Important Registration Information: Player IDs and Battle Box (Updated April 13th)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So ya. I did this and got top 4 and gave them my account. But on my account, I put the fake information (name and age) and I got an email saying my account has been deleted... Do you know how I can recover it?

Is it required that I opt in and input my address?
Or if I do win something or an invite can I just fill something out at the time?
Do I need to print it out?
What if I lose it / my info changes? Is it bad to register for TWO IDs?

I think information about preregistration for tournaments might also be good to put in this thread, seeing how preregistration, like Player IDs, are kind of new for us VGC players, and some of us are kind of uncomfortable with it, so I think some information about preregistration would be really helpful. :D

Thanks for reminding us!
Now time to go dig that ID out of somewhere...
I think I have two Pokemon.com accounts though... Lol

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Is it required that I opt in and input my address?
Or if I do win something or an invite can I just fill something out at the time?
Do I need to print it out?
What if I lose it / my info changes? Is it bad to register for TWO IDs?
Save yourself the headache and put your address in correctly the first time. Keep your ID somewhere safe. Yes, it's bad to register two IDs. That can get you disqualified from Play! events.

Save yourself the headache and put your address in correctly the first time. Keep your ID somewhere safe. Yes, it's bad to register two IDs. That can get you disqualified from Play! events.
What if you had an old account and decided to make a new account and use the new account instead? Could i get DQed for that?

Team Rocket Elite

Data Integration Thought Entity
is a Top Researcher Alumnus
What if you had an old account and decided to make a new account and use the new account instead? Could i get DQed for that?
You can get your IDs merged together. It's only a problem if you intentionally try to keep them separate. For VGC is probably doesn't matter too much right now but it likely will in the future.

skarm

I HAVE HOTEL ROOMS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
What if I never used the old account for any events ever?
Then it won't matter. I have a couple, but only one I've used for prizing. I'll try to get them merged shortly. If you've never logged into the old ones then there's no problem because your name isn't associated with it.

Firestorm

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Just a week left until regionals! If you don't have an ID already and want to speed up registration, sign up for one now!

Firestorm

You can see if your local tournament organizer has it in their system maybe? Otherwise no not really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)