Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - VGC edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi there, i'm not really sure if this question belongs to this section, sorry if it doesn't
the thing is that while building a VGC team on PO I did the following moveset for spiritomb:

Spiritomb
Trait: Infiltrator
- Sucker Punch (level up move)
- Snarl (TM)
- Icy Wind (DW)
- Thief (TM)

as far as i know, this moveset should be legal (checked here and on bulbapedia) but when I use this poke in battle the move Icy Wind disappears... can anyone tell me why?
thanks

As far as I can tell, the moveset is not legal because Snarl is an unreleased TM. The only way to get it is to breed for it, so Icy Wind isn't legal with Snarl. I could be wrong though.

As far as I can tell, the moveset is not legal because Snarl is an unreleased TM. The only way to get it is to breed for it, so Icy Wind isn't legal with Snarl. I could be wrong though.
that information was right. However, i replaced that move with a level up move and the problem still exist... anyone else could give me a clue?

that information was right. However, i replaced that move with a level up move and the problem still exist... anyone else could give me a clue?
It could be that PO has not updated the scripts or something. I remember there was a problem where moxie salamence wasn't allowed to have outrage when it gets it as a dream world move.

I hope i worded that right lol

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
It could be that PO has not updated the scripts or something. I remember there was a problem where moxie salamence wasn't allowed to have outrage when it gets it as a dream world move.

I hope i worded that right lol
Almost certainly the case. The learning method for Icy Wind is listed as 4G Tutor, and when I tried it, I got this error: "Spiritomb can't learn the following moves from older generations at the same time as having the ability Infiltrator: Icy Wind."

skarm

I HAVE HOTEL ROOMS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Man, you are going to get so many noogies when I see you next. How many of those belong to your brother? 85%? 95%?

Jesus christ Aaron. :(

I wonder how many medals/trophies this kid will have by the time he becomes a master.

I'm scared to see the amount of medals/trophies BABBYTRON gets by the time he is a master.

OK! Question about Dragonite!

OR

Leftovers or Haban Berry? Why not Yache?
Dnite is running the standard spread, with Dragon Claw.

Assume I do not plan to switch as I do not have many safe switch ins to Haxorus, Latios, Garchomp, etc. etc. Also, my way of dealing with dragons is with my own Dnite and Latios on my team. In case of Scarf I have Twave on my Rotom.

I am torn because Haban could save me if my multiscale was broken previously and then I am forced to take a CB Garchomp's Dragon Claw, which could kill me. Haban could save my butt there. This is my first real VGC so I'm unsure about the presence of Dragons.

Leftovers on the other hand could help renew my multiscale in tandem with Protect. I run a Dnite with 192 HP (meaning 12 HP recovery every turn). If I take a weak attack with multiscale and then heal with lefties and then get a new multiscale it would be great. Also, lefties protects me from having multiscale broken so easily by Hail and Sand.

Yache I noticed is not on the analysis. Should I use it, or is it inferior?

2) Is Wide Guard a useful move to have with my Dragons and Rotom?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
There's no reason you can't use Yache, it just depends on what you need it for. Remember that although analyses can be very useful, they are ultimately someone's opinion and they can't cover all viable options. In your case, though, since you said you use it as a counter to other Dragons, Haban would probably be best. For example, you could tank a boosted Draco Meteor from Latios (which would otherwise have a chance of KOing through Multiscale) and then KO it back.

Wide Guard can be useful, but it's highly prediction-dependent, and in many situations you'd be nearly as well off Protecting with the vulnerable partner and attacking with the other.

There's no reason you can't use Yache, it just depends on what you need it for. Remember that although analyses can be very useful, they are ultimately someone's opinion and they can't cover all viable options. In your case, though, since you said you use it as a counter to other Dragons, Haban would probably be best. For example, you could tank a boosted Draco Meteor from Latios (which would otherwise have a chance of KOing through Multiscale) and then KO it back.

Wide Guard can be useful, but it's highly prediction-dependent, and in many situations you'd be nearly as well off Protecting with the vulnerable partner and attacking with the other.
Thanks a lot, more opinions would still be nice :)

EDIT: (in case people don't get what I mean, I mean Dragonite: Haban or Leftovers and why; see my previous post)

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
It's a random question but... has there been any official announcement as to why is chatot banned from gbu? I think I figured it out but I'd like to hear other thoughts first :3

It's a random question but... has there been any official announcement as to why is chatot banned from gbu? I think I figured it out but I'd like to hear other thoughts first :3
It's because it learns Chatter, which lets you make a custom sound when it is used. They banned it because they didn't want people recording anything inappropriate and going online with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)