VGC Community Create-a-Team - Check post #280 [RMT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dozz

Has anyone in this family ever seen a chicken?
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Voting's over, more nominations

Alright guys, the votes are in, and the results are as follows.

Terrakion - 7

Marowak - 5

Rotom-W 2 - 4

Virizion - 3

Gastrodon - 2

Latios - 1

Rotom-W 1 - 1

Zapdos - 1

So, that means Alaka's Terrakion gets added to the team

Terrakion @ Focus Sash
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4HP / 252Atk / 252Spe
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SAtk)
-Rock Slide
-Stone Edge
-Close Combat
-Protect
Making our current lineup look like this

Abomasnow @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Snow Warning
EVs: 12 HP / 248 SAtk / 248 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Blizzard
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sheer Cold

Milotic @ Water Gem
Trait: Marvel Scale
EVs: 6 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Blizzard
- Scald
- Hail
- Protect

Chandelure @ Resist Berry Rock/Ground
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
Heat Wave
Shadow Ball
Trick Room
Protect

Hitmontop @ Fight Gem/Life Orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Mach Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Fake Out
- Wide Guard

Terrakion @ Focus Sash
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4HP / 252Atk / 252Spe
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SAtk)
-Rock Slide
-Stone Edge
-Close Combat
-Protect
Now we have the last round of Step 3, nominations for the final member of this team. Nominate as many as you like, but make sure that they're all viable, not just theorymon. It may help to make a case for why you think the team needs this to be rounded out. After a few days, I'll collect nominations, filter through them slightly and put them to the vote for one last time. Go, nominate something now!

Looking at all of this team's typing and weaknesses, and duh, it finally occurred to me, where's the Chomp?

Garchomp @ Yache Berrry
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Nature: Jolly
-Dragon Claw
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Protect

With Garchomp, the team evens out to 3 Physical Attackers/3 Special Attackers, and Garchomp gives the rest of the team a Ground/Dragon coverage. However, it must watch out for the now 100% accurate Blizzards, but its Yache Berry will allow it to survive, and the other teammates can KO the threats to it.

This team really doesn't have a support Pokemon so I think it needs one.

Cresselia@ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Levitate
Evs: 252HP/4Def/252SpD
Nature:Calm
-Helping Hand
-Thunder Wave/ Icy Wind
-Psychic
-Safeguard

This is a specially defensive cress, using helping hand to make he teams attacks stronger. A speed reducing move so the team can outspeed some mons. Icy Wind if you want to get rid of Yache berries while reducing speed or thunder wave if you want to shutdown speedy mons. Psychic is a great stab move to take down the fighting mons that are fairly common in this metagame. Safeguard because the team has nothing to stop spore users and safeguard will handle that easily.

Gastrodon @ Ground Gem
trait: Storm Drain
252 HP/252 SAtk/4 Def
Modest Nature (+SPatk/-Atk)
-Earth Power
-Muddy Water
-Blizzard
-Protect
Putting this set back up, not only does the team now have a bigger weakness to Metagross, but it doesn't have any hard counters to rain, with Milotic taking massive chunks of damage from Ludicolo and Zapdos.

Biosci

Danger!?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 3rd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SCL Champion
I had a whole big post from yesterday all typed up and everything, but after thinking it over and looking at the defensive side of the team I knew we needed someone who can give the team some key resistances. I was immediately brought to looking how some steel-type candidates could fit well in the team and after thinking about it I decided on Scizor.

Scizor @ Flying Gem
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature (+Spe, -SAtk)
-Bullet Punch
-Bug Bite
-Acrobatics
-Protect

It adds a key staple to the teams synergy resist nearly anything that everyone on the team takes neutral from. It's own weakness get covered by Chandelure and it works well against rain if you play it right. It's just good at what it does and no question about it.

The only reccuring weakness we don't currently have a good counter to is Fighting. Here is a Cress that I feel can help the team with that Fighting weakness, who does it better then her?

Cresselia@Chesto Berry
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/6 SpDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
-Psychic
-Thunder Wave
-Rest
-Helping Hand

A pretty simple set, but it differs from the other Cress submitted in that it is physically bulky. We have somewhat better Special Defenses as a team at the moment, so I just figured this would fit in the best. While Cress would give us double weakness to Ghost and Dark because of Chandelure, and Bug because of Abomasnow, we have counters to those types. Psychic is important for Fighting types, which it can almost always 2HKO. Thunder Wave could make an opponent slower while our partner stalls for a turn, and will certainly be faster the next turn then the Paralyzed opponent. Chesto Rest is a good way of getting back to full health, we certainly couldn't run Moonlight because of Hail. Helping Hand is somewhat of filler, but it is definitely a good move, notably in conjunction with our numerous multitarget moves. Rock Slide fails to kill the genies weak to it some of the time, as do Chandelure's Heat Waves on Metagross. Helping Hand boost will get those and others out of the way easier, so they can't threaten the team.

Hmm...like other people pointed out, this team is missing a support. Let's get sort-of-creative and pick Amoongus!

Amoongus @Sitrus Berry
Trait: Effect Spore
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 Sp. Def
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Protect

Paired with Chandelure, this mushroom can support the team really well while Chandelure sets up Trick Room, or let the other Pokemon attack. It will render enemy Sucker Punches useless with Rage Powder (having a +3 priority against a +1 priority) and puts offending Tyranitars and other Pokemon to sleep. With Spore being the ONLY status condition on this particular team, it's going to see a lot of use. Giga Drain is there to prevent it from being total Taunt bait, as well as to let it heal a little HP up. Protect is Protect. Also, I see that this would be a secondary Gastrodon counter due to Giga Drain.

Dozz

Has anyone in this family ever seen a chicken?
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Nominations have been open a while for the last slot on this team, so it's time to round up the nominations, and take votes on what you think should round out the team. Look at the current team and playstyle, read through the nominations below, and then vote for themmby posting with the name in bold.

This week, you can choose from...

Garchomp

SpDef Cresselia

Gastrodon

Scizor

Def Cress

Amoongus

So, get voting, to round out stage three. Then it'll be time to finalise, and work on a five star RMT for this team. Voting will be open until Sunday night, but may be extended if the number of votes is particularly low.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)