Gen V Balanced Hackmons

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the most common ability on Slaking anyways? Pure/Huge Power? I'm asking because I've seen some Slaking use Scrappy meaning even Giratina loses to +6 Silk Scarf Extremespeed iirc. :(
Honestly, the most common ability is not truant. I have battled 6 Pure Power/Huge Power Slakings, but that was all the same person. Yet to encounter the same ability twice.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
This is a list of pokemon that are not be OHKO'd by +6 Pure Power Slaking's ExtremeSpeed (Excluding immunities) :

Probopass
Bastiodon
Regirock
Aggron (11% chance to 2HKO.)
Lairon
Aron
Steelix

That is a list of 7 pokemon, none of which are competitively useable. That prover, people, that Belly Drum Slaking has no useable hard counters.
Giratina takes 84.12 - 99.4% from +6 Scrappy Extreme Speed with a neutral nature. If Slaking uses an attack boosting nature, speed boosting nature Blissey comes in and ends the game right then and there.

Prankster Giratina-A with a +speed nature outspeeds base 100's with a neutral one so as long as Slaking doesn't run +speed Giratina-A will always win.
Pretty much every pokemon runs +speed nature because of how common speed ties are.

What is the most common ability on Slaking anyways? Pure/Huge Power? I'm asking because I've seen some Slaking use Scrappy meaning even Giratina loses to +6 Silk Scarf Extremespeed iirc. :(
From what I see the best sets are Huge Power Extremespeed/Crunch/Hi Jump Kick/Filler or Scrappy Belly Drum/Extremespeed/Shadow Sneak/Mach Punch. I personally stay away from the second one because of Blissey.

I highly doubt that set would be effective as it is begging to be phazed away and/or have its boosts stolen by Blissey/Heart Swap users. Lugia is much more suited for Quiver Dance passing with either Shadow Tag or Magic Bounce, imo.

Trick shadow taggers are superior since then you can finish the line in half the time, make one of their pokes useless most of the time, and they don't restore their abilities if they switch (BP, U-turn, etc...)

Dialga @ Lum Berry
Trait: Serene Grace
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Shift Gear
- Iron Head
- Substitute
- Recover

This is quite a fun set to abuse Serene Grace. Despite many considering it cheap, flinch-hax is an effective way of killing things. This Dialga set can pull off the strategy exceptionally well. With a bit of luck, you could end up killing literally anything. The partial Steel typing is incredibly useful as it provides a resistance to Extremespeed.

I like the look of that set!! lol forgot about how much hax plays into the picture in this game. Curious question though with dialga vs metagross when using this set? Metagross has the higher attack power and a key resistance to mach punch on slaking. While Dialga has better bulk in everything and the surprise factor since its seen as a special attacker. Dialga also has the nicer added bonus off scaring giratina off giving it a one time chance to set up.

Funnily enough Metagross never actually occurred to me. xD

I'll try it out I guess, although I still like the extra bulk and speed that Dialga has. Plus, I haven't seen Mach Punch on Slaking very often anyway.

Lol, crazy tier but it seems pretty cool breaking all the rules of Competitive pokemon battling. Also some stuff would have to be banned or it will get pretty psycho

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Lol, crazy tier but it seems pretty cool breaking all the rules of Competitive pokemon battling. Also some stuff would have to be banned or it will get pretty psycho
That's why you can't use OHKO moves or Wonderguard.

Dialga @ Lum Berry
Trait: Serene Grace
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Shift Gear
- Iron Head
- Substitute
- Recover

This is quite a fun set to abuse Serene Grace. Despite many considering it cheap, flinch-hax is an effective way of killing things. This Dialga set can pull off the strategy exceptionally well. With a bit of luck, you could end up killing literally anything. The partial Steel typing is incredibly useful as it provides a resistance to Extremespeed.

I like the look of that set!! lol forgot about how much hax plays into the picture in this game. Curious question though with dialga vs metagross when using this set? Metagross has the higher attack power and a key resistance to mach punch on slaking. While Dialga has better bulk in everything and the surprise factor since its seen as a special attacker. Dialga also has the nicer added bonus off scaring Giratina off giving it a one time chance to set up.
Dialga can only kill Giratina in one hit with a Dragon Gem Draco Meteor (or some use of Specs) so scaring it off is a bit of a challenge. If you aren't going to use Scarf then Jirachi/Metagross are essential because Slaking outspeeds and slams Dialga with a Hi Jump Kick, whereas Jirachi can speed tie with him and both of them can take single Hi Jump Kick. If you are going to use a Choice Scarf then I recommend Dialga because he possesses the best physical bulk of the three.

Wait, wouldn't that set work like:
1: Bring Dialga in on something it can take
2: Shift Gear
3:???
4: Outspeed most nonscarfers and annoy the shit out of stuff?

Given the infinite possibilities of balanced hackmons, I would love to see certain abilities get the most made out of them. Like Adaptability. The only one that makes use of it is Crawdaunt, and that isn't much use.

Obviously, Dual Type Pokemon would make the most use of it. It might make Delibird RU. I think Blaziken becomes OU with it (not using Speed Boost). It would make a good DW ability for Slakoth/Vigoroth/Slaking. Rotom's forms become OU; all of them. With an easy way to change Rotom's forms, it might be even more powerful. Obviously, all Dragons become broken.

Just an idea I had. I would like to see Balanced Hackmons get used to make the UU, RU, and NU pokemon and abilities playable.

Rotom does not please losing levitate.. And Hackmons can already be used for that, you just need to set it up with a group of people and play eachother by challenges.

Dialga can only kill Giratina in one hit with a Dragon Gem Draco Meteor (or some use of Specs) so scaring it off is a bit of a challenge. If you aren't going to use Scarf then Jirachi/Metagross are essential because Slaking outspeeds and slams Dialga with a Hi Jump Kick, whereas Jirachi can speed tie with him and both of them can take single Hi Jump Kick. If you are going to use a Choice Scarf then I recommend Dialga because he possesses the best physical bulk of the three.
Wait... that whole quote makes no sense. Dialga hits giratina with any dragon move and giratina lost half its life.

Neutral nature Dragon pulse vs Neutral nature Giratina- 50% - 58.7%

And as a battler, if someone is switching their dialga into my giratina I think I have an instinct to switch out cause i figure something big is coming cause he switched his dialga in for a reason, even if its just to weaken my giratina cause he wants something else in. but again thats all relating to "scaring giratina off" to get one opportunity to set up shift gear. Metagross is the complete opposite. lol it attracts giratina.

Now I dont understand what your talking about scarf's and everything? The set is Shift Gear which boosts your speed +2, outspeed almost every choice scarfer. Which is rare in Balanced Hackmons. If your talking about outpseeding slaking, well my question is why would you try to set up on him in the first place? Neither Jirachi/Metagross can stomach the bulk to set up on slaking as neither can take a Hi Jump Kick + then Espeed to death. Be damned if dialga has the bulk to survive a hi Jump Kick in the first place. That's the part im confused about cause why would you send in your dialga/metagross/jirachi in Slaking in the first place?

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
Wait... that whole quote makes no sense. Dialga hits giratina with any dragon move and giratina lost half its life.

Neutral nature Dragon pulse vs Neutral nature Giratina- 50% - 58.7%

And as a battler, if someone is switching their dialga into my giratina I think I have an instinct to switch out cause i figure something big is coming cause he switched his dialga in for a reason, even if its just to weaken my giratina cause he wants something else in. but again thats all relating to "scaring giratina off" to get one opportunity to set up shift gear. Metagross is the complete opposite. lol it attracts giratina.

Now I dont understand what your talking about scarf's and everything? The set is Shift Gear which boosts your speed +2, outspeed almost every choice scarfer. Which is rare in Balanced Hackmons. If your talking about outpseeding slaking, well my question is why would you try to set up on him in the first place? Neither Jirachi/Metagross can stomach the bulk to set up on slaking as neither can take a Hi Jump Kick + then Espeed to death. Be damned if dialga has the bulk to survive a hi Jump Kick in the first place. That's the part im confused about cause why would you send in your dialga/metagross/jirachi in Slaking in the first place?
My apologies, I didn't read very clearly at the time. Though it is worth noticing that both Jirachi and Metagross can take a Hi Jump Kick + Extreme Speed from Slaking, they will not be able to take a third and won't be able to do anything back.

can you set the level of your pokemon ?
I was thinking it would be rather funny to use a level one pokemon with sturdy and leech seed to kill blissy because leech seed would keep healing you to full health and since your level one you would always get ohko'd so youd never die.
for example:
level 1 budew with sturdy
leech seed
toxic
wrap
clamp

why not somenoe from Mamoswine line then? its immune to both SS and Hail. Also, for item, i would go lefties, and would give it protect too. The reason is simple: with protect, 2 turns of lefties = damage from SR neglected, bringing you back to full HP. For last move you could go a trapping move or worry seed, to f*** those Magic guarders on the switch 8D

So, IMO, the best set would be:

Swinub/Piloswine/Mamoswine level 1 @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
Whatever nature and EVs
-Leech Seed
-Toxic
-Protect
-Worry Seed/Wrap/Whirlpool/Gastro Acid

EDIT: I wouldnt go Attacking-Trap move. Non-Scarf blissey could kill you otherwise, with leech seed + damaging move. A good option would be Spikes, for support or endeavor (but that would mean you are NOT brought back to 100%, meaning endeavor is a worse option.

Conclusion: Worry Seed, Gastro Acid or Spikes ftw

can you set the level of your pokemon ?
I was thinking it would be rather funny to use a level one pokemon with sturdy and leech seed to kill blissy because leech seed would keep healing you to full health and since your level one you would always get ohko'd so youd never die.
for example:
level 1 budew with sturdy
leech seed
toxic
wrap
clamp
Wouldn't Gastly be a better Pokémon to use? He's got an immunity to Toxic and two immunities to switch into (as you're going with Sturdy not Levitate), which would make him a better Sturdy Seeder than Budew, no? It would also be a check to Pure Power Slaking (as long as hazards aren't on the field), being able to revenge and Leech Seed sweep away.

I'd also use Mean Look, as once you've got them Seeded they can't just switch around and stall your moves out. Neither Wrap or Clamp have 100% accuracy, so Mean Look might be a more accurate and reliable alternative. Once the opponent is Seeded, you beat them anyway. I'd imagine something like Encore / Taunt would be a good move too to consider to stop people just Subbing in your face.

Just take a FEAR mon and slap Leech Seed on it for da lols. Leech Seed turn 1, Endeavor the next (while holding a Shell Bell), and wabam! you're back to full health and the opponent is dead. Works on everything not grass type, magic bounce, or magic guard.

I just thought of something else
this time i thought it through a bit more
Regice with simple
cotton guard
tail glow
ice beam
thuder bolt
leftovers
I think this will hit like a truck
but still be very good defensively

This may seem odd, but Illusion has kicked @$$ with king. It gives you the turn of set up that he can abuse.

Imanalt

I'm the coolest girl you'll ever meet
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
illusion belly drum slaking is a very interetsing idea, and i may try it out.

Also, there is one poke that can hard counter any slaking without scrappy easily, but it is not great vs anythign else, so its viability is questionable:
Gengar/Froslass
Jolly@lum
Prankster
Imprison
Shadow sneak
Crunch
Heart swap

The main draw of this is its ability to outrun slakings shadow sneak and imprison, preventing slaking's only 2 common moves to hit ghosts from being usable. Heart swap is mainly there as a last ditch lategame vs a set up sweeper.

I wonder if using 100% critical hit moves in combination with sniper would be any good
Probably not, with sniper these moves get 120(180) BP without any side effects.
This would be great, if it wasn't hackmons.
Because of the nature of hackmons, every pokemon can use an amazing high power move in combination with a great ability. Not to mention that these high power moves can still crit, where 100% crit moves "can't".

That said, you can probably create a good set that counters that Simple Regice set because you can completely ignore the cotton guard boost and hit it supereffectively.

So my conclusion would be:
If it's aimed towards countering simply cotton guard/amnesie pokemon, great.
If it's not, better off picking something that has high base power and a more useful ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)