VGC '12 Italy National - Milan - April 1st - WON BY --Kasty--!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dozz

Has anyone in this family ever seen a chicken?
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Aha, I was battling next to him for that. Glad to see these pictures uploaded! Shame you didn't have the one of the score as well...*Cough* 4-0 *cough*.

I must admit, the winner stays on thing with the old VGC10 boxes was very good fun. I spent an hour or so knocking about there, racking up loads of battles! Also nice to play more than three matches in a day, and watch some interesting tactics on there. More side attractions like that would always be appreciated.

rofl that match was nothing short of hilarious

I was trying to prove you all wrong

I was trying to prove that my Ferrothorn is the strongest

then I got 4-0ed because of her

But I still love you Elsa Maria <3

Ferrothorn is so all-or-nothing. Kinda the perfect Pokémon for me haha.

Peterko

Never give up!
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey there, posting to say that I just got back home from Milan.

It was a pleasure meeting all of you people again, unfortunately we sort of failed at partying / chilling together compared to Paris lol, but it felt awesome to see all of those now-familiar faces. Hope to hear/read some of your stories, how was your journey to Lago di Como (or where you were) on Monday my british friends? Hope you had a nice time.

Congrats to the 4 that qualified for worlds.

Oh and for those who didn´t know but care, I lost round 2 to the Frenchman Raphael who later made it to worlds as a semi-finalist. Our match was on the screen so some people saw it live (Massi, DaFlo, Pokérob). I´ve played excellent the first couple of turns which really showcased my rather unique lead duo, but then I predicted too much/got outplayed (still not sure) in the last two turns which cost me the game, gg. So yeah, I underachieved / failed big time :(

I did some heavy sightseeing in the following two days...not that it made me less uneasy about the whole tournament thing, but whatever.

I´ll probably post a story in the next couple of days, if only to gather and write up all of my memories, btw. seems like I have 1042 photos, but only a handful from the actual tourney lol (also my team deserves to be revealed, if only because I think noone else played that this year), although my round 2 fail isn´t as easy to take as I would like to despite all my "life goes on" talk towards drug_duck and misaki lol (hey, how difficult was that night on the airport and how was your flight back home?).

My loss is kind of haunting me whenever my mind gets a free second or two - was probably a good thing I was so occupied with running around Milan.

Dozz said:
I know what you mean about your loss haunting you, exactly the same for me man! Hope your travel wasn't too bad.
It´s one thing to say "life goes on" and act like it´s nothing, when in fact it kind of haunts you on everytime you´re not occupying your brain. It was much better after Paris for me, I mean I only had "that feeling" for like 10 minutes 4 days after the tournament, maybe because I still felt I had a shot in Milan. This time it´s kind of "it´s over", fail at stuff you invest heavily in (time, time, time, part of yourself/experience, money) and that you consider yourself to be skillful in.

Oh well, but life does indeed go on (it´s just Pokémon) and what I´ll take from Milan will be all the great stuff I saw. I mean the tourney was half of a day, I still had a great sightseeing 2 days afterwards, and sightseeing is actually so not me lol.

Dimsun

VGC 2012 Seniors Champion
Hey there, posting to say that I just got back home from Milan.

It was a pleasure meeting all of you people again, unfortunately we sort of failed at partying / chilling together compared to Paris lol, but it felt awesome to see all of those now-familiar faces. Hope to hear/read some of your stories, how was your journey to Lago di Como (or where you were) on Monday my british friends? Hope you had a nice time.

Congrats to the 4 that qualified for worlds.

Oh and for those who didn´t know but care, I lost round 2 to the Frenchman Raphael who later made it to worlds as a semi-finalist. Our match was on the screen so some people saw it live (Massi, DaFlo, Pokérob). I´ve played excellent the first couple of turns which really showcased my rather unique lead duo, but then I predicted too much/got outplayed (still not sure) in the last two turns which cost me the game, gg. So yeah, I underachieved / failed big time :(

I did some heavy sightseeing in the following two days...not that it made me less uneasy about the whole tournament thing, but whatever.

I´ll probably post a story in the next couple of days, if only to gather and write up all of my memories, btw. seems like I have 1042 photos, but only a handful from the actual tourney lol (also my team deserves to be revealed, if only because I think noone else played that this year), although my round 2 fail isn´t as easy to take as I would like to despite all my "life goes on" talk towards drug_duck and misaki lol (hey, how difficult was that night on the airport and how was your flight back home?).

My loss is kind of haunting me whenever my mind gets a free second or two - was probably a good thing I was so occupied with running around Milan.

It´s one thing to say "life goes on" and act like it´s nothing, when in fact it kind of haunts you on everytime you´re not occupying your brain. It was much better after Paris for me, I mean I only had "that feeling" for like 10 minutes 4 days after the tournament, maybe because I still felt I had a shot in Milan. This time it´s kind of "it´s over", fail at stuff you invest heavily in (time, time, time, part of yourself/experience, money) and that you consider yourself to be skillful in.

Oh well, but life does indeed go on (it´s just Pokémon) and what I´ll take from Milan will be all the great stuff I saw. I mean the tourney was half of a day, I still had a great sightseeing 2 days afterwards, and sightseeing is actually so not me lol.
I know how you feel man. I'm glad you got to go and have fun(same for all you other Euro guys, I'm sure you had a blast!) though, even if you didn't do well. It's really hard to put into words the way you feel after you lose at VGC though. Here's hoping for a better next year :)

I'm finaly back home.

It was a pleasure meeting you all: Tblakey, Zog, Pokerob, Dozz, Nathan, Anthony, Drug Duck, Massi, Misaki, Matty, Peterko, Galooks, Lprox, Shinycarletto, Deku, Jordi, Marta, David, Alex, Francesco, Umbreon 91, Mrpokemon, Asuya, Tizio and last but not least the parents (excuse me if I forgot anybody).

Huge cheers to my friends Kasty and Sekiam. The three of us came together and you two did it. Very good job, pals; training together and being close friends really paid off. Congrats as well to those who qualified.

To italians. Don't feel bad, there were a truckload of good trainers coming from other places (don't diss us, we want the prizes as much as you do). In fact shinycarletto and Lprox got really close to qualifying, and they realy deserved it.

And about my performance, I lost in round 2. I happened to pick a bd team match up against him, were I had to save a poke which was the only one that could easily KO two in his party. With some careful switching, thoughtful protects and prediction I managed to leave him with 3 pokes in low range (2%, 21% and 25% roughly) after a long battle. I had two pokes remamining at full health that where about to sweep his team and I had 1:30 in my clock. I fired my last moves and happened to miss. Then I got sucked out of my victory because he time stalled the last minute. He happened to lose in top 8, so that makes me think that I had some potential to qualify.

Thanks for reading :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)