NU Permanent Weather Starter Experiment (updated with part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Comparing Amoongus to Ferrothorn.

Scarf Kyruem Blizzard versus max/max+ Amoongus: 75.46 - 89.35%
Scarf Kyurem Blizzard versus max/max+ Ferrothorn: 36.07 - 42.89%
Scarf Kyurem Hp Fire in neutral weather versus max/max+ Ammongus: 29.62 - 35.18%
Scarf Kyurem HP Fire in neutral weather versus max/max+ Ferrothorn: 56.81 - 67.04%

Hippowdon Earthquake
...versus max/max+ Amoongus - 43.51 - 51.38%
...versus max/max+ Ferrothorn - 35.79 - 42.61%
...versus max/max+ Gliscor under Gravity - 36.44 - 43.22%
...versus 240/216+ Swampert: 41.89 - 49.37%

Landorus Earth Power
...versus max/max+ Amoongus: 37.03 - 43.98%
...versus max/max+ Ferrothorn: 35.22 - 41.47%
...versus max/max+ Jellicent: 33.41 - 39.35%
...versus max/max+ Eviolite Chansey: 12.78 - 15.05% (for the lulz)
...versus 252/0 Espeon with Light Screen up: 30.53 - 35.92%

252 Naive LO Tornadus Hurricane versus max/max+ Amoongus - 94.9 - 112.5%

Amoongus may not be at the top of the pack, but what I believe sets it apart is the typing. Poison isn't bad as a defensive typing, and being neutral to Earthquake only helps.

those calcs are hardly fair.

you cant just use blizzard since amoonguss is SE to it.

if youre going to do that, use conkeldurr's drain punch or terrkaion's close combat, too

tehy

Banned deucer.
well amoonguss, actually has spore and 66% instant recovery, which is just as nice.
The reason people use gastrodon is the ability to 100% wall certain pokemon. The bulk helps, and so does the boost, but that's the main reason to use him. Show me some common pokemon in NU amoonguss hard-walls. I admit it's a good mixed wall, and spore is nice, but that doesn't make him a good comparison to gastrodon.

As for the comparison;kind of weird, but the point wasn't SE attacks to bias against ferro or he wouldn't have used hurricane. It was just to show random bulk, i suppose? More revelant calcs are necessary IMO.

Hey everyone, sorry for the wait but the first post has been updated to include the second tournament. The third one will be updated soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)