Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - VGC edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dozz

Has anyone in this family ever seen a chicken?
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
How strict is the company on profane language/references/innuendos? 'cause I don't wanna be kicked out just cause my Pokemon is named something weird.
I'd suggest playing on the safer side with this one. In 2010, I know there was a big hoohaa when my friend (Aka PorkLoin) had a Tyranitar with a suspect nickname. The Ttar in question was called Obama, and with 'tar being a Dark type, they had to get some senior officials over to determine if it was racist or not. But, don't put anything stupid and obviously rude or offensive and you should be fine.

R Inanimate

It's Lunatic Time
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I believe someone wasn't allow to use a Salamence named "MurderFace" in the Oregon regionals. So the bar of what is considered offensive is fairly low, so try not to name anything remotely suspicious.

I believe someone wasn't allow to use a Salamence named "MurderFace" in the Oregon regionals. So the bar of what is considered offensive is fairly low, so try not to name anything remotely suspicious.
What about using Butt in a Pokemon's name? Like a Stunfisk named Buttfisk?

gec

pharos
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Assuming you get thrown out the tournament, you wouldn't be allowed to re-enter. Prevention is better than cure; if you're in doubt about whether your Pokemon's nickname is acceptable or not, it probably isn't. Don't risk it.

Dozz

Has anyone in this family ever seen a chicken?
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Pomeg/Kelpsy/Qualot/Hondew/Grepa and Tamato berries are the ones you need, for each stat (Top to Bottom) there. They're DW berries in the Windswept sky area I believe, so if you're in a rush for them, you might have to find someone very generous :)

Marriland's pokedex is very comprehensive as well, that's what I use. Bulbapedia doesn't have past gen tutor moves, so don't completely trust that.

Are regionals ever longer or shorter than they are supposed to be? Because my dad wants to go golfing while I'm there, and the event SAYS 8:30 to 7:00 (counting signups).

If signups start at 8:30, what time do I need to be there at to assure spots for me and my two friends?

Where can I find a full VGC Threatlist?

AND

Is there anything that I really need to know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)