Apprentice Program: Round Sixty One

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assigned to Noodlez

Username: Max212
Your Pokemon Online Username: Max212
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -8, I'm on all day weekends and 5-10 p.m. weekdays.
What tier do you want to learn? BW Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a typical teenager enjoying life. I like to play football and rap on my free time.

Username: Neroo
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Hody
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT + 1, i'm available in week a lot and week-end
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: i play at pokemon during two years (in strategy) i've some troubles with teambuilding and playing pokemon ;)

Assigned to Alice

Username:
Fabulous but lazy
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Fabulous
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: -5. Almost all day
Tell us a little about yourself: I’m acollege student studying Accounting, I love listen music and my favorites are Sonata Arctica, Rhapsody of fire, Coldplay, Laurent Wolf, David guetta.
*YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE LESS THAN 25 POSTS
Well I’m an old trainer back to the days of DP. I left retreat xD and I’m interested in play pokemon again like old times.

Alice agreed to tutor me.

Assigned to Scimjara

Username:Sir
Shoddy Username: Sir
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5, 7-9 PM on weekdays. mornings on weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I want Scimjara to tutor me cause I hear he's the boss at DPP. Oh and Scimjara agreed to tutor me.

Username: Ticcyboy
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Ticcyboy
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT 5pm-10pm
Tell us a little about yourself: Ive loved pokemon for many years now but never got into competitive battling and would now really like to get into it. Ive tried a little bit before but im just really rubbish and really need someone to teach me. This may also hinder my chances of being offered a tutor but a couple rounds ago i was offered one but due to family issues i was unable to take up the offer of a tutor. Thanks

Assigned to yee

Username: Mithril
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Mithril
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: PST (GMT-8) Weekdays 5 PM - 2 AM. Weekends pretty much all day.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 19 year old college student studying Bioengineering at UCSD. I'm interested in sports, particularly basketball, and love playing video games. In terms of my BW OU history, I have had two tutoring rounds prior. One that was useful, but was long ago and due to the hiatus I had from playing I am just out of touch with the metagame. The other round, my tutor only met with me once and really wasn't very helpful overall. I would also like to become more involved with the community as a whole, as currently it is difficult to find places to jump in and contribute.

Would like to request a member of US West, as I would love to get the chance to play for them in WCOP.

Yee has agreed to tutor me

Username: SLFCNSDRT
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: slfcnsdrt
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST. Available Weedkday after 7PM; weekends mornings and afternoons
Tell us a little about yourself: College student studying Comp Sci. Into photography, film & media, blogging, and running. Been a fan of the pokemon games since the first day (red, yellow, gold, crystal, emerald, diamond, white)
Less than 25 posts: As mentioned in my brief bio, I've always been a fan of pokemon. Competitively I haven't done much since the days of link cables. I've recently started to get into the metagame this generation. I've been browsing through the site articles about tiers, EVs, moveset, nature, etc combinations for pokemon (at least to apply to ingame battles). Didn't know there was tutoring until recently so I signed up for the site. I just need some guidance to actually apply this to the PO.

Username: Coeden
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT 19:00-22:00
Tell us a little about yourself: Hi I'm Wayne and I'm from Wales UK. I've been into Pokémon now since RBY first came out. I've recently got into competetive battling and know ev training but I'm struggling with hidden power and IV. I really want to train for VGC 2013 and I just want to be a better battler. Please help me.

Under 25 Posts explanation: I need someone to help me intergrate inot competetive battling and the forums. It's quite intimidating when you see so many amazing trainers battling and knowing so much. I really want to be apart of this community I just need a helping hand.

Username:Rob B
Pokemon online username:Rob uno
Tier: BW OU
Timezone and availability:CST US I am usually available between 1 and 3pm and 7pm-12am
About me: I am a college student at the moment. I am really into sports and music. In the last year I have re-fallen in love with pokemon and just became fascinated with every aspect of . I have created a few teams already and had some success but I would love to learn more and improve.

This is my first post because I am very new and I haven't yet had anything to contribute to the community. My hope is the more I learn the more I can contribute.

Username: Xei Win Toh
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Xei
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: CET (GMT+1, or i guess +2 now in the summer? stupid daylight saving time). Technically availible most of the day I guess, but 'prime-time' hours of 8pm-midnight is obviously best.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW RU. Failing that, BW NU. Failing that, BW UU.
Tell us a little about yourself: Well, I'm a serious guy, a gamer, I love theorycrafting and competing when I know I can actually compete. I'm a quick learner, and dedicated to what I do if I get enjoyment out of it. Aside from Pokémon, I enjoy a wide variety of videogames, as well as stuff like M:tG and driving my car. My favorite Pokémon is Cradily.

25 posts: Well, because I don't yet have the experience, I can't really contribute with quality discussion, and I tend to be rather shy at introducing myself to communities 'out of the blue', so to speak, rather than signing up for stuff like this. Should you accept me in this programme, I know I can become a contributor.

Username: DreamersRiddle
Pokemon Online Username: The Dreamer's Riddle
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-8 AKA PST, Starting from around 1 to 3 pm and ending somewhere around midnight to 3 am.
Tell us a little about yourself: I have been a Pokemon fan for as long as I can remember, since the RBY days. My very first game was Pokemon Blue, and I consider it to be one of my true gaming loves~ The only other thing I'm as fond of is Vocaloid, which takes two of my favorite things, anime and music, and blends them up into a combination of AWESOME.

YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE LESS THAN 25 POSTS.

I have been lurking around this site since last year with my friend SayneStone. I've been scrutinizing the tutoring program for a few rounds now. I'm sort of shy sometimes on the internet, so I don't post much. I was sort of hesitant in joining due to my lack of competitive battling knowledge. I have been very interested in competitive battling for a while. I will do my best to be a punctual and diligent student to maximize my benefit from this round (If chosen), and I will do my best on an honest evaluation for them.

Username: Juanca529
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Muay Thai/Nijja
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: -8 all day
Tell us a little about yourself:im a mexican player that wants to be a better battler and get more into the smogon forums.i practice muay thai,jiu jitsu and sometimes boxing (bearly starting) and yeah :]...and i was wondering if someone could active my other account named Sektor since i dont like this one anymore....i got skype and msn :]
I DID NOT GET A TUTOR ON ROUND 57(i think),58,59 and 60
I HAVE LESS THAN 25 POST SINCE I NEED SOMEONE TO GET ME MORE INTO THE COMUNITY SINCE I HAVE PROBLEMS DOING IT D:

Username: ConveseBob
Pokemon Online Username: ConverseBob
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5 Mon-Thu= 9:30am-1:00pm Fri-Sat= 9:30am-noon, 1:00pm-4:00pm
What tier do you want to learn?: BW UU, doubles?
Tell us a little about yourself: I love Pokemon. I have been playing since 4th grade on my Blue version in the old brick Gameboy. I wanted to get back into it, and Smogon was the place that I found all of my nerdy fantasies come true. I joined the site almost a year ago and have been on the receiving end of the forums and the Smog for a long time. The trouble I have with battling is that no matter the tier, I can not seem to break the 1150 mark. I would really like to learn those little things I am missing to become more than average.
Post count: While my count is low, I have been reading and following the site for almost a year now, and have been frequently battling on the sim for just as long. The main reason I do not post more frequently is I feel I am not as qualified to make comments due to my limited knowledge of any particular metagame.

Username:Jets
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: alot of things
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: mostly after school which is 4:30 pm eastern time
What tier do you want to learn?: bw ou dpp ou bw ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: i missed the alst 4 rounds

nachos has agreed to tutor me

Username:Shadowkeep1
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:Shadowkeep1 or Shadowkeep12
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: after school which is around 6:00 pm Eastern time to around eleven and free all weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, BW UU, BW NU, and BW RU
Tell us a little about yourself. Well I'm really shy and careful and i've been playing pokemon for years but this is the first time i've played online. I excel at strategy and frequently use grass sweepers and defensive pokemon. I'm a high school senior with a 3.4 gpa and near graduation.
Post Count:I joined Smogon just so i could join the tutoring sessions but i intend to post more often

Double01

Hate it or love it the under dog's on top
Username: Double01
PO Username: Double01, Doubletest
Your Timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5, 6pm-10pm Est are usually the best times during the weekdays but much more flexible over the weekends.
What tier do you want to learn? BW OU, BW UU, BW Ubers those three tiers would be fine to learn but OU and UU interests me the most.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm 16 years old and living in Wisconsin. I've been playing pokemon since about July of 2011, so not very long. I consider myself a decent player who can make predictions and not a complete dummy. I've spent most of my time in the RU tier where I spend most of my time on IRC in the Rarelyused chat. I enjoy a very offensive playstyle but I want to expand that in making more balanced teams or even stall. If I'm not playing pokemon then I usually am doing something active such as playing basketball or football. I hope to get better as a player but also get better at building teams and the process people go through in making succesful teams.

Username:MrCookie
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:SirSpiketrap91
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:EST 3:00-8:00 usually
What tier do you want to learn?:BW Standard OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Im a freshmen in highschool, and have played pokemon competively for a couple of months now. I tend to be sarcastic sometimes, and am somewhat intelligent from what other people say.
Why I have less than 25 posts: Because I made this account mainly to sign up for stuff

Username: Wimazar
Pokemon Online Username: Wimazar
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +12 over the next week I have schoool holidays so I can be on most of the time within 9am-8pm. Otherwise 5-8pm on friday and the weekend
What tier do you want to learn?: A bit of everything would be nice been using OU teams but I am interested in Little Cup and NU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've only just started playing pokemon in the last month or so and am enjoying the experience so far, competitive pokemon has appealed to me because at heart I'm too lazy to spend hours to level one pokemon to level 100 which is why the battle sim has really appealed to me. I also play League of Legends which I noticed has its own thread, chess and am grinding my way through school
Why I have less than 25 posts: Along with lazy I'm also a bit shy when it comes to new things. I have been lurking the forums and getting new ideas for teams in RMT but other than that my knowledge is limited and I hope to change that with this program

Assigned to M Dragon

Username
: Light The Thunder
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Xx Light
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1 all day
What tier do you want to learn?: ADV
Tell us a little about yourself:im a Spanish player that wants to be a better battler and become a decent ADVer. I´m very active but my english suck, due to i would preffer a tutor from Spain or sud america. I use skype and msn.
EDIT: M Dragon agreeged tutor me

TROP

BAN DRUDDIGON. FIREWALL DRAGON DID NOTHING WRONG
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Username:TropiOUs
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:TropiOUs.,Gabe Newell,trop[insert filler here] and other random names.
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-6, Almost always online on the Smogon PO server.
What tier do you want to learn?:ADV OU or BW UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am mostly a BW NU player that wants to expands the number of tiers that I play. Also most of my opinions would qualify as trolling for being uncommon to heard and I like ponies.

Username: Paolo

Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:Paolo, Paolo Test

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Pacific 4-11 pm Weekdays all day weekends.

Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a high school student in my final year. I've been playing Pokemon competitively since DP but have started taking it more seriously when BW came out. I've had mixed success laddering but have yet to break 1400. My team building skills as well as early and *mid game planning are where I need to improve most.

Username: Saitsuofleaves
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Saitsuofleaves
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5 11AM-3AM every day except Thursday.
Tell us a little about yourself: Well, pretty much nothing special. My interest gets peaked by a lot of things, I'm normally a Fighting Game player, but Pokes always intrigued me. I figure I might as well take the time out to learn it, just to expand on new things.
Under 25 Posts: I'm an extremely quick study, open to pretty much any kind of criticism and teaching. I'm available at most times of the day. I have less that 25 posts since I'm trying to avoid speaking about things I don't truly have an understanding of yet, but I've lurked for a while to try and glean info on the game when I can. Way I see it is, hopefully I only have to be tutored and taught once, and then be left to my own devices and be able to develop and innovate myself, rather than latching on to steadfast team and set planning.

Username:SayneStone
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:Sayne Stone
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT -8, 2pm-2am
What tier do you want to learn?:BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself:Been playing pokemon ever since Crystal, only seriously considered playing competitively recently. My girlfriend DreamersRiddle referred me to Smogon later last year, and I've been building my team using the resources available here ever since. Once we both heard about the tutoring opportunity, we decided to jump on it. We're both very eager to learn from the best! :D
Reason for lack of posts:To be honest, I hadn't even realized there was a Smogon forum until I heard about the tutoring program... even then, I tend to lurk moar.

Lockeness

(e^(i╥))+1=0
Username: Lockeness

Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Lockeness

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-7 (West Coast), From 10:00pm to 12:00pm is best for IRC and PO, I will be available during those hours nearly every day. I'm also on Noon to 9:00pm depending on my schedule. I'm flexible time wise.

Tell us a little about yourself: I've played competitive Pokemon for several years now, and I recently started writing analyses for the site. I have a good grasp of basic strategy and mechanics, but I want to enhance my understanding of advanced Pokemon theory and teambuilding. I'm not a good teambuilder and I want to get better. My goal is to gain enough skill to effectively compete in one of Smogon's many tournaments. I am very teachable and enjoy learning.I enjoy writing, Calculus, and politics. I am also very well read, and knowledgeable on a variety of topics. I also enjoy biking and being outdoors. I am intelligent and affable. I get along well with others, and I love sharing what I know! If I improve enough in my battling skill I would love to be a B101 tutor someday!

Username: PapaBear236
Pokemon Online Username: PapaBear236
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EDT, 7:00PM to about 9:00PM.
What tier do you want to learn? BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I can be shy, except around my close friends, then I'm loud and exciting. I go to a middle school and play basketball, and am hoping to make the team next tryouts. I love pretty much any genre of video games, and I love SOAD and Disturbed.
Why I have less than 25 posts: I'm fairly new to Smogon and competitive battling, so I only post when I'm 110% positive I'm right about something, and even then I still sound unsure. Hopefully, after a good tutoring, I will become more wise and a more credible person when I give advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)