VGC '12 Northern California Regional - Pleasanton, CA - Won by Nickscor & AlphaOmega!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Checklist for tomorrow:

• Event Ticket
  • 3DS
  • Pokémon Black cartridge with Battle Box assigned
  • Charger
  • Crummy phone that I've had for almost 4 years now
  • Notepad so that I can write up a real warstory this time
  • Pencil
I'm planning to be there around 9:00 assuming that traffic doesn't screw me over. For any of you trying to find me, I'll probably wave a sign saying "Hello, my name is NICKSCOR" like an idiot. And I'm pretty short too, we're talking 5'3". Good luck to everyone playing tomorrow!

Just to let you all know, I'm not in masters and I'm actually in seniors. One thing that is surprising, I'm actually 6'2'' tall (pretty tall for a senior isn't it) and I'm only 14.

Check list:
1. notepad (my first warstory will be coming soon)
2. 3ds
3. charger
5. pokemon white and the battle box ready
6. pencil

If anyone wants to find me (just in case), I will be that tall senior.

Alright, so I started packing all my shit on Friday. Shofu, Joe, Cheese, and Sammie (which I did not know at the time) left some time on Friday. By the time I got home from school, they had arrived at the hotel in Pleasanton. Shofu got on skype and I asked him what they needed. He told me I should bring a small HD TV if I had one. I don’t own a small one (that’s not what she said lol fail joke is fail) but my sister has a 15’ TV, so I was considering taking that. I asked him if the Hotel didn’t have TVs with RCA cables, and he told me they did, but he needed an HD tv for his Hdpvr thing. At this point I realized why he needed an HD tv. He wanted to record us playing smash. I’m fine with playing Brawl on widescreen, but those of you who play competitive smash know that widescreen Melee does not work out at all, it fucks up your spacing and timing. Since I made a bet ($5 usd) with shofu that he and cheese teaming against me would not be able to overcome my pwr, I decided not to bring it. Basically, cheese and shofu would have 4 stocks a piece, for a total of 8, and I would have 4. While I was still confident in my ability to destroy both him and cheese at the same time, I wasn’t willing to risk my $5 on it. He also said I should bring my Wii cables, but then changed his mind.
I woke up the next day at about 5:45 am, ready for my epic 4 hour drive from Bakersfield to Pleasanton. I took HWY 5, and only had to gas up once, so my car made it to Pleasanton with about $30 worth of gas which is quite impressive since gas is about $4.50 a gallon. 4 cylinder ftw. Well, I got to the Tri Valley inn hotel at about 9:50 am. I didn’t know what hotel room the guys were in (pause) so I tried sending shofu a text. After about 5 min of waiting for a reply, I tried calling him. Still no reply. So now I was getting kind of upset. I tried to check into my room, but the dude told me check in wasn’t until 2 pm. Thankfully, the hotel wi-fi wasn’t password protected, so I busted out my laptop to fuck around on the internet like I always do. I got on skype and typed in our chat “these nigrs need to pick up the phone” or something along those lines and shofu saw the IM and let me know they were in room 123. I knocked on the door and Sammie tried opening the door furiously, except the door latch was still on, so that was a failure. Then they opened the door for me and I walked in the room to see that everyone except shofu were just barely waking up. There wasn’t shit to do. There was no room to move, and the internet was constantly fucking up. I tried going on PO for some last minute practice, but skarmbliss was down most of the time. I asked if we could play brawl, then shofu told me he’d forgotten his regular wii cables at home, so the HD cables wouldn’t work on the non HD tv. Shofu started playing some street fighter tekkin shit that looked like a bootleg version of marvel vs Capcom. I spent a couple hours going between watching shofu (no homo), and trying to get the fucking internet to connect.
After a while cheese started getting hungry, so we decided to go get something to eat. Cheese said he didn’t want McDonalds, so I asked where the fuck we were going to go so I could look it up on my GTS… wait. GPS lol you see what I did there (cool). Nobody said shit, so I just started my car and waited to them to leave so I could follow them. Then joe took off and I started following him, assuming they had a place in mind. After a good 10-15 minutes of cruising around a stop sign forced me 2 cars behind joe, then another stop sign made me lose him. I assumed they would wait for me, but they didn’t so I said fuck em and started driving down the road I was already on. After like 3 blocks, I saw a McDonalds so I stopped by and got some food.

By the time I got back to the hotel, it was past check in time, so I finally got to see what I paid for. Room 115 was supposed to be a suite and I paid a good 30$ more than joe did for their room. It was super nice compared to their room, so the $30 was worth it. The internet connection seemed to be better in my room, so everything was fine. They got back just as I was finished eating my Double Quarter pounder and McChicken.
Everyone came over to my room since there was more space, and their room was being cleaned. I got on that PO and we started talking about VGC shit. Shofu was going on about some quick guard team he was testing, but he was getting smashed on PO so I told him to use Levs team since he was more familiar with how to use it. Levs team is the same team he used at the Long Beach regionals, and the team Lev used to win the Georgia regionals in the fall with a record of 7-0. I’d been working on my team for about a year, although I didn’t put more than about 5 hours total into the damn thing. However, I was fairly familiar with how to use it, so I was comfortable with it. I smashed one of shofu’s test teams on PO, then Joe started wondering about his team. He was talking about how better players have solid rain team counters, so he started doubting his team also. He told me he might end up using Levs team again, and I said I didn’t really care since my team destroys levs team. Shofu heard me and asked to battle me again, and sure enough a 3-0 was mine, no hax, ez. He failed to pick out the biggest (and probably only) threat to my team, so my shit had a field day. At this point torn was on PO also, and he started finding battles using my team. He made my pokemon so he knew the exact sets, and I guess he liked it. Shofu went to stream in their room, and soon everyone followed him, while I stayed behind since I had shit to read for school.

Scoot finally showed up around 6 or so, and I decided to go meet him. These fat niggas were hungy again by that time. I’d jokingly said I was going to buy them pizza, and they told me to order some. Dominos’ had a large pizza deal, so I ordered 4 Large. Gr8 got to the hotel at like 7, and he brought an HD tv, so we could finally play brawl. I told them we should set up in my room since shofu had all his music recording garbage taking up all the space. So we set it up, and I was ready to destroy, except shofu fucked up again. Not only did he forget to bring his Regular wii cables, but he forgot to bring a power source for the wii. Scoot and shofu went to gamestop to buy some more so we could finally settle who was better at brawl. The pizza was delivered, but shofu and scoot hadn’t returned. I was about to eat, but then cheese started complaining like a little girl about not having any plates. Joe and I went to vons to get some plates, and cups for soda. Shofu arrived shortly with a look on his face like he’d just been robbed. He paid $40 for the wii cables, and yall know how it is. Poorfags gonna poor (jk). Then we started eating. Shofu and scoot went to record some music so I was stuck playing cheese till he got back. I played cheese in brawl, then in some naruto game. I got tired though, since it was already about 11:30 pm. I decided to try and sleep since I had a big day ahead of me tomorrow.
So I brushed and went to bed, closed the door to my room, and prepared to sleep. Cheese started playing naruto against gr8 and then it started… Every fucking time cheese got a hit in, he would yell “BITCH” at the top of his tiny little baby lungs. Needless to say, this prevented me from sleeping. I heard shofu come back in the room sometime later, it must have been at least 1 AM by then, and I heard him tell cheese to shut the fuck up.

I woke up at like 6 am. I set my alarm to like 7, but I was too excited and woke up early. Showered and went to pick up Mklachu. I picked her up at about 8:38, eight minutes later than agreed, which is a huge deal to me since I hate being late. So we went off to Pleasanton and I had a wonderful conversation with her on the way there.

The rest is fairly obvious, you saw most of it in the video and this is already way too fucking long. We got there at about 9:45 or so, which I thought was kind of late since registration was supposed to end at 10. I filled out my paperwork thing, and started waiting in line. That’s when we saw fizzy. It took fucking FOREVER for the battles to start, which pissed me off, and made me very nervous. I think first pairings were posted at around 1pm, a little earlier than the Long Beach VGC ended. Mklachu stayed watching our stuff while we battled, and I made my best effort to keep her from being bored, although I probably wasn’t doing a very good job. Eventually, I ended up with a record of 5-3, two of my losses came from absolute BS hax. My first loss was to a guy who knew me from youtube. He had a TR team with water spout jellicent that got annoying. In the end, I should have probably won, but he got a crit water spout on my scizor, which was about to kill his jellicent along with my scrafty’s crunch. His remaining pokemon was tyranitar, so I had that game in the bag if it wasn’t for that crit. My second loss was to a dude using Flinch hax togekiss. He killed my zapdos after 8 or so turns of paraflinch, but I was still about to win, except he pulled off a lucky double protect, which sealed my defeat. The third loss was against TC, the battle I uploaded. Shofu got 4th, losing only one battle. Torn did better than I did using my own team with a record of 6-2. Joe, gr8, sammie, and cheese also got 6-2, so I did the worst :[
After that, I took mklachu back, and headed home. I got home at like 11:30pm and that was probably one of, if not the best day of my life. Just saying.
tl;dr I suck.

HolyChipmunk

California's finest chodesmuggler
Leaving in about half an hour, see you all there!

I'll be the stereotypical asian with glasses and a bad haircut.

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Making great headway; left Ontario at 2:30 am and just passed Los Banos, gonna grab a bite to eat then head over to the fairgrounds. I'll be in a black LA Kings shirt (#14 Williams lol). See you all there!

lol this is so weird. I'm sitting at the first table and there's this annoying weeaboo chick talking about pokemon green. I'm the bored looking one in the burgundy sweater.

breh

強いだね
Sitting at the table third from the front; I have a grey sweayer, brown hair, and one of those tieable bags on my back. Made great time. Good luck, guys!

If anyone sees the old guy with the beard and the bell helicopter hat, that's me! Was talking worth kid kadabra for a bit, but the wireless fritzed out. Good luck all!

Well, I'm standing in line with a Reshiram shirt and red shorts that are comphy and easy to wear!

Also, did anyone see the Elesa cosplayer?

Dozz

Has anyone in this family ever seen a chicken?
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Okay, we're underway in Pleasanton, so I'll be posting the scores from that, over in the updates thread guys! Eyes peeled!

Dozz

Has anyone in this family ever seen a chicken?
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I've been informed that the username is Nickscor, so congrats to him, and Kaphotics has covered the final standings fairly well above! That's it for the day then. Phew.

EDIT: AlphaOmega takes seniors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)