Gen V Balanced Hackmons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imanalt

I'm the coolest girl you'll ever meet
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Take Wobbuffet. Remove moveset. Place moveset on Blissey. Or just do what I use and use Imposter Wobbuffet and Blissey as a healer wall (Leftovers, Ingrain, Wish, Aqua Ring, Draining Move, with Shadow Tag)
what does imposter wobb do better than imposter bliss? just run 2 blisseys...

what does imposter wobb do better than imposter bliss? just run 2 blisseys...
wobb isn't getting nuked by fighting moves nonstop. Maybe it is just me, but I have yet to use a single Imposter Blissey that hasn't been OHKO'd when Imposter is blocked.

Chansey has been a surprisngly useful pokemon, she can take Contrarian Draco Meteors without breaking a sweat (With Unaware it's a 4HKO at best and Psyshock barely 3HKOes) and stored powers, I've used both Unaware and Prankster and i've catched come Lugias that can't 2HKO after 3 Quiver Dances while I steel their boosts, this thing really counter special sweepers, also used a Prankster version with Cotton Guard that manages to make Slaking's ES a 3HKO (she can even live trough it at full health if you need time to BP)

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
So, trick shadow tag BP mons are complete arseholes.
Recently I've run stuff like:

Modest Giratina @ Air Mail
and whatever else

Hilariously, it prevents Trick from switching items and locks your opponent into Trick (if they are using Choice Scarf).

Yeah, it's a waste of an itemslot, but you can always run something like Magic Coat to replace Lum.

Here's a useful set to try:
Deoxys S (because I feel like it): @ leftovers
252 EV's in everything jolly nature
Taunt
Disable
Encore
Recover

how about this:
Deoxys S @ Leftovers
ability: prankster, 252 EV's in everything, timid
mean look
perish song
recover
taunt/wil o wisp

basically, anything with prankster, mean look, and perish song.

AfroThunderRule

*yawn* ez
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I wonder if this team is any decent? (and what can I do to improve it?)

Lugia @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Trick
- U-turn
- Toxic Spikes
- Stealth Rock

Picked this guy because imo no one expects Scarf Lugia, Jolly Lugia outspeeds leads Deoxys-S with Choice Scarf and while they usually go for Mold Breaker Spore or something they get tricked a Scarf and are stuck with Spore with nothing to do, I spam hazards (Toxic Spikes >>> this metagame imo) then U-Turn to GTFO with some damage.

Giratina @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Perish Song
- Rapid Spin
- Magic Coat
- Protect

First Perish Songer, picked this guy due to his bulk and such. Pretty obvious what I'm trying to do here, Perish Song then spam Protect (or Magic Coat depending on what they do.) Have a 50% chance of getting a double protect after the Perish Song, then after turn 1 I usually go to Lugia (if I'm trying to sac something) or to Arceus if I know I can live the incoming attack)

Slaking @ Lum Berry
Trait: Scrappy
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Hi Jump Kick
- ExtremeSpeed
- Leech Seed

The end game sweeper, I don't bring this guy out until I know the rest of my opposing team (impostor Blissey can sweep me with this guy x_x). With Scrappy and Extremespeed/HJK nothing can resist this guy, I think Giratina is OHKO after a +6 HJK. Leech Seed is for those pesky Shedinja who think they're safe. :s

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Magic Bounce
Timid Nature
- Shell Smash
- Stored Power
- Aura Sphere
- Healing Wish/Baton Pass (??? Help me with a move here?)

Need a Magic Bounce user with all the stuff that happens in this metagame. Also this is my wall-breaker in a way, I'm not really terrified with using Shell Smash early game since if Blissey comes in I can go to Groudon to revenge if needed. I kinda need a new move to use in my last spot, hardly use Healing Wish or Baton Pass.

Arceus @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Protect
- Perish Song
- Magic Coat

Second Perish Songer, if I switched in after Giratina killed something with Perish Song my opponent usually thinks then can come in to Arceus can spam boost safety. After I Trick them into one move I can then depending on the move Perish Song or switch to something else. So satisfying when you trick them while they're boosting and they can't do anything while they see the words "Perish Song". :s

Groudon @ Leftovers
Trait: Prankster
Jolly Nature
- Substitute/Taunt
- Nature Power
- Whirlwind
- Copycat

Prankster users, with hazards I feel it could be cool to use that Whirlwind/Copycat combo to inflict poison against the whole opposing team. Can devastate teams without a Magic Bounce user, faster priority, etc. Nature Power for a priority Earthquake. I might use Taunt over Substitute... I wonder if that's a good idea guys.

Sorry for the lack of descriptions.

In my experience, no one really uses abilities like magic guard magic bounce or prankster...

The prevalence of lun berries and hard hitters as well as anti-meta abilities like mold breaker makes these abilities undesirable.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
In my experience, no one really uses abilities like magic guard magic bounce or prankster...

The prevalence of lun berries and hard hitters as well as anti-meta abilities like mold breaker makes these abilities undesirable.
Magic Bounce and Prankster are both somewhat common. Mold Breaker is generally only seen on leads so its not as big of a deal. Lum Berries are a huge threat though, annoys me to no end.

considering berries being common, how effective would a unnerve statuser be, slaking becomes a lot less treathening after he's burned, and with acces to reliable recovery, and stuff like dragon tail I can see it working

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
That looks really promising as a method of dealing with teams that run Lum everything. To get the best mileage out of this you'd need to find something thats fast and can take an Extreme Speed from Slaking, maybe Lugia?

checklist for your team that you basically need

-unaware mon / blissey / prankster heart swap (you probably want two of these)
-slaking (at least 1)
-giratina (at least 1)
-mold breaker (could be anything from deoxys lead to a dialga)
-magic bounce (probably giratina)

My

checklist for your team that you basically need

-unaware mon / blissey / prankster heart swap (you probably want two of these)
-slaking (at least 1)
-giratina (at least 1)
-mold breaker (could be anything from deoxys lead to a dialga)
-magic bounce (probably giratina)
I actually dont use numbers 4 and 5 my complete team is
Problem ? (Jolteon) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Rapid Spin
- Substitute
- Toxic

Groudon @ Leftovers
Trait: Prankster
Jolly Nature
- Nature Power
- Heart Swap
- Baton Pass
- Magic Coat

Lugia @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
Impish Nature
- Cosmic Power
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Recover

Slaking @ Leftovers
Trait: Illusion
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- ExtremeSpeed
- Fire Punch
- Shadow Claw

Shedinja @ Lum Berry
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic

Giratina @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
Calm Nature
- Perish Song
- Substitute
- Recover
- Spore

to very high amount of success. So many of those do help, but others are not 100% needed. Plus an upside to king using Illusion instead of (Pure/Huge) Power is it blocks Bliss from stealing boosts and being in her weak form :) (and Perish Trapping Tina works like a bitch :pimp:)

Windwolf,
Run Psycho Shift over Toxic on Lugia
and Protect over Sub on Giratina.
If your only using Sub to Soak Attacks,Protect does that better.

Also, that Jolteon set is illegal in Balanced Hackmons, given that it's unkillable and all you can do is phaze it and keep nailing it with Stealth Rock on the switch-in.

Edit: Ninja'd...though Wonder Guard is technically legal on Shedinja.

Also, that Jolteon set is illegal in Balanced Hackmons, given that it's unkillable and all you can do is phaze it and keep nailing it with Stealth Rock on the switch-in.
Completely illegal. The only way it could kind of be legal is if it had another ability, one of its moves was replaced with Skill Swap/Role Play, and you used Skill Swap/Role Play on a Shedinja of your opponent's.

Any Electric-type with Wonder Guard and an Air Balloon is probably illegal, due to it not being weak to anything but Ground, and since it's on a Balloon, nothing can touch it, and it can proceed to fuck with your team.

AfroThunderRule

*yawn* ez
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Windwolf, I wonder why don't you just give 252 Evs in every stat for every Pokemon? Also your Lugia would like 252 Evs in SAtk for Ice Beam. <.<

on pokemons with no attacks, it would be better to have 0 EVs and IVs to reduce confusion damage and to decrease powersplit level.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
I have never seen, and unless someone intentintonaly puts tens of hours into trying to create the situation to disprove me, I doubt I ever will see either of those circumstances impacting the outcome of a match. That being said it doesn't hurt to do so.

That looks really promising as a method of dealing with teams that run Lum everything. To get the best mileage out of this you'd need to find something thats fast and can take an Extreme Speed from Slaking, maybe Lugia?
im pretty sure the lum berry-holding pokemon will be able to eat its berry once the tension user is off the field...

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
As of now you are correct, we're currently trying to see if this is how it works in game.

Edit: Ingame testing reveals you are correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)