Regirock @ Lum Berry
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
Careful Nature
- Recover
- Magic Coat
- Night Shade
- Whirlwind

But after it sets up sand, all it generally does is become Death Fodder.
Suggestions?

Random Sets

Shuckle @ Leftovers
Trait: Shadow Tag
Sassy Nature
- Ingrain
- Aqua Ring
- Acid Spray
- Bulldoze
This Shuckle isn't really meant to last the whole battle. More to force rage quits out of the people who don't know how to deal with it. 1 good water or fire attack and it is toast. Otherwise, it just keeps healing itself faster than they can damage it (even Toxic is rather slow).

Deoxys-S @ Red Card
Trait: No Guard
Mild Nature
- DynamicPunch
- Zap Cannon
- Hi Jump Kick
- Spore
One of your typical Deoxys builds. As previously mentioned, I love Red Card. If I outspeed my opponent, good chance of death. If it survives a hit from my opponent, they are forced to switch. Particularly love it against Contrary mons focusing first on DEF, SPD, and Speed.

Rayquaza @ Flying Gem
Trait: Imposter
Brave Nature
- Recover
- Spacial Rend
- ExtremeSpeed
- Acrobatics
For the most part here, just toying around with Imposter. I have found that when my opponent manages to block my Imposter Blissey, I usually die in 1 hit. Trying out something a little faster that also packs a little more oomph.

Blaziken @ Big Root
Trait: Prankster
Sassy Nature
- Trick
- Spore
- Haze
- Nightmare
No one expects Blaziken anymore. Meant to give the opponent a crappy and pointless item. Spore is Spore and you know why it is included. Nightmare for surprise damage. Haze to screw with boosted Sweepers.

Dialga @ Shell Bell
Modest Nature
- Spacial Rend
- Quiver Dance
- Aqua Jet
- Spore
Immune to damage from Sand Stream. Used to have Substitute on it, but found that Spacial Rend was running out of PP too quickly to make any real use of it. So, I added Aqua Jet. Mostly if my opponent is running something that benefits from Sand Stream.

Pikachu @ Light Ball
Trait: Drizzle
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunder
- Psychic
- Draco Meteor
No one expects Drizzle Pikachu!

Jolteon @ Chesto Berry
Trait: Swift Swim
Rash Nature
- Ice Beam
- ExtremeSpeed
- Hurricane
- Recover
Quite pleasant with Rain. I know I should probably give him Thunder instead of ExtremeSpeed for the STAB, but I felt that he needed an attack with Priority.

No, this is not 1 team. Just a few unique ones out of 3 of my teams.

Windwolf, I wonder why don't you just give 252 Evs in every stat for every Pokemon? Also your Lugia would like 252 Evs in SAtk for Ice Beam. <.<
My mistake. I forgot to say this is my pure hm. And I honestly had reasons, but I forgot why. You're right though. On jolt, lugia, along others I'll change. But how does it look from a pure hm stand point ?
EDIT:I prefer sub because imposter bliss and the off chance for gastro acid/worry seed

ElectivireRocks

Banned deucer.
Shuckle @ Hydration
EVs: 252 HP / 0 Atk / 252 Def or SpDef / 0 SAtk / 0 Spd
Relaxed/Sassy
- Rest
- Trick Room
- U-Turn
- Spore/Encore/Magic Coat/Haze

Ultimate Trick Room support user for Rain teams. Very straightforward use.
U-Turn is there to absorb priority attacks so your Trick Room sweeper can come in unschated. Very useful if you predict a Prankster Taunt user.
The last move is mostly filler, just pick whichever helps your team the most.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Why does it have two abilities? And why Hydration and Sand Stream, two abilities that contradict each other?

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Random Sets

Shuckle @ Leftovers
Sassy Nature
- Ingrain
- Aqua Ring
- Acid Spray
- Bulldoze
This Shuckle isn't really meant to last the whole battle. More to force rage quits out of the people who don't know how to deal with it. 1 good water or fire attack and it is toast. Otherwise, it just keeps healing itself faster than they can damage it (even Toxic is rather slow).

Deoxys-S @ Red Card
Trait: No Guard
Mild Nature
- DynamicPunch
- Zap Cannon
- Hi Jump Kick
- Spore
One of your typical Deoxys builds. As previously mentioned, I love Red Card. If I outspeed my opponent, good chance of death. If it survives a hit from my opponent, they are forced to switch. Particularly love it against Contrary mons focusing first on DEF, SPD, and Speed.

Rayquaza @ Flying Gem
Brave Nature
- Recover
- Spacial Rend
- ExtremeSpeed
- Acrobatics
For the most part here, just toying around with Imposter. I have found that when my opponent manages to block my Imposter Blissey, I usually die in 1 hit. Trying out something a little faster that also packs a little more oomph.

Blaziken @ Big Root
Sassy Nature
- Trick
- Spore
- Haze
- Nightmare
No one expects Blaziken anymore. Meant to give the opponent a crappy and pointless item. Spore is Spore and you know why it is included. Nightmare for surprise damage. Haze to screw with boosted Sweepers.

Dialga @ Shell Bell
Modest Nature
- Spacial Rend
- Quiver Dance
- Aqua Jet
- Spore
Immune to damage from Sand Stream. Used to have Substitute on it, but found that Spacial Rend was running out of PP too quickly to make any real use of it. So, I added Aqua Jet. Mostly if my opponent is running something that benefits from Sand Stream.

Pikachu @ Light Ball
Trait: Drizzle
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunder
- Psychic
- Draco Meteor
No one expects Drizzle Pikachu!

Jolteon @ Chesto Berry
Trait: Swift Swim
Rash Nature
- Ice Beam
- ExtremeSpeed
- Hurricane
- Recover
Quite pleasant with Rain. I know I should probably give him Thunder instead of ExtremeSpeed for the STAB, but I felt that he needed an attack with Priority.

No, this is not 1 team. Just a few unique ones out of 3 of my teams.
Jolteon's Atk is shit, don't run ExtremeSpeed. Run Hurricane on Pikachu over Psychic for better overall coverage. Explain to me the Shell Bell, and explain to me Sand Stream on Dialga. Have Blaziken hold like a Potion that is truly useless. Or even a Lucky Egg.

Jolteon's Atk is shit, don't run ExtremeSpeed.
What priority move should I run on Jolteon then?

Explain to me the Shell Bell, and explain to me Sand Stream on Dialga.
The point with Dialga is to have it fully boosted ATK wise. I have found that I am not screwed over using the Shell Bell over Leftovers. Should I be hit with Trick, the opponent's monster better be capable of dealing damage to make any use of it. Meanwhile, Dialga will probably be able to inflict heavy amounts of damage, resulting in more health being regained than with Leftovers.

The Sand Stream is there for when it encounters pokemon it cannot easily damage. It is immune to the damage from it. Sturdy Shedinja behind a substitute with Protect, Detect, and Magic Coat is not. I am not talking only about Sturdy Shedinja, though.

Have Blaziken hold like a Potion that is truly useless.
I looked. Potion isn't an option in the items.

Or even a Lucky Egg.
Neither is this.

But I will switch to an Armor Fossil.

I wonder how a Zen Mode Blissey would work... Not terribly concerned if it's viable, but I'm curious how the mechanics would work.

I wonder how a Zen Mode Blissey would work... Not terribly concerned if it's viable, but I'm curious how the mechanics would work.
I reckon she'll just transform into a Zen Mode Darmanitan..
Or the game crashes.

Someone should try this, though.

Like Forecast, Zen Mode only works on Darmanitan and has no effect on other Pokemon. You can test it out in-game using Skill Swap/Role Play/Trace/Entrainment.

I just had my first of these battles, can't find to seem many battles with only 5 people searching for a battle in different tiers at the same time haha. I must say this deoxys-a set worked reeally well, don't know if it's popular or not:

Deoxys-A @ focus sash/Life Orb/White Herb
Ability: Simple
Nature: +Atk, -Spe (forget what it's called)
252All Stats (lol)
-Shell Smash
-Extremespeed
-Psystrike
-Aura Sphere
Pretty simple concept, use Shell Smash to get +4 in Sp. Attack and Attack, and pick your move.

I also thought of a set which, on the right pokemon, could have HUGE potential. I chose a Palkia because lolIcandowhateverIwantinthistier.

Palkia@Life Orb/Lefties
Nature: Contrary
252 All stats
-Draco Meteor
-V-Create
-Leaf Storm
-Superpower
Once again, not sure if Palkia is the best candidate for a set like this, but I thought, "Why the hell not?". Basically, you raise your Sp.Atk with Draco Meteor and Leaf Storm, boost your defenses and speed with V-Create, and Superpower buffs your attack.

I just had my first of these battles, can't find to seem many battles with only 5 people searching for a battle in different tiers at the same time haha. I must say this deoxys-a set worked reeally well, don't know if it's popular or not:

252All Stats (lol)
-Shell Smash
-Extremespeed
-Psystrike
-Aura Sphere
Pretty simple concept, use Shell Smash to get +4 in Sp. Attack and Attack, and pick your move.

I also thought of a set which, on the right pokemon, could have HUGE potential. I chose a Palkia because lolIcandowhateverIwantinthistier.

Palkia@Life Orb/Lefties
Nature: Contrary
252 All stats
-Draco Meteor
-V-Create
-Leaf Storm
-Superpower
Once again, not sure if Palkia is the best candidate for a set like this, but I thought, "Why the hell not?". Basically, you raise your Sp.Atk with Draco Meteor and Leaf Storm, boost your defenses and speed with V-Create, and Superpower buffs your attack.
Resh is better,

-D Meteor
-V-Create
-Overheat
-Superpower

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus

252All Stats (lol)
-Shell Smash
-Extremespeed
-Psystrike
-Aura Sphere
You don't want to run Deoxys-A in Balanced Hackmons. Sure its strong, but Slaking is the number one biggest threat and it will kill you with priority Extremespeed. I'm not a fan of special attackers personally, but if you want to run one, Jirachi/Lugia is the way to go.

Jirachi/Lugia @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Coat
Nature: +Spe, -Atk (Timid)
252 all
-Shell Smash
-Substitute
-Stored Power
-Filler

After one or two Shell Smashs Stored Power will put you in a position to sweep. Substitute is to block Imposter Blissey from stealing your boosts and the last space can be dedicated to fit your teams needs specifically.

Delibird is shockingly good in BH. By this, I mean it survived a Sunny Day boosted Fire attack. Not sure how.

Entei would be a good counter for those worried about HP/PP Slakings. Dealt with an X2ATK ExtremeSpeed and survived. Won't survive a X4 ExtremeSpeed, but most don't anyways.

Snorlax is a nice choice for Contrary. Your real concerns with Contrary mons are getting switched and lack of DEF/SPD. Snorlax has the HP and SPD to go a few turns. If you Baton Pass Ingrain onto it, I reckon you have a well built sweeper. Only real problem with Contrary Snorlax is that it is weak to a common Contrary move. If you put it on Snorlax and your opponent is running a Choiced Imposter, you are screwed.

You don't want to run Deoxys-A in Balanced Hackmons. Sure its strong, but Slaking is the number one biggest threat and it will kill you with priority Extremespeed.
How will Slaking hit me if I already have a Shell Smash going for me? I mainly just spam Extremespeed with this poke anyhow, seems to get the job done.

AfroThunderRule

*yawn* ez
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Some Slaking have Fake Out, also Slaking is ridiculously bulky. Don't have the calc with me but I'm sure it can live a +4 Extremespeed from Deoxys-A easy.

Edit: +4 Deoxys-A Extremespeed with Life Orb vs Slaking: 1512 Atk vs 299 Def & 504 HP (80 Base Power): 376 - 443 (74.60% - 87.90%)

without Life Orb; 1512 Atk vs 299 Def & 504 HP (80 Base Power): 289 - 341 (57.34% - 67.66%)

Slaking lives easily.

Also Slaking's +0 Extremespeed against a Deoxys-A

460 Atk vs 139 Def & 304 HP (80 Base Power): 285 - 336 (93.75% - 110.53%)

Fake Out at -1 Deoxys-A will do the same damage.

Problem ? (Jolteon) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Rapid Spin
- Substitute
- Toxic

Da Don (Groudon) @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Nature Power
- Heart Swap
- Baton Pass
- Magic Coat

Mother---- (Lugia) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
Bold Nature
- Cosmic Power
- Ice Beam
- Psycho Shift
- Recover

King Me (Slaking) @ Leftovers
Trait: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- ExtremeSpeed
- Toxic
- Shadow Sneak

Me, A Troll ? (Shedinja) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Magic Coat
- Toxic

Perish... (Giratina) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
Calm Nature
- Perish Song
- Protect
- Recover
- Spore

Took some advice and new team after the changes. How does it look now ?
And also, since boosting is so common in the metagame, how viable would unaware be ?

canno

formerly The Reptile
^ Wonder Guard is banned on anything not named Shedinja iirc

Hey guys, can I get some advice on my Hackmon team? There aren't enough people on the ladder to test it out correctly, but it has worked the times that I have played.

Deoxys-S @ Lum Berry
Trait: Truant
Jolly Nature
- Skill Swap
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- U-turn

I <3 this guy. imo, this is the perfect anti-lead. Skill Swap + Truant is very unpredictable, and is fun as hell to do. Not only does it cripple the pokemon, it can sometimes give me hazards. For example, if the opponent has Magic Bounce pokemon and wants to SR, I just Skill Swap it Truant and bounce the hazards back. U-Turn is great, as it is a perfect tool to scout the enemy. Also, a glitch that is on the server right now, but a Skill Swap mon will show the ability it stole if you switched it out, which is great, as it lets me know what ability the enemy has. This thing even works outside of leading, as I can come in on many pokemon and fuck them over. If I can switch and trap with Rayquaza, it's usually gg. Or, at least in theory. This hasn't been working that well a lot of the time because I have to use Sub over Protect on Rayquaza. Oh well. :(

Bronzong @ Rocky Helmet
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef
Relaxed Nature
- Recover
- Protect
- Gyro Ball
- Sacred Fire

This is what I use to attempt to check Slaking. Recover is recover, Protect lets me scout and fuck over Copy Cat + Whirlwind. Gyro Ball is my best STAB. Psycho Shift is just in case I get a burn to switch onto something. Sacred Fire because 50% burn is pro. Will-o-Wisp might be better, 75% > 50%

Lugia @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
Bold Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Aeroblast
- Recover
- Aura Sphere

Toxic Heal is amazing. It acts as Leftovers AND Lum Berry (if I can get it to activate). Quiver Dance is to start setting up. Aeroblast is STAB. Recover because Lugia is a bulky motherfucker (and is pretty fast). Aura Sphere is filler, but Flying / Fighting gets pretty good coverage.

Rayquaza @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Recover
- Dragon Pulse
- Quiver Dance
- Substitute

I wish Imposter Blissey didn't exist. Then this thing would be OP to hell. This is a similar set to Lugia, except with Dragon Pulse over Aeroblast and Sub over Aura Sphere. The plan is to switch into the opponent when they have Truant, and Sub/Set-up accordingly until I am at +6. Unfortunantly, this doesn't always happen, since Sub is not the best for this strategy. I would run Protect, but then Blissey can come in on my Rayquaza and fuck my shit. Might try Sub and Protect with Quiver Dance and Dragon Pulse so Blissey doesn't fuck me, what do you guys think?

Blissey @ Choice Scarf
Naive Nature
- Perish Song
- Recover
- Final Gambit
- Spore

Imposter Blissey is Imposter. Best revenge kill in the tier. In the case I am not pretending to be something, I use Perish Song (since it only happens when there is a sub). Other moves are pretty much filler.

Slaking @ Choice Band
Trait: Scrappy
Naughty Nature
- ExtremeSpeed
- Hi Jump Kick
- Trick
- U-turn

The power in this is amazing. I can here you say, why not run Huge Power Slaking instead? Because FUCK GIRATINA, that's why. Making me run Ghost / Dark moves. Fuck you, bro. :|
Seriously though, it's mainly to leave 2 open spots to use. U-Turn is powerful even if it's weak and lets me scout. Trick is to cripple something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)