VGC '12 United States National - Indianapolis - WON by Cybertron and Wolfey

Status
Not open for further replies.
With all of the discussions about suits here I decided that I'm going to bring my birthday suit to Indy!

Should I wear it at the swiss rounds or top cut?

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
When you're in a suit, looking so fly that you can barely keep your feet on the ground, Championships are the last thing on your mind.

Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:

Exhibit C:

There was suppose to be a pokemon beside me, he took one look at me and just returned to his pokeball. You'd have to be Blaziken in a 3 piece suit to be able to match what i had going on.

I want to buy a new suit this year. If i can buy it before nationals, then prepare for trouble.

Or maybe i'll just rock some fitted Dress shirts all weekend.

Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:

Exhibit C:

friday, saturday, sunday

all those with some Shades to cover my eyes.

mmmmmmmmmm, delicious
Ninahaza I know where those shirts are from, and they are absolutely terrible. Unless you are a relatively skinny asian man with lean muscles, please do not attempt to wear these shirts (plus they're terrible quality also, seriously, take it from me who's had friends, and who himself has ordered from these companies before). Honestly, to look the best in dress clothes, you absolutely need to get them tailored. It bothers me like hell when people can drop hundreds on suits and never get them properly fitted (or even buy their sizes for that matter).

But most of us obviously don't have the amount of money needed to buy shirts, pants and jackets that we only wear three or four times a year, so my best advice is to buy a decent dress shirt (either from a thrift store, or on sale at a decent store) and get it tailored. Tailoring shirts and pants should cost less than 20-30 dollar each (more than that and you're probably getting ripped). Same with the pants. Tailoring jackets is a lot more expensive however (adjusting lengths of sleeves starts about 30 dollars here and can get pricier).

It seems I have drifted off topic here.

Dozz

Has anyone in this family ever seen a chicken?
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
With all of the discussions about suits here I decided that I'm going to bring my birthday suit to Indy!

Should I wear it at the swiss rounds or top cut?
I hope we don't clash, that would look awful. I think it's probably better used for the swiss rounds though. It's going to be a long day, and comfort is at a premium, so it's probably worth it.

Im going to go out on a limb and make a bold prediction: Judging by the popularity of VGC this year and the fact that Nationals is open entry, I think we will see the first ever field of more than 1000 players at a VGC tournament in the Masters Division.

It's honestly going to be very interesting to see, I'm personally curious about the Junior / Senior numbers seeing how they've been significantly lower from all past Regionals in '09, '10, and '11. I'd like to at least break 256 in both Juniors and Seniors though, and 512 for Masters.

Ninahaza

You'll always be a part of me
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
aww Eraddd, can i at least get the black one just for the sake of owning one?

also i've been thinking about getting a few of my shirts tailored. hmmmm, lets talk fashion whenever i get back on IRC ok?

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
It's honestly going to be very interesting to see, I'm personally curious about the Junior / Senior numbers seeing how they've been significantly lower from all past Regionals in '09, '10, and '11. I'd like to at least break 256 in both Juniors and Seniors though, and 512 for Masters.
My hypotheses for the drop in attendance:

a) the dedicated have outgrown their age groups and are now competing as Seniors/Masters

b) it's been a year since a new game has been released, so most casuals have put down their games after the new release hype as opposed to previous spring regionals taking place a month or two after the release of a new game

c) possible interested players not going due to lack of advertising, inconvenient time/location/event, etc.

d) attendance numbers being split due to more frequent regionals and more locations, so true attendance numbers probably have not dropped but are just far less concentrated

(b) and (d) have impacted attendance the most across all divisions I think.

Sounds fun! On topic, I can bring Wii and cream you all in Brawl!
Or I could just bring my 3DS and beat some of you in Pokemon. xD

I do like the idea though, playing other games when not in the convention center playing Mons...

Edit: If we plan to do something like that, we'll need to arrange a place to play. I really like this idea.

I plan on bringing my Gamecube, along with Kirby Air Ride, Mario Kart, and some Sonic games. If anyone has any requests for games I would be happy to bring them(if I have them).

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
i'm down to play brawl and then quit after a few matches when actual technical fans kick my ass

The closest thing I have to a Multiplayer game is Metroid Prime 2: Echoes xD

I don't have Brawl, so all I do is button mash and hope I don't fucking fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)