Pokemon Nationals Shenanigans: A thread of joyous daydreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
The battle modes, namely balloon battle, were at their best on the normal DS one. Bob-Omb battle is amazing on the Gamecube, if somebody is bringing a Wii I can bring my Double Dash.

Another suggestion. I'm thinking outside the box here, it's in this thread and actually Pokemon related(whoa)! Multi battles! Could be semi-useful practice, and are just generally fun.

Dimsun

VGC 2012 Seniors Champion
The battle modes, namely balloon battle, were at their best on the normal DS one. Bob-Omb battle is amazing on the Gamecube, if somebody is bringing a Wii I can bring my Double Dash.

Another suggestion. I'm thinking outside the box here, it's in this thread and actually Pokemon related(whoa)! Multi battles! Could be semi-useful practice, and are just generally fun.
Definitely have some sort of multi-battle competition! It would be so much fun.

Nationals Playlist!

So Crow and I were just like "we should make a music playlist for nationals!" and then this happened. It's just a collaboration of a ton of songs that have some sort of relevance and are awesome at the same time. Enjoy!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THE POKEMON MIX

1 The Final Countdown - Europe This should be so self-explanatory...every event had this last year, and it made your spine tingle and the hype for the start of the tournament. (both)
2 Eye of the Tiger - Survivor Also self-explanatory. I heard this at both regs and nats, and it fit the event, especially right after The Final Countdown. (both)
3 Pokerap - Pokemon Gotta have some more Pokemon music, so threw in the original Pokerap. (Crow)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THE INSPIRATIONAL MIX

4 Legend - Almost Kings Such a good rapcore song, plus it's a major energy booster. This would probably fit better if there were legendaries, but it definitely works as it is. (me)
5 A Cut Above - Avery Watts I listened to this nonstop before Madison regionals, and it just kept me on track for the goal I wanted- first: A cut above the rest. (me)
6 Conquer Them All - Lansdowne The definition of a 9+ round tournament. Gotta catch em all...but even moreso, gotta conquer em all. (me)
7 Just Run - Digital Summer More of a taunting song than anything...and I HAD to include something from my favorite band. Take my advice and JUST RUN. (me)
8 Make a Move - Icons for Hire Another somewhat taunting song, but this fits really well also with battles. You want to be one step ahead of your opponent. (Crow)

THE CHILLIN' MIX

9 Sunset Blow - Your Favorite Enemies Listened to this soooo much during Madison regionals. Was just relaxing and listening to this so much. The lyrics also go along with just hangin' with friends. (me)
10 Make a Sound - Autopilot Off One of the best songs ever IMO. It's so much of a nats song, even though it really has no relevance to anything Pokemon...unless you're running a rain team. (me)
11 By the Way - Hedged Another hangin' out song. Really good, original song, mixing it up from the somewhat-common riffs in the previous songs. (me)
12 Paralyzer - Finger Eleven Heh another pun. Thunder wave. Paralyzer. >_> but regardless this is a good song to chill to. (Crow)

THE AMAZING MIX

13 Runaway - Hail the Villain Kind of like the Digital Summer song, but this is a comic book band, and it just kind of fits the occasion. (me)
14 Invaders Must Die - The Prodigy ...just listen. (both)
15 Metal Harbor - Sonic Adventure 2 Yeah yeah it's not Nintendo, wah wah, it's still a great song. Another 'fitting the occasion' song. (Crow)
16 Swagger - Flogging Molly Dual meaning song...either the move swagger, or just flat out having swag. Plus Celtic punk never goes wrong. (Crow)

THE 'WTF IS THIS' MIX

17 Drink & Fight - Mudmen "THIS IS TOTALLY A NATS SONG" is all I heard, it's absolutely hilarious, so whatever I put it on here since it's just worth listening to XD (me)
18 Threshold - Sex Bob-Omb Scott Pilgrim vs the World soundtrack...Crow's favorite song, and it's a great pre-battle song. (Crow)
19 Have Sweet Rave Party - Homestuck Trolls Had to throw in some Homestuck trolls at the end of course. Not as good as the following song but having a sweet rave party is always fantastic. (Crow)
20 Combination Pizza Hut and Taco Bell - Homestuck Trolls THEME OF NATIONALS. Redoing rap songs to sound so much more amazing? Win. Catchy, homestuck, food...that is all. (Crow)

I'll probably have the songs on my iPod to play at the hotel, just 'cause. If anyone else has any ideas of stuff that belongs on this list feel free to post...however I don't want too many more. Try to fit it into one of the four categories, too.

5 weeks to nats, GET PUMPED!

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
haha, this is a cute idea. i usually make playlists for special occasions like this, too - i remember making a playlist on the plane to seattle that i listened to repeatedly. for me, it's more about the rhythm and beat of a song rather than the actual lyrics or "message" from the song i suppose. just that gut feeling to keep me pumped up and focused, and get all zen and shit.

i should start making a super playlist for nationals, i'll post it once i get some ideas! (if you don't mind other people posting their own personal playlists ;) )

Dozz

Has anyone in this family ever seen a chicken?
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Alright. A couple of things I think we ought to clear up...

1. Kinderlew, you have a problem. A serious 1D addiction. This mancrush has gone a shade too far, and I hope you can stop seeing them everywhere you look, accusing people of looking like them and clear this up by Nationals
  2. ZachDro, there are much better Prodigy songs! I can't recommend some of the older stuff enough! Though that album isn't too shabby.
I like the idea of a playlist though. I'm personally a fan of having one that has a lot of energy, to keep me going through the events. We've not been allowed headphones in EU, so I've not got to listen to any of them, apart from when travelling :(

gec

pharos
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
User: Gonkhauled made a superb playlist for England VGC with some very good songs. It got him so pumped for his excellent performance, it was incredible. You should ask him to post it here imo.

Alright. A couple of things I think we ought to clear up...

1. Kinderlew, you have a problem. A serious 1D addiction. This mancrush has gone a shade too far, and I hope you can stop seeing them everywhere you look, accusing people of looking like them and clear this up by Nationals
  2. ZachDro, there are much better Prodigy songs! I can't recommend some of the older stuff enough! Though that album isn't too shabby.
I like the idea of a playlist though. I'm personally a fan of having one that has a lot of energy, to keep me going through the events. We've not been allowed headphones in EU, so I've not got to listen to any of them, apart from when travelling :(
Lolol boy bands.

And ik, I love the prodigy, but that song just fit so well. Feel free to swing a song or two my way for the list though, you're from their native country and probably listen to them more anyways.

Giant enemy crab idk why but that post reminded me of this (on phone can't hyperlink into words :()
http://www.theonion.com/video/report-most-college-males-admit-to-regularly-getti,14386/
But yea get that guy to share that story Xd

And sorry for wrong topic, it was 5am and I was tired and stuff.

Ha my taste in music is debatable, I tend not to be too into classics, just some modern stuff that is not rap. No, but really, 1 Direction sucks on scales that cannot even be believed.

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
So, who else is arriving on the 28th? Or...will I be wandering the streets of Indianapolis for the night until everyone arrives the next day?

ATTN: People interested in playing Pokemon Stadium

I recently decided to reclaim my childhood and purchased an N64 and both Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2. If you would be interested in playing either game (or, more likely, the minigames contained within), I would be glad to bring them. However, I only have one (1) controller. Thus other people would need to combine to bring a total of three (3) Nintendo 64 controllers if they want to play.

ATTN: People interested in playing Pokemon Stadium

I recently decided to reclaim my childhood and purchased an N64 and both Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2. If you would be interested in playing either game (or, more likely, the minigames contained within), I would be glad to bring them. However, I only have one (1) controller. Thus other people would need to combine to bring a total of three (3) Nintendo 64 controllers if they want to play.
I have two controllers, might bring them...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)