Apprentice Program: Round Sixty Two

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username: Whisp3rinG EyE
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Whisp3rinG EyE
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, free almost anytime
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I like music, and when it comes to games I like RPGs and RTS's, and I know a good bit about pokemon but could still use some help to get better.

Username: ScoobyDoom
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: ScoobyDoom
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Anytime available since its summer. EST
Tell us a little about yourself: Im new to the competitive pokemon scene. My brother introduced me to competitive battling and I havent looked back. Im an avid reader and I am known for my tenacity when trying to learn new things. Though I maybe new to the competitive scene I feel that I can learn quickly enough to be able to hold my own against avid battlers.

Reasons for posts below 25: With exam time coming upon me, I have had limited time to post on smogon. However, with summer approaching quickly I will have more time dedicated to being tutored by the best pokemon players. My hope is that I can become good enough skill wise to become great teambuilders and battlers like Stone_Cold, Bloo, and Ojama just to name a few. I think that with this opportunity I can reach my goal of becoming sustainable at this game. Thank you for at least considering me for a role as a tutee.

Username: Corvus
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Corvus
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -8, I'm available from 4 PM - 8 PM mostly everyday.
What tier do you want to learn?: Wifi OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Well, I've been playing Pokemon since I was 5. I've loved it ever since and I have dived into competitive battling a while ago. My peak has been 1390 on Beta with a non weather Hyper Offense team, and I would like to be able to reach higher rankings, so here I am. =o

Username: FastFlygon
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: FastFlygon, TestFlygon
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT, usually all day most of the time since I'm off school for summer but I still have a few exams left.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW UU, BW NU, possibly BW OU
I feel like I have pretty good knowledge of UU, I just need a little push towards being really solid. I know very little of NU but I always wanted to learn it. I feel like my main weaknesses lie in the way I play rather than my teambuilding and I'd like some tips on ladder technique since my last tutor wasn't really a ladderer. I know BW OU fairly well but every time I try to be creative my team generally sucks so I'd like tips on that.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm 16, finishing up my GSCEs and going into sixth form in september. I enjoy a wide range of PC Games, but I always had a soft spot for Pokemon, which has only grown stronger since I discovered the competitive aspect. I improved a lot when I was tutored by Espyjoel last year but I still feel like I'm not as good as I could be. Aside from videegames I like hanging around with friends and I'm interested in Politics, Creative Writing and Programming.

Username: Fiction.
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: fiction and many others
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+2 (DST), on a fair bit, depends on the day.
What tier do you want to learn?: ADV OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm an 18 year old student living in France. In my free time, I like to hang out with my friends, and play music. I want to learn ADV OU to have even a small chance of doing well for next Smogon Tour, as well as the fact that it just looks like a fun metagame to explore.

Username: askjeevs
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Jeevs
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, Available usually 12pm-4pm, 7pm-2am
What tier do you want to learn?: 5th Gen OU, 4th Gen OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Hi my name is Jeevs. I'm an econ major in University. I was recommended by SC22 and LighTz911 to try the apprenticeship program and better myself.
Why I would like to be tutored because I have less than 25 posts: I would like to be tutored because I've tried competitively battling recently, and frankly I suck. I've been trying to be more involved in the smogon community, however often refrain from posting usually from being too Intimidated by the rest of community and my lack of knowledge of the metagame. (too many Gyarados on the forums for this poor Magikarp to thrive :( )

If possible could i request either Alice or Windsong?

Username: Thatsmylatios
Pokemon Online Username: ThatsMyLatios,EthanBC
Timezone: GMT+1
Available: Everyday from 8pm except Thursday and Friday
What tier do you want to learn: BW UBERS
Tell us a little about yourself: I am almost 16 years old, im Welsh and I enjoy playing pokemon at home as I feel it is a very competitive game. I can play all 5th gen tiers well enough except ubers and LC, and seeing as LC doesnt interest me in the slightest I would like to become good at Ubers. I am very easy to get along with.

Username: Thundur
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Thundur
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 10 am - 11 pm EST on weekends and after June 8th (when my school gets out)
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a 17 year old high school student. I enjoy playing football, american football, basketball, video games, (especially Valve games) and of course, Pokemon. I would like to expand my knowledge on the game of Pokemon, which is why I am signing up. Oh, and yes, I know it is spelled thunder.

Requesting Bloo. If he is not available, Scimjara.

* Username: *OtakuAthleteGamer
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: * * * * OtakuAthleteGamer
* * *What tier do you want to learn: BW OU
* * *Tell us a little about yourself: I have just recently got interested in the online gaming of Pokemon and want to improve. Also, I love sports, anime, manga, and video games.
* * Why I should be tutored: I have less than 25 posts because I usually am reading about team building and move sets, but I do not post because I do not know enough to be a reliable source, but after discovering the tutoring forum, I feel I can learn and be able to post often. I have only started online recently and really need a tutor to help with synergy an team building before I start posting. Thanks.

Username: Basti
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Free Candy, Basti, Tyrone
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1 (Germany) I'm usually available from 4-12pm and pretty much all day on weekends.
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing pokemon for about 3 years now. I consider myself to be a pretty good battler, but I need improvement in some points, manly team building.

Username: Razza
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Razza/ Barney Stinson
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1 (UK )
Tell us a little about yourself: I wanna learn some Teambuilding skills, as using other peoples teams gets a bit boring.

Delko said he would tutor me X)

Username: Saitsuofleaves
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Saitsuofleaves
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5 11AM-3AM every day
Tell us a little about yourself: Well, pretty much nothing special. My interest gets peaked by a lot of things, I'm normally a Fighting Game player, but Pokes always intrigued me. I figure I might as well take the time out to learn it, just to expand on new things.

Username: Paolo
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Paolo, Paolo Test
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Pacific 4-11 pm Weekdays all day weekends*
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a high school student in my final year. I've been playing Pokemon competitively since DP but have started taking it more seriously when BW came out. I've had mixed success laddering but have yet to break 1400. My team building skills as well as early and *mid game planning are where I need to improve most.

Username:OdeDischarge
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:OdeDischarge / Lemon Drops
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT -6 As this summer starts, I will be available everyday at almost any time.
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a high school student heading into my senior year. I have enjoyed playing Pokemon since I first received Pokemon Silver and have not been able to put it down since. I am not a horrible battler but I know that I have a lot to learn. I wish to work on my general game play including prediction and team building. I appreciate any help that I receive and hope to give back to such a wonderful community.

P.S. I was skipped last round and was the 22nd post.

Username: umbriel
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Umbriel
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST/GMT-5. My hours of availability are fluid; however, I'm usually around 5:00PM-11:00PM weekdays and all day on weekends.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW RU/BW UU if either are possible.
Tell us a little about yourself: I tried to get a tutor a long time ago during DPP (D/P Apprentice Programs 23-25), but there were no UU tutors, so I'm giving it another shot. I'd like to learn how to play competitively in the lower tiers and how to build teams creatively. I'm interested and gameplay theory and exploring ways to use pokemon beyond the "norm". Outside of Pokemon, I study library and information science and enjoy reading, writing, and swimming/bicycling.

Username: Dark Nikuman
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Dark Nikuman
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: gmt +1 all the afternoon
What tier do you want to learn?: bw ou
Tell us a little about yourself: I was tutored by ojama in the past round and he teached me the bases, so now I want to improve my ability in building teams.

BKC agreed to tutor me =)

Username: Dinhox
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Dinhox
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1 (Spain) afternoons and nights, not always the same.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU and BW UU (if only 1 BW OU)
Tell us a little about yourself: I haven't played pokémon for a year or so. After stopping player I was, and I think I am, a decent DPP OU player (top 64 in spain). So, I have basic notios. I need to remember things. I have a lot to learn and improve.

EDIT: Why I should be tutored? I spent days and days read and only reading articles, RMT and these things, but, as in all forums i'm not a good poster, if it's not necessary to post and I don't have something to apport, I don't post. Also, the "free year" is another reason.

See ya!

Dark Fallen Angel

FIDDLESTICKS IS ALSO GOOD ON MID!
Username: Dark Fallen Angel
Pokémon Online Username: Dark Fallen Angel
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -3 (Brazil) / Usually from 12:00 to 18:00 and 22:00 to 1:00 from Monday to Friday. in Saturday, from 18:00 to 1:00 and in Sunday, from 12:00 to 1:00.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, BW Ubers and BW Little Cup (can be only BW OU)
Tell us a little about yourself: I am Brazilian, I'm a Pokémon fan a long time (more than 7 years), there was a time I got tired, but I since returned to like Pokémon sice I met a guy that became my boyfriend, and he is a big Pokémon fan like me. My english is not perfect, but I belive that is decent enough to me and my tutor have a good "talking".
Why I have less than 25 posts: Despite what I said above, only recently I discovered the competitive battles (less than 1 year), and even after months trying to get some knowledge about them, I still don't fell ready to battle. I have some (competitive) teams but I only tested them with a friend, and even though I won every time that I battled against him, I still don't fell ready to have competitive battles with other people. I fell that with the "Battling 101" I'm going to get knowledge and courage to try to battle with other people. So I joined Smogon, and that's the first thing that I am trying to do.

Username: Scarfwynaut
Shoddy Username: rainydaydaydream
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5, 6:00AM-12:00PM
What tier do you want to learn?: BW UU
Tell us a little about yourself: Nothing much to say Im kinda a boring guy. I watch a lot of scifi and waste a lot of time. Im interested in UU because OU is going to change a lot soon and I don't wish to play went its unstable, might as well learn a new tier. I would prefer a tutor that plays stall if possible.

Username: Unbreakable
PO nickname: Unbreakable, Unbreakabalt, various "test alt (Greek letter)" names
Timezone and hours: Eastern, MWF 4-10 pm
Desired tier: DPP UU
About me: I was tutored by IFM in round 58 but didn't feel like I learned anything. All he did was let me bounce ideas off of him. Plus, I want to get this "I always lose in the first round" Mankey off of my goddamn back. I also have imcooked's problem of stalling out after hitting a certain height on the ladder, only I sputter in the 1100-1200 range.

Username: ScubaRec0n
Pokemon online/ Shoddy Username: Off. Topic
Your Timezone and Usual hours of availability:GMT -8. I am very Flexible with my availabilty, seeing as the only consumption of time is my job. But if I were to give a time I would say 1 pm - 12 am.
What Tier do you want to learn: BW OU
Tell us a little bit about yourself: I'm 23 year old college student pursuing a dual career in Law Enforcement and Fire Fighting (whichever takes me first, Im a double Major). I have been in and out of pokemon for about every generation. I started Playing Competitively in Gen. 4 but that was 2+ years ago I would really like to learn to play competitively.

YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS.

I've been eagerly awaiting sign ups for the last 2 months. Ive been watching this thread like a hawk sometimes checking in every hour. I've been trying to have people teach me via Smogon servers but alas all are too busy. I'm ext
remely dedicated and disciplined Please, please allow me to learn.

Username: MrChar
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: MrChar - Char
Your timezone and usual hou orf availability: +1; 15:00 Pm 01:00 Am
Tell us a little about yourself: I started playing the bw metagame since few weeks, however I think there is something that I don't quite grasp it, it would be a honor for me, being tutored by Smogon elites.

Username: Trollmonchan
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: trollmonchan.
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT, varies
Tell us a little about yourself: no

bkc said he would tutor me~

Username: DatOddish
Pokemon Online Username: DatOddish
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-3, 3:00PM - 11:00PM
What tier do you want to learn?: BW UU/RU
Tell us a little about yourself: Was tutored by HellPowna in OU last round and had a pretty nice experience, so I wanted to try it in UU/RU too, since those are the tiers that I have the most trouble building teams and playing in general.
Less than 25 posts explanation: Never really felt that I could help in RMTs or that I could add something interesting to a discussion, but I'm gonna try to get more into the forums from now on since I just got tutored.

my app

Username: ohnap
PO nickname: do not have one yet, probably will be ohnap.
Timezone and Available hours: EST, 5:00 to 6:00/ 8:00 to 9:00.
tier: BW OU
About me: I wish to learn about team building and how to set up battles. outside of pokemon, i play guitar, like to cliff jump in my local sand pit and love hanging with my girlfriend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)