VGC '12 United States National - Indianapolis - WON by Cybertron and Wolfey

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm nervous but excited. Just need to finalize my team and memorize speed tiers :P. I may or may not be there for pre-registration, but either way I won't be able to hang out until noon Saturday when we check in to the hotel. So excited!

Hey gentlemen, if anyone wants to be at nats a long time I am looking for people to do Wednesday-Monday (leave for nats on Wednesday morning, leave nats on Monday morning). If you do not need to stay that many days but still need a room I can try to work with that too. I can give rides to anyone Dallas or north of Dallas in Texas, lower Oklahoma, Missouri, and Illinois or Indiana for sure.

Hey does anyone going happen to have Resident Evil 3, code Veronica, or operation raccoon city they would sell me real cheap or trade for plushies or just straight up give me? I have like 16 million copies of glover 64 too I'd trade!!

Just here to reaffirm that I will be headed to nats. Travel plans and everything are long out of the way, now I just need to finalize a team and build it!

Dimsun

VGC 2012 Seniors Champion
It would be great to know where everyone was staying, so people in the same hotel could say hello before the event. Of course, regardless of where people are staying, I'm sure people will find each other.

It would be great to know where everyone was staying, so people in the same hotel could say hello before the event. Of course, regardless of where people are staying, I'm sure people will find each other.
I'll be staying at the Holiday Inn Express - Downtown, right across from the Lucas Oil Stadium, arriving Thursday @ 7:00 PM though I probably won't show my self until Friday, but it would be cool to meet up with some people Friday before Pre-Registration, I'll be walking everywhere, so I guess I'll be playing Follow the Leader if I run into anyone. Not familiar with the area. :p

I'll be staying at the Crown Plaza Hotel(where they put all the winners) I'll probably be at the convention center most of the time to talk with everyone else though.

It seems seniors will be a challenge. :D (But not as much as masters which is good)
Indeed it will be. Probably one of the toughest years so far...

@Dimsun, I will be staying at the Crowne Plaza where all the winners rooms were booked are staying. Going to enjoy meeting other players!

Dozz

Has anyone in this family ever seen a chicken?
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
It's confirmed. Dozz is out of retirement for this one. It's going to be like a heartwarming British underdog film over two days.

Dimsun

VGC 2012 Seniors Champion
It's confirmed. Dozz is out of retirement for this one. It's going to be like a heartwarming British underdog film over two days.
So I get to meet you. Should be interesting.
(This'll be a little bit like a mini worlds... o.o)

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Not sure if this has been asked / answered yet, but what are the rulings on Black / White 2 trade-backs? Assuming people can get their Japanese copy of Black 2 or White 2 and they actually have new move tutors, access to new Dream World abilities, and the new Global Link areas release more DW abilities.. It'd be possible to potentially gain an advantage if anything strong is released so soon.

JRank

Jonny
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Not sure if this has been asked / answered yet, but what are the rulings on Black / White 2 trade-backs? Assuming people can get their Japanese copy of Black 2 or White 2 and they actually have new move tutors, access to new Dream World abilities, and the new Global Link areas release more DW abilities.. It'd be possible to potentially gain an advantage if anything strong is released so soon.
No they won't. From the SQSA thread.

EDIT: oops, actually from earlier in this thread

Good luck Dozz. I know you're british and that doesn't really matter, more the point I've enjoyed touring with you around Europe and it would be good if someone I've met goes to America and comes back with a top 4 spot for Hawaii, the ultimate way to go to Hawaii let's be honest.

Yeah thanks JRank I pointed it out to Havak earlier on FB and we discussed how much impact that would have since we were worried about our Manchester Tournament and how BW2 could affect it, nice to see it's been cleared up though.

Team Rocket Elite

Data Integration Thought Entity
is a Top Researcher Alumnus
In terms of BW2, I asked this twice and was told they weren't allowed twice. However, I never thought to ask about the Dream World changes. They might actually be allowed. I don't think there are too many unreleased Dream World abilities that would really shake up the metagame but an official Custap Berry release would likely change things. Hopefully nothing silly like a legal Soul Dew happens.

I would suggest everyone learn about the relevant BW2 and Dream World changes just in case. I may be paranoid, but I'm not fully convinced it's an issue they had thought through 100%. If you have the time and resources, you could also take the extreme measure of making and bringing a team that takes advantage of BW2 on the chance that the changes are considered legal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)