Apprentice Program: Round Sixty Three

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username: GKhan

Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: GrandKhan

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 6 pm - 12 am on weekdays, and all day on weekends.

What tier do you want to learn?: 5th Gen OU, VGC if there's time.

Tell us a little about yourself: I just finished my 2nd year of college as a biochemistry and philosophy double-major. I enjoy playing squash and swimming, as well as just hanging out or partying with friends. I've been a big fan of the pokemon series since RBY, and I've recently gotten quite into RNG manipulation. I already play a few matches per day on Pokemon Online, but I have trouble getting above 1200, and that's why I'm here.

I applied for a tutor in the last two rounds and did not get one.

Username: Blaaz
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:edible underwear
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: im available at various times in the day but mostly 10-3 i am GMT-5
What tier do you want to learn?:UU/RU
Tell us a little about yourself: ive been battling since the DP era and ive always been more into UU and NU but never got any formal knowledge of it. It's been interesting to me since i get to see more of the stuff i like not just whatever the metagame deems best to use since conformity isnt my favorite thing :3

I've been skipped the last couple of rounds

Username: FaceFaceFace

Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:PO - FaceFaceFace

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: NZST (New Zealand standard time); open to tutor's times.

What tier do you want to learn?: Standard UU (but also keen to learn more about OU/Ubers if UU is not possible)

Tell us a little about yourself: Been playing PO for about two months now, and thoroughly enjoying the experience. I am a fast and dedicated learner in whatever I do. I am also very open to new ideas, and am not hesitant to test out new things.

I am still trying to understand UU - it seems a lot less gung-ho compared to OU/Uber (if there is a moxieMence equivalent in UU, I would really like to know), which is appealing to me. I wish to learn more about the metagame and its perks, and there is nothing like gaining insight firsthand from a tutor. I hope that both myself and my tutor will be able to learn and discover new things through our discussions.

I enjoy playing with offensive teams, as it allows me to set the pace and lure the other side into my mind-games. However, this does not mean that I am not willing to try teams of a different temperament, i.e stall etc; quite the contrary, actually.

Why I Have Fewer Than 25 Posts: I am relatively new, and avoid asking questions unless I cannot figure it out by myself.

P/S I was skipped in the Round 62 selections.

Assigned to HellPowna

Username
: Pachu
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Pachu
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: -3 gmt. 7pm - 11pm my time
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a simple person who works, live by itself and want to learn some about competitive pokémon!

Fewer than 25 posts reason: I don't have much ideas to add yet to the site, that's why i have less than 25 posts. I think getting some tutoring would make me more participative.

Been skipped in the last 2 rounds already :(

Username: godbaka
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: raisweak, bigbitch,godbaka
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: -8 GMT My schedule is flexible
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a really competitive player and i always aim to win. I guess i'm alright at this game, but I really struggle with team building because in my opinion, the OU meta game is crazy but that's my favorite tier so I wish to get a tutor that can teach me how to build good teams.IFM said that he agreed to tutor me 2 rounds ago, but I'm not sure if he remembers or not.

I missed 2 rounds =[

Username: Chaosbass
Pokemon Online Username: Astrophus
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+7, but I'm available all day so the time difference doesn't really matter
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU + Uber (Wifi or DW)
Tell us a little about yourself: I've played pokemon since red/blue and has not missed a single game since then. However competitive battling is something that is rather new to me. Like other competitive things, I got quite hooked.

Reason for being under 25 posts: I started out with Pokemon Online where I do fairly average. However I struggle in creating the right team that fits my playstyle.

ss234

bop.
Username: Silvershadow234
PO Username: Silvershadow234
Your timezone and usual hourse of playability: GMT, 4pm till 7pm my time
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, BW UU
Tell us a little bit about yourself: I really enjoy playing competetive pokemon, and started about a year ago. I am good at making new friends, and I love TopGear and cars in general.
Reason for under 25 posts: I think this is my twenty fifth post, but just to be safe-well, I think that I would really like to help more people out on the RMT section, as well as the UU tier(but I'm incredibly new to that). Help in any of the two tiers would mean I could participate in a lot more stuff, which I'd love to do!

Asek

Banned deucer.
Username : Asek
PO / Shoddy Username : Asek
Timezone and hours of availability : GMT +10 4:30PM - 10:30PM
What tier do you want to learn : BW OU!
Tell us a little bit about yourself : Real names Jordan and I enjoy Surfing and Hanging around with my mates. I want to become a bit more competitive with my Pokemon and I feel a tutor could really help me become the a more competitive battler.

Username: twinArmageddons

PO Username: twinArmageddons

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+8 7:00-8:30 weekdays,3:00-7:30 week ends (estimated)

Tell us a little about yourself: I am a person who likes to play psychological wars. My job is usually to spy and take down players with words and diplomacy. After seeing pokemon had a lot of thinking required to win it, I decided that this would be a fun break from "hard core" gaming as my computer is extremely laggy and might even be my new hobby. I have few friends, but those few are awe-inspiringly awesome. I also like Homestuck A LOT.

In more technical terms, Pokemon is a much slower game than others and therefore is nigh unaffected by lag. I want to play DW OU because I play to win (and for fun of course). Strategies I would like to use include Gravity, Stall, Anti Meta, etc... unconventional but very effective tactics.

WHY I SHOULD BE TUTORED: I will contribute a lot to the devepment of Smogon, and spread the art of competetive battling in the name of Smogon.

FEWER THAN 25 POSTS: I want to have as good of a start as possible. I fear that if I learn by myself, I would go down the wrong track.

Bryce

Lun
Assigned to HellPowna

Username:white symphoni
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:white symphoni/white symphoni 7
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT+6 around 6:00pm to 7:00 pm,and 11:00pm to 12:00 am.2:00 pm to 4:00 pm on friday and 11:00 to 1:00 on saturday
What tier do you want to learn?:BW OU,DW OU
Tell us a little about yourself:I've joined smogon about 2 months ago.I like chating with other people and I have high curiousity.I really like watching sports especially cricket and football.I like Tennis too.I'm a bit lazy but I work hard if I need to.I want to learn from my tutor as much as possible so I can get decent ladder score,also I'm bad at team building so I want learn what people think of when they build good teams.

Username: Hobojackal
Shoddy Username: Hobojackal.
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Australian central standard time (Cant remember the proper abbreviation) Can be on at any time
Tell us a little about yourself: As a long time Pokemon player, and also a very competitive person in general, it seems only right for me to want to play this at the same level that i play other games.

Why should i be tutored?: Being new to competetive pokemon, i thought that a program like this would be the best way to kick start myself into tournament level play.

Raiza

Username:Raiza
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:Raiza/Weses
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:Timezone:GMT+1,I'm available every day
What tier do you want to learn?:DPPT OU
Tell us a little about yourself:My name is Giovanni,I am from Salerno and the battling is my passion.My favorite pokemon are Scizor and Rotom-W

HellPowna agreed to Tutor Me

Username: Wimazar
Pokemon Online Username: Wimazar
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +12 I can be on some days during the week around 6PM ish otherwise the weekend is ideal or friday nights
What tier do you want to learn?: A bit of everything would be nice ive found all tiers interesting and fun
Tell us a little about yourself: I've only just started playing pokemon recently or so and am enjoying the experience so far, competitive pokemon has appealed to me because at heart I'm too lazy to spend hours to level one pokemon to level 100 which is why the battle sim has really appealed to me. I also play League of Legends chess and am making my way through school.
Why I have less than 25 posts: Along with lazy I'm also a bit shy when it comes to new things. I have been lurking the forums and getting new ideas for teams in RMT but other than that my knowledge is limited and I hope to change that with this program

Missed in rounds 61,62

Username:Pika Dragon003
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:FunkyPriest66
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:Timezone:GMT-6:00; 12 PM to 1 AM every day
What tier do you want to learn?:BW OU, but all tiers interest me.
Tell us a little about yourself:Well I've been playing pokemon ever since the beginning of the handheld games. Picked up a copy of Red from a friend when I was a little kid, and I loved it. Played it until I literally broke my Gameboy Color. I watched all of the first few seasons every Saturday morning or so. About 3 years ago, I started getting back into Pokemon and I learned about the more technical side of Pokemon, and that made me love it even more. I would like to be tutored on the fine art of competitive battling because I desire more out of Pokemon that simply defeating computers. I am currently in the Army Reserves, and probably the only person in the Army to still play Pokemon, but that doesn't bother me. I have a strong interest in biology and animals, which probably explains my attraction to Pokemon. I am a very determined, strong-willed person and I would greatly appreciate tutoring.

Why should I be tutored: Well, I know that I am brand-new to this forum and I have far less than 25 posts, but I feel like I should be tutored because I am very willing to receive the knowledge and pass it on to others in need. I desire to become a tutor myself, and pass on everything that I know. Had I discovered this site at an earlier date, I would have well over 100 posts.

Assigned to Noodlez

Username: Soulless Shadow
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: [CG] TMS 3
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5 (EST)/GMT -6, I'm not sure, but any time between 6-10 PM in either time zone.
What tier do you want to learn?: OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Well, I've been competitive battling for a little over had a year now, and feel i need some real improvement. I'm not very active on smogon, but I am online a lot. The reason I but down two time zones is cause I'll be at my grandparents for 2 weeks.

Why I feel I should be tutored: The reason I'm not active on smogon is because I feel I can't input useful things to the discussion, and I'd like to change that.

Also, Bloo has garunteed me entrance

UGGH forgot signups again.
Username: Mushroomist
PO Username: Sir. Aaron
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+10 Most times, I'm on holidays.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a kid who's new to the competitive seen, only been here since March, just wanna learn how to build teams properly and play even better, so I can start entering comps etc.
25 Posts: I haven't got 25 post because I have been lurking really, I don't come to the forums as much, I'm usually just on PO, also I usually only post in the Social Groups, but I am going to start posting in the official threads.
I was skipped last round.

Assigned to Molk

Rather late, but might as well:

Username: phirre
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: newspeak
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-6, after 7pm weekdays, whenever weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: BW UU primarily, RU/NU
Tell us a little about yourself: College student majoring in Mandarin and secondary education. I found Smogon back in 2006, but I've never gotten involved in the community. I think I'm better suited for it now than my 14-year-old self, so it would be nice to have some help getting into things.

Username:TheBlackRayquaza
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:TheGoldenHooh
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:Central Time,all day (in summer)
What tier do you want to learn?:BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself:Hi,I'm a 13 year old middle schooler who loves to play video games,collect the video games of old,hang out with friends,and talk with friends on xbox and play xbox.I also play soccer.I want to learn BW OU because I have no experience in the competitive scene and I really want to.About a year ago pokemon games were just up to when you caught all the legendaries and got to level 100,but now I really want to get into the competitive scene.I know about EV's,in fact yesterday I finished EV training my first pokemon,but I don't get IV's and egg moves,need a little help with those mechanics.I also need help with team building and strategy.About a year ago,when I tried to play online with my in-game team,I got kicked into next week by a guy using a gliscor and protect,and since then I got to wondering what other strategies are out there,I also figured out there's more to it than brute force.What it all comes down to is I love playing pokemon and really want to learn more.Thank you for reading,and for now,bye!!

Assigned to Zebraiken

Username: SatiSuicune
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: SatiSuicune
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5; 10AM-11 PM everyday
What tier do you want to learn?: BW NU/BW EU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm an average teenager who plays a couple sports and some instruments. I have played piano (which I am the best at) for about eight years, I've played violin for 4 years, I have played tennis for 4 years, and I've played basketball for a year or so (I'm so much better at basketball than tennis...).
Zebraiken agreed to tutor me

Username: thebestofthemall
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:thebestofthemall
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT - 5, all day everyday
What tier do you want to learn?:BW RU
Tell us a little about yourself:I'm boring. I don't do anything except pokemon because I have no life. Just kidding, I enjoy playing videogames and hanging out with friends, but that's all lol. :p
Why I should be tutored: I'm on all day everyday, so I'm free to get tutored a lot. I don't like posting, so I don't post. I'm a big lurker, so that explains my post count.
Omicron agreed to tutor me

Username: Paolo
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Paolo, Paolo Test
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: PST 4-11 pm Weekdays all day weekends.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a high school student in my final year. I've been playing Pokemon competitively since DP but have started taking it more seriously since BW came out. I've had mixed success laddering but have yet to break 1400. My team building skills as well as early and mid game planning are where I need to improve most.

Have been skipped 3 times

Username: Ravix
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: xRavix
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Just about any time
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing competitive VGC for a little while and figured it would be worth learning about the OU metagame as well. Team building and strategy for the singles metagame would be sweet.

Username:RandomName12321
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:Kale12321
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:EST most of the time since it is summer. Usually from 11am-11pm, but I can work with most schedules
Tell us a little about yourself:I been battling for a while, but I am lacking in true skill. I prefer stall teams because I mainly make teams based on defensive synergy and I don't know much about offensive synergy. I would like to learn more about the metagame and how to perform better in it. I tend to switch teams a lot, so making a team and sticking with it for 4 weeks will really help me sticking with something.

Username: Void
Pokemon Online Username: Void (mainly)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: gmt +8, available any time for now
What tier do you want to learn?: OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I peaked #4 on smogon's OU ladder with 1437 points in early BW, but other than that haven't had much laddering success. On beta I normally hang around low to mid 1500s if I ladder (my alt there has 1534 points atm), decent but nothing spectacular really. I feel as if I'm not improving at this game and I don't really know how to, so hopefully this can help somewhat.

Username: DrunkDemon
Pokemon Online: DrunkDemon
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: PST, free Friday through Sunday most of the time
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a sophomore with interests in video games and martial arts. Like most people here, I first got into Pokemon when I was younger, but now I'm interested in i competitively. I've been on Smogon for a little while now, but I decided to try and get tutoring after hitting a bit of a wall in terms of my skill level. I'm a decent team builder right now, but I need help with prediction ect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)