VGC '12 Canada National - Toronto - WON by Chinese Dood

Status
Not open for further replies.

alkinesthetase

<@dtc> every day with alk is a bad day
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
quick question, smogon: I'm not a VGC player, but a friend of mine is. I'm not doing anything tmrw and I live in toronto, so that friend of mine suggested we hang out at VGC, which sounds AWESOME. FAQ doesn't say anything about guests though and I don't have an actual cartridge of B/W (only play on PO/PS - not to mention I'm nowhere near qualified to play VGC >_>), and so I'm not sure they'd let anyone in who's not actually participating in the tournament. Anybody know what the rules are on this? It seems VGC allows parents to accompany children (for obvious reasons), but that wouldn't really apply to me.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
quick question, smogon: I'm not a VGC player, but a friend of mine is. I'm not doing anything tmrw and I live in toronto, so that friend of mine suggested we hang out at VGC, which sounds AWESOME. FAQ doesn't say anything about guests though and I don't have an actual cartridge of B/W (only play on PO/PS - not to mention I'm nowhere near qualified to play VGC >_>), and so I'm not sure they'd let anyone in who's not actually participating in the tournament. Anybody know what the rules are on this? It seems VGC allows parents to accompany children (for obvious reasons), but that wouldn't really apply to me.
Guests are allowed, but you can't be in the battling area, so you can only watch games that are on the TVs.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
i will be visiting but i will not be playing. if anyone wants to hang around, could someone meet at like 1030 in the foyer - ill be there alone n stuff

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Since people in the US had issues finding it yesterday, I will be livetweeting here. No streams from me as I won't be there and I don't think there are TVs. Let's go Team West!

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Canada was only 51 Masters. There are six rounds of swiss and a top 8 cut will follow immediately as far as I'm aware (although that could take place tomorrow, but the calender only lists July 1st IIRC).

Check IceArceus12's post for the most up to date scores, we're still awaiting news from the final two rounds of swiss to see who makes it. I very much expect skarm to be there.

Skarm is now 5-0. Apparently playing a Japanese player! (Must be a Canadian resident?)

Skarm went 6-0.

Top 8

Skarm 2-1 Team Rocket Elite
Japanese Guy vs ???
R Inanimate 1-2 Chinese Dood
??? vs ???

Top 2 get the trip/invite.

Sigh, only did a bit better this time than Regionals. (Damn youse, clear.)

I'll right up a warstory a bit later.

Chinese Dood makes Top 2 and qualifies for Hawaii

EDIT: Skarm also makes Top 2 and qualifies for Hawaii

Final: Skarm vs Chinese Dood

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Congrats to both Skarm and Chinese Dood :) have to root for Skarm in the final though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)