Promoting the Local VGC Scene

Status
Not open for further replies.
Intercollegiate VGC tournaments anyone?
Exactly! Me and some of my friends from Baylor met Scorcho and people in his pokemon club at OSU. If I could manage to get a Baylor Pokemon club going I'm sure Scorcho and I could work something out for a Tournament or something. Our schools are even in the same Conference, its perfect haha!

This would promote great community among pokemon battlers and would give people a chance to get a feel for the style of a VGC tournament before going to a regional.

Intercollegiate VGC tournaments anyone?
This is why Duy and I are trying to set up the National Collegiate Pokemon Association. However, it helps to have individually healthy Pokemon communities so that when we link them together, we'll have something spectacular.

Gonna update the OP with the Skarmbliss special. I can't thank you guys enough for all the support you're giving.

If you want my rain team that I used at nats here it is:

This one revolves around keeping Ferrothorn alive so he can tank to win. You gotta kill the Ferro counters with the leads such as fire/ fighting users. It works great and is kinda easy to use once you get the hang of it.

Politoed (M) @ Wacan Berry
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Scald
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Protect

Hitmontop (M) @ Fight Gem
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Fake Out
- Close Combat
- Sucker Punch
- Detect

Ferrothorn (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Protect

Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 136 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 112 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Thunder
- Hydro Pump
- Trick
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Metagross @ Occa Berry
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 6 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Protect

Tornadus (M) @ Flying Gem
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Acrobatics
- Tailwind
- Taunt
- Protect

Attacking all the campuses with fliers and posting them on a weekly (or some other frequency) basis
I'd be VERY careful with this, I know on OSU's campus if you don't have a stamp of approval from the college on every single flier it will get taken down and possibly get your club the banhammer...

I'd be VERY careful with this, I know on OSU's campus if you don't have a stamp of approval from the college on every single flier it will get taken down and possibly get your club the banhammer...
Posting them respectively with the campus rules is implied

Also on that rain team Jrank, we might need something a little more basic like Kingdra and Gastrodon with rain abilities and stuff to teach people like ALL the strengths of rain and then like go from there

JRank

Jonny
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Also on that rain team Jrank, we might need something a little more basic like Kingdra and Gastrodon with rain abilities and stuff to teach people like ALL the strengths of rain and then like go from there
I've tested both of them on the team (obviously I've used it a lot because it was my regs team), and Kingdra sucks and Gastrodon is weak. It already has a Swift Swim mon (Ludicolo), and another mon with a rain ability (Toxicroak). I may be biased but I don't think anything on the team should be changed, and adding in either of those two allow you to be destroyed by a certain shroom.

Yeah jrank thats true, but come to think of it maybe thats a good thing, so we can teach people to beat specific threats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)