Smeargle's Studio General Thread: Spriting and Banners go here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are female, I would be more than glad to spread my seed.

you know whats funny? /vp/ hates my fakemon lol

also, i made the grass/ghost line, some of you may recognise it as my design for cap 2.

Doran those sprites are cool, but some of the backgrounds make it hard to focus on them, especially the Fire Types.
But yeah, the sprites themselves are great, although the first bat looks a little too much like Swoobat...

Hey, could I get a Hydreigon banner with the text "Dialysis"? I would prefer it if you used the Dream World Art for Hydreigon and the text style and color would be similar to Hydreigon. Thanks in advance.

Well, if any dear sir or ma'am made me a banner saying 'Zant' in the middle, and had Zant from twilight princess on the left and a banette on the right, I would be eternally grateful. I'm cool with any font or background or anything.

I have a (hopefully) simple request. I'd like a Krilowatt with a tophat, still within the standard 96x96. If you could add a monocle as well, that'd be terrific. Thanks in advance.

I've just begun a Gen II LedybaDex and I wanted some opinions before I continued. There's a lot of white space because it's where the rest of the entries will go.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Haha, genius! Great idea, well done. Though, a few issues:

The Noctyba/Ledybowl's "mouth" is a little sketchy.

Amphypa/Ledyros' left ear (our right) is wonky.

Lantyba/Ledyturn's "rod" appears to be very off to the right (our left).

The dots below Azumaryba's mouth look too cluttered, even though there's just two of them. Still, I don't know what could be done differently.

Still, all over a great idea executed brilliantly. Keep it up!

Thanks! I'll correct what you pointed out; I hadn't even noticed Noctowl's mouth before. I was admittedly in a hurry for that one since I was so frustrated after the Hoothoot debacle. Ampharos was a pain too (along with its whole evolution line, actually) and I ended up having to redraw the ear since the angle was off which is why it looks so wonky. I'll try it again later when I have more patience for it.

Which one do you like best? I think my favorite so far is Feraligatr with Cleffa in 2nd place. They both just look so stupid. I just skipped ahead to do Unown because I knew it'd be difficult.

I'm not even too sure what letter it is!

EDIT: I finished correcting what you mentioned and replaced the old sprites with the new ones in my last post.

I'm back!

I just wanted to show you some of my scratched sprites and I hope I get to do more projects with spriting here on the Forums@Smogon.

The bee looking Pokémon is my own made up concept. It's a Steel/Bug Pokémon with some Fire attacks and Flash Fire as ability. It's called Charnet.

Wow those look great, especially the Feraligatr. I might have to commission some work from you sometime! All I can do in terms of spriting is fusions. Do you think you could give some tips for working from scratch? How long does it take you, on average, to finish?

Also on an unrelated note I wanted to post my spritework so far (apart from the LedybaDex):

Just something I made for My ASB person, It's WOMBATMAN the most awesome superhero of awesomeness, with the abilities to control wombats and CHANGE THE COLOR OF AUSTRALIA

Wow those look great, especially the Feraligatr. I might have to commission some work from you sometime! All I can do in terms of spriting is fusions. Do you think you could give some tips for working from scratch? How long does it take you, on average, to finish?

Also on an unrelated note I wanted to post my spritework so far (apart from the LedybaDex):
It takes about 45 or more depending on how creative I feel at the time, it also depends on inspiration.

"Klikkit" here took about 1 hour to make.

I hereby dub this creature Oshawut.

Joking aside, there is some awesome stuff in here. Keep it up!
Ha, thanks! The Ledywott (as I called it) was my first, I think. I can't believe I forgot to post my favorite one, though. The Cursoxys! It's Ursaring, Carnivine, Deoxys, and Bronzong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)