Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Open Challenge
1 vs 1 Strongmon singles (PM one to ref)
2 Day DQ
2 Recovers/5 Chills
3 Subs
Arena=Verde Insect Park
Inside of a prominent Insect Research Center, one huge room rises up seven floors to the top of a massive dome. The trainers will fight five stories up in it, on a gigantic web system that effectively traps all Pokemon on it and prevents easy escape. As such, digging and flying will be extremely difficult for Pokemon not used to navigating webs or strong enough to break through it. The web is used as a research facility for all kinds of bugs, and has a climate control system to recreate any types of weather. The director has generously allowed both sides to use it for the battle, and all weather will work. However, there are no rocks or water pools and the web is completely fireproof.

Summary:
-Grounded Pokemon (bar bugs) will have -10% evasion and -5 base speed
-Only levitating/flying ground types and any bug may use fly, sky drop, or dig successfully
-Bounce will fail
-No natural rocks
-No natural water
Taking this.

Training Items
All Abilities
Switch=!no
This still needs a ref.

Two open slots, two open challenges!

2v2 NFE singles
2 day DQ (preferably less)
2 recovers/5 chills
2 subs
Items: Training
One in ASB arena, one in Unown Soup

quick question: Can training items be used in multiple battles?

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Two open slots, two open challenges!

2v2 NFE singles
2 day DQ (preferably less)
2 recovers/5 chills
2 subs
One in ASB arena, one in Unown Soup

quick question: Can training items be used in multiple battles?
I'll take the ASB arena one.

Also yes, just not multiple times in the same battle.

Once again, I'm requesting a subref for this battle... It appears to me that the ref has overloaded his plate.

The Ref has returned... but still... requesting a standby-subref for the above battle, in case the current ref fails to keep up again.

Also, I'm interested in another battle. Open Challenge:

1v1 LC Beginner Flash Battle
2 Hour DQ (Extended up to 1 Day at request) 1 Day DQ (Applies to Ref as well)
5 Recoveries/Unlimited Chills
2 Substitutions
Arena: ??? (Challenger's Choice, excluding Standard ASB Arena and Unown Soup; Surprise me, please)

Requesting:
Abilities: All
Switch: N/A

You're on Eternal Drifter! As for the arena, it's going to be the Tower of Heaven!

The Tower of Heaven is an ancient structure that stretches deep into the clouds, the heavens, and far beyond. It is composed of a material similar to rock, but far more durable and nearly impossible to break. Most of the structure is open-air giving a good glimpse of the clear sky. Moss and other small plant life have grown on the outcropping on the rock-like material with small butterflies flying about. There are small streams and pools of water within the structure for Water attacks and Water Pokemon. The battle will take place within one of the many chambers of the tower.

All moves can be used within the Tower of Heaven. However, there is a catch. Within my hands is the Book of Laws. At the end of each round, I'll write down a new law. The laws restrict what attacks, actions, or commands you may or may not take in battle. Violation of any law in battle will still allow you to perform the command, however the offender will be struck down with a lightning bolt that deals 10 damage flat and ignores abilities, weakness, and resistance. The lightning bolt cannot be deflected, dodged, evaded, or otherwise blocked. It will hit the Pokemon behind a Substitute, find its way through Double Team, and will go through Wonder Guard. Pokemon that are immune to Electric attacks by ability or typing will still be struck down and will gain no benefit such as Motor Drive's Speed boost. Violation of multiple laws in an action will drop down multiple lightning bolts on the offender depending on how many laws they've broken in a given action.

For instance, Pikachu decides to use Thunderbolt on a Staryu. If I restrict the usage of Thunderbolt, Pikachu will be smote once for 10 damage. If I restrict the usage of Thunderbolt and all Electrical attacks, Pikachu will be hit twice for 20 damage. Finally, if I restrict the usage of Thunderbolt, Electrical attacks, and super-effective moves, Pikachu will be struck thrice for 30 damage.

If there's any questions or need clarification on anything, PM me.

Summary: All moves can be used initially, however new laws added in each round will restrict what commands can be used. Violation of any law will be penalized with a lightning bolt dealing 10 damage flat ignoring typing and abilities. Combatants can be penalized multiple times in an action.

ZhengTann

Nargacuga
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'll pick the Crystal Colosseum, by C$FP. This should provide us interesting twists without much bias. Need a ref, please! And yay I nabbed one.

Open Challenge of my own:

1v1 LC
2 Days DQ
No Recoveries / 2 Chills per Pokemon
3 Substitutions
Training Items ... allowed?

The rest up to the Challenger.

You're on Eternal Drifter! As for the arena, it's going to be the Tower of Heaven!

The Tower of Heaven is an ancient structure that stretches deep into the clouds, the heavens, and far beyond. It is composed of a material similar to rock, but far more durable and nearly impossible to break. Most of the structure is open-air giving a good glimpse of the clear sky. Moss and other small plant life have grown on the outcropping on the rock-like material with small butterflies flying about. There are small streams and pools of water within the structure for Water attacks and Water Pokemon. The battle will take place within one of the many chambers of the tower.

All moves can be used within the Tower of Heaven. However, there is a catch. Within my hands is the Book of Laws. At the end of each round, I'll write down a new law. The laws restrict what attacks, actions, or commands you may or may not take in battle. Violation of any law in battle will still allow you to perform the command, however the offender will be struck down with a lightning bolt that deals 10 damage flat and ignores abilities, weakness, and resistance. The lightning bolt cannot be deflected, dodged, evaded, or otherwise blocked. It will hit the Pokemon behind a Substitute, find its way through Double Team, and will go through Wonder Guard. Pokemon that are immune to Electric attacks by ability or typing will still be struck down and will gain no benefit such as Motor Drive's Speed boost. Violation of multiple laws in an action will drop down multiple lightning bolts on the offender depending on how many laws they've broken in a given action.

For instance, Pikachu decides to use Thunderbolt on a Staryu. If I restrict the usage of Thunderbolt, Pikachu will be smote once for 10 damage. If I restrict the usage of Thunderbolt and all Electrical attacks, Pikachu will be hit twice for 20 damage. Finally, if I restrict the usage of Thunderbolt, Electrical attacks, and super-effective moves, Pikachu will be struck thrice for 30 damage.

If there's any questions or need clarification on anything, PM me.

Summary: All moves can be used initially, however new laws added in each round will restrict what commands can be used. Violation of any law will be penalized with a lightning bolt dealing 10 damage flat ignoring typing and abilities. Combatants can be penalized multiple times in an action.
I'll pick the Crystal Colosseum, by C$FP. This should provide us interesting twists without much bias. Need a ref, please!
I'll take you both... but with a third match underway, I can take no more. Challenge now closed, both TheWolfe and ZhengTann are bound to the battles, and awaiting refs for the new matches.

I'll still take you on, ZhengTann, if you still wish; same format as stated, with Crystal Colosseum as the battlefield.

DarkSlay

Guess who's back? Na na na! *breakdances*
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Challenging DarkSlay to a 2v2 NFE doubles

no chills/recoveries
2 subs per pokemon
training items
asb arena
I accept.

Switching = Troll
All abilities

Also, about items:
[22:35:53] <DarkSlay> Would it be okay to allow really mediocre berries as well? I has no training items yet.
[22:36:15] <@elevator_music> oh
[22:36:17] <@elevator_music> yea sure haha

So stuff like Oran is allowed as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 14)