Apprentice Program: Round Sixty Four

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to round 64 of Battling 101. If you were tutored last round, make sure you send in you tutor evaluations. Our tutors dedicate a lot of time to this program and the evaluations help us assess their contributions. If you are seeking a tutor, you're in the right place. Fill out the information below to be assigned a tutor.

Username:
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:
What tier do you want to learn?:
Tell us a little about yourself:

To clear up any confusion, here is an example of what my application would look like:

Username: Kevin Garrett
Shoddy Username: Kevin Garrett
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5, 4:00PM-2:00AM
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am the reason luvdiscs were implemented on Smogon. Aside from that, I deleted all of my posts because they were all terrible. I really want to learn how to play Pokemon the right way because I have struggled with it for so long and put in a lot of time to get better, but can't improve at all.

YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS. Additionally, you must be able to use Pokémon Online, Pokémon Showdown or at least Shoddy Battle (if you only wish to learn DPP OU).

Important: In addition, after your time of tutoring, please take the time to fill in the evaluation form and send it to the entire tutoring staff. This helps us on so many levels! All tutees from previous rounds are expected to submit evaluations of their tutors as well.

One more thing: If you were skipped in the round before this one, make a note somewhere in your sign-up post that this was the case. It makes it easier for us when we do the pairings.

Username: Ace Attorney
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Waveshine
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 4pm-1am Weekend: 2pm-2am
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've started playing Pokemon in november but didn't enjoy BW OU that much so I quitted for a few months then came back and learned ADV and played that for another few months then stopped for exams and stuff.. Now I'm back and ready to learn seriously BW2 OU! Other then that, I'm an asian guy who likes video games, sports, breakdance, mangas/anime.

Locopoke told me to request him but if he can't take anymore tutees that's fine.

Username:Rwhite84
Pokemon Online: [PCS] Rwhite
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST 9AM- 12PM on summer 3PM-10PM on school days
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 14 year old pokemon player, I'm on all day because I have little to do in real life, I watch NFL every sunday, and am a falcons fan. I'de like to think I'm an above average battler I don't really ladder, when I try I get abput 200 which is why I need the help. I was #1 on the monotype ladder of smogon before the first ladder reset, and I've had laddering success in NU RU and LU, and I want to do better in OU

I signed up in rounds 62, 60, and 59 where I didn't get a tutor, and I missed round 61, Signed up in round 63 got a tutor he didn't respond to any of my messages and literally didn't say a word to me

Nachos garunteed me a tutor "Known to be reliable"
Idk if proof is required but if it is
Nachos said:
Keep PMing him. If he doesn't bother to answer, PM me again. I'll guarantee you a tutor who is known to be reliable next round.

Username: godbaka
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: -Ricky, Rik, Winallday,godbaka
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: -8 GMT My schedule is flexible
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a really competitive player and i always aim to win. I guess i'm alright at this game, but I really struggle with team building because in my opinion, the OU meta game is crazy but that's my favorite tier so I wish to get a tutor that can teach me how to build good teams and how to get better in this game.
I would like to request for reverb or mostwanted.

Been skipped for 2 rounds.

Username: LighTz911
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: LighTz911
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 4 PM - 8 PM
What tier do you want to learn?: B2W2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I have no idea what's going on in B2W2.

Nachos said he'll tutor me.

Username: WDFAmatt (Worst. Name. Ever.)
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: -NRFM-, -WhiteChidori-
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1 (BST), 4pm-10pm weekdays, anytime on weekends.
What tier do you want to learn?: ADV OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a teen from England and I like hanging out with friends, playing video games, and other stuff.
I suck at ADV OU and I wanna learn it because I find it intersting. I have told Nachos about my past tutors, how they were busy and
that I was only properly tutored by EspyJoel, but that was for DPP which wasn't a priority tier to learn. This will probably be the
last time I sign up for Battling 101 so I hope I get assigned a tutor.

SkyNet has agreed to tutor me apparently.

Big Proofinator:
[24/07/2012 20:39:30] Matt: Yo could you tutor me for the next battling 101 round?
[24/07/2012 20:40:28] SkyNet: Yeah sure!
[24/07/2012 20:40:37] Matt: thanks man

Username: askjeevs
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Jeevs
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, Available usually 12pm-4pm, 7pm-2am
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU, 4th Gen OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Hi my name is Jeevs. I'm an econ major in University. I was recommended by various of Smogonites to try the apprenticeship program and better myself.
Requesting Alice or anyone else if unavailable.

Username: Ticcyboy
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Ticcyboy
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT 5-11pm Everyday Apart From Tuesdays And THursdays
What tier do you want to learn?: Bw OU, Bw UU
Tell us a little about yourself: Im 19 Years old and love playing pokemon. Ive been playing ever since Red, Yellow and blue. Ive always played the games but never learn competitive battling.Now i would like to learn how to play competitively and really would love to have a tutor teach me the ways.

Username: FinalLegendZero
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Final Legend Zero
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST Monday and Wednesday 8:30 am - 5:30 pm, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 1:15 – 5:30 pm
What tier do you want to learn?:B/W2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a college student who has been a fan of Pokemon since the beginning. I want to battle competitively, but my performance in 4th Gen was quite lackluster.

So far, I’ve waited for 9 months to be tutored.

Username:Scubasteve23
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:Scubasteve23
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:CST, a lot of availability
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm an 18 year old aspiring chef who also played guitar, bass, drums, piano, banjo, and harmonica. I've been playing Pokemon since Red/Blue came out and have never stopped. I'm a decent BW2 OU battler but I want to get better so I can try and get farther in tournaments and whatnot.

Also, Skynet said he would tutor me (Don't have a log or anything showing that he agreed but if you ask him, he'll tell you he said so.)
Skipped in rounds 62 and 63

Username: GearFlow
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: -YellowFlash-, -SkyHigh-
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +3, I'm online all day
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm 15 years old, I live in Saudi Arabia, but originally from the UK.
I learned a lot from SkyNet in round 62, but I still need help with teambuilding. I built a lot of teams
using SkyNet's method, but the teams don't seem to work as well as I think they would.

I have less than 25 posts because I am more of a lurker than a poster.

BKC agreed to tutor me. If he is unavailable, I would like to request Delko.

Proof that BKC agreed: [7/29/2012 2:24:41 PM] GearFlow: Hey Kevin, I was wondering if you could be my tutor for round 64, I want to improve my team building skills as i feel they are not very good and all round help in general. I know you are a good battler & tutor.
[7/29/2012 2:24:49 PM] Kevin: sure
[7/29/2012 2:25:20 PM] GearFlow: : ] Thank you

Username: Weber
Pokemon Showdown: Currently Thad, subject to change
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1, usually active in the evening

First time poster, long time lurker. I have been playing on and off since late gen 4 while also browsing the smogon forums, so I'm not that new. My main reason for joining the tutor program is because I want to get better. I've never gotten very far on the ladder much to my frustration. I have tried on my own, borrowed some good teams from the RMT section but alas, no success. I'm not stupid, I did read and know lots about competitive play but it seems I just can't put the theory into practice. Now in the summer vacation I want to try again, with some good help hopefully. I usually play a balance style, sometimes semi-stall and I'm a big fan of originality.

Some personal information; I study Public Administration at a renounced Dutch university. My interests are social science, politics, football and the news in general. From time to time I play videogames though not as often as when I was younger. I work part-time as a mail carrier. This is probably enough for now.

Username: Rotom-Cut or Call me R-C
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: R-C / Rotom-Cut
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: CST or - 6 I think ? Availble most hours .
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU / BW2 RU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 13 year old who has been part of Competitive Battling for 2 1/2 years . I've have achieved VG Moderator on another Pokemon Site and I feel Smogon Tutoring can help me out alot becoming one of the best on my other Pokemon Site . I 've grown to smogon more and more recently entering the Grand Slam and other mini tournments . I don't take anything for granted and listen very well to instructions .

Username: Lucs99
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:Lucs99/Little Lucs/Izanami
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:EST available all the time :D
Tell us a little about yourself: My name is Lucas and i play pokemon

The user of dragons said he would tutor me:3

Username:-Rockstar-
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:-Rockin-, [MVP]Rockstar, .Rockstar-
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:After 7 at nights and mornings till about 2PM EST
What tier do you want to learn?:Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself:Like Pokemon, Like Football, FIFA 12.3DS gamer too, like to play Mk7 and KI U online.

FICTION HAS AGREED TO TUTOR ME

Application

Username: tjjerome
Pokemon Showdown Username: MrPopo314
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: CST, any time after 6 p.m.
What tier do you want to learn?:
BW2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I’ve played every single Pokemon game but I’m just getting into the competitive scene. I enjoy playing video games (Xbox and Nintendo systems), hanging out with friends, and making music on my guitar and saxophone. I do have a job with a somewhat irregular schedule but I always have time to go online in evenings.

Like I said, I’m just getting started and I could really use the help offered in this program. I already have a BW OU team created but it definitely needs improvement. This program is perfect for me and I promise I will be a long term battler on Smogon!

Username: Flashstorm1
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Maya Fey
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Central Standard Time, 5 PM - 8 PM
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been on Smogon for a few years now with a few lengthy breaks in between. I would like to participate in the Battling 101 tutoring program to become more knowledgeable about the current metagame.

Username:metroid78
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:something with metroid in it
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:most of the day GMT-4
What tier do you want to learn?:OU
Tell us a little about yourself:I'm a 13 year old boy who likes soccer,pokemon and other video games

I should be tutored because I'm still not very good in some things and want to become a better battler

Mostwanted has agreed to tutor me

Username: DrunkDemon
Pokemon Online/Showdown Username: DrunkDemon
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: PST, I'm completely free until the end of next week, after that my computer access will be sketchy, but I’ll still be available for a few hours each day.
Tell us a little about yourself: I’m an incoming highschool sophomore with interests in martial arts and videogames. Like many people, I played Pokemon casually when I was younger, but am now interested in the competitive aspects.

EDIT: Also, I was skipped last round.

ss234

bop.
Username: Silvershadow234
Pokemon Showdown! / Online / Shoddy Battle Username: Silver Shadow 23
Your timezone and usual hours of playability: GMT from 10:00am to 8:00pm(won’t be on all day though-this is the time that I can be on)
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 UU and/or BW2 RU
Tell us a little bit about yourself: I really enjoy playing Pokemon competitvely, but dislike OU heavily. I have been playing UU a lot for about a month now, and I am starting to get to grips with the tier-but I’m struggling to make a good team. I just started to play RU and I’m really enjoying it, but obviously I’d love to have some help. Also, I could do with some tips on teambuilding as a whole-it would help me get to grips with the basic mons in any tier, and I’d love to be able to get high up on the ladder. In general, I’m a friendly person, and I would really enjoy helping out here on Smogon.
Skipped in round 63

Username: Shadow Sneak
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Sinnuendo
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST; On all day, best time 8 - 11 PM EST
What tier do you want to learn?: B2W2 OU

Long-time Pokemon fan, on-and-off lurker. I tried competitive battling before but wasn't very good at it. I've been trying out different teams over the past few days and have been met with mixed success, so I'd like to learn some more about teambuilding.

I think I should be tutored because I'm generally a fast learner, and don't mind taking advice or criticism from others.

idk

Username: smootdog2
Pokemon Online Username: smoot dog
Your time zone and usual hours of availability: EST extremely flexible schedule but some definite available times would be Saturdays and Sundays after 3pm
What tier do you want to learn? Wifi OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I like to watch lots of anime, play varsity tennis for my school St. Charles Preparatory, and play videogames (mostly COD on the 360). This is sort of random, but I work at McDonald’s. So, if you live in the Westerville area I could hook you up with a discount ;). I took breakdancing lessons for 3 years from 7th grade through freshmen year. I enjoy learning about anything useful except for history because it makes me fall asleep. The main reason why I have not posted anything on smogon is because I am new to the scene of competitive pokemon, and so, I would rather not embarrass myself just yet with nonsensical posts. Also, I would like to be tutored because I really want to get better at pokemon. I have put in many of hours watching youtube guides, reading smogon forums, and making my own sloppy teams. I feel that a one on one situation would allow me to learn the most about competitive pokemon, and it would help me create a unique team that fits my playing style. Once I am finished with my tutoring sessions, I would definitely give back to the community by tutoring others or posting tons of strategy guides about competitive pokemon. I think I have ranted enough about myself so I will just end it with this. 

Username: Bluewooper
Pokemon Online / Pokemon Showdown! Username: Bluewooper
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: I am in the EST timezone, but I have recently become a polyphasic sleeper, meaning that I am literally awake all throughout the clock.
What tier do you want to learn?: OU
Tell us a little about yourself I have been a member of Smogon for about two years. I have posted intermittently in the Rate My Team forum, and these are more or less my only posts. A large reason why I have signed up for this Tutoring program is because I really want to become more integrated with the community. I feel as if I have for so long just taken and taken from Smogon (things like looking at the Pokedex and reading all of the articles), and I never have been able to give back enough. I have always wanted to be able to contribute to C&C, but I have forever found the entire forum confusing for me to understand exactly how I could help. I would also like to have a tutor who could help me with my team rates as well. I hope that you would be able to give me a tutor who could do this for me. In the fourth generation, I had an astounding tutor, Bloo. Sadly, I never made the use of his near-celestial abilities. I guess in all, I am just a member who wants to learn enough about battling and about how to contribute enough to kinda pay back for everything that I have used the site for. Thank you.

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Username: EonX-
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: EonX
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: CST, flexible schedule
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 UU or BW2 RU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've played competitive Pokemon since DPP and have a good understanding of OU, but I want to learn about UU and/or RU. Hoping this can help me out with getting better in UU and/or RU.

Omicron agreed to tutor me for RU. (I'll take UU in another round.)
Omicron said:
Sure I can tutor you in RU for his next round. Be sure to edit your post that I agreed to tutor you :)

Username: SuperChillarmy
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: LavaPlume/Chillnavy
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: PST (GMT-8) I'm fairly free due to it being summer but i won't be able to get on for extended periods of time.
Tell us a little about yourself: Hey! I'm SuperChillarmy, and I'm really excited to get the opportunity to join tutoring! I've been playing competitive pokemon since late Gen 4, and I'm really into the new BW2 meta. The main thing I want to focus on is team building, as I feel I really need to improve in that area. I'm a quick and willing learner, and I can't wait to get started!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)