VGC '12 World Championships - Kona, HI, USA - WON by BlueCookies & Dimsun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Team Rocket Elite

Data Integration Thought Entity
is a Top Researcher Alumnus
He has Charizard too? I only saw Exeggutor. I love to see the classics getting some action!

The GameSpot announcers (lol) said that the hack check can give a warning of "likely to be RNG abused." Interesting... I wonder if a Pokémon has to be shiny to set that off, because if it's just IVs, I would think that every single Pokémon used at this point would qualify. I'm not sure what they could really do with this warning though...
They've said RNG is legal so even if they could they won't do anything.

Ray vs Wolfe, this is going to be good. Might not be on to watch the stream live, but it'll surely appear somewhere later. My Seniors predictions were off, I think that finals might be Dimsun vs Nachocheese. Juniors, too bad Babby lost, don't know about any of the others.

He has Charizard too? I only saw Exeggutor. I love to see the classics getting some action!

The GameSpot announcers (lol) said that the hack check can give a warning of "likely to be RNG abused." Interesting... I wonder if a Pokémon has to be shiny to set that off, because if it's just IVs, I would think that every single Pokémon used at this point would qualify. I'm not sure what they could really do with this warning though...
The same announcers said that it was pretty much necessary in order to play at this level. I doubt Nintendo cares as long as everything is legal. I wonder why they would have that kind of warning show up during a check, though. I mean, one really doesn't need to hack check a team to say, "this guy probably RNG'd his Pokémon".

Ray's team: Tyranitar, Garchomp, Cresselia, Hydreigon, Rotom-W, Metagross
Wolfe's team: Cresselia, Terrakion, Exeggutor, Charizard(?), ?, ?
charizard?

... what

I'm really curious what the set is, probably sunny day focused... anyone know or see it during his battles at all?

The same announcers said that it was pretty much necessary in order to play at this level. I doubt Nintendo cares as long as everything is legal. I wonder why they would have that kind of warning show up during a check, though. I mean, one really doesn't need to hack check a team to say, "this guy probably RNG'd his Pokémon".
Honestly, I think he's referring to Pokecheck, and not the official hack checker. It really seemed like it the way he was talking there.

Pokecheck does give warning messages like that.

I mean, Wolfe already gets +1 for using Terrakion. Then another +5 for Exeggutor. So strongth.

Also this just in:

ahahahahaha how apt

YARANAIKA

because ray, wolfey, <3 both of you and I'm looking forward to seeing you both next year when I win UK nationals or something or fail horribly and obtain daddy's money to get to wherever worlds is

i will beat you jajajaja

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
We're up to 50 people viewing this thread. A lot of times there aren't even 50 people on Smogon at once... lol.
... no.

Anyways, Worlds will be streamed 2 hours and 20 minutes from this post (do not be fooled; TCG finals are first, then the VGC finals later, at 3:30 in Hawaii, 6:30 PST, 9:30 EST). Looking forward to the final; will it be a threepeat, or will Wolfe score a regional/nationals/worlds combo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)