VGC Apprentice Program - Round Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solace

royal flush
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Welcome to the second VGC round of Battling 101. This round will run from the time pairings go up until September 23rd. We have some of the best tutors VGC has to offer, so if you're looking to learn the ins and outs of doubles, sign up now!

Use the following form to sign up.

Username:
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:
Division: (Masters: born 1997 or earlier or Seniors: born 1998 or later)
Tell us a little about yourself:
It should look something like this when completed:

Username: Solace
Pokemon Online username: Solace
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST 4 PM - 10 PM
Division: Masters
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a junior in high school and I love Pokemon!
Please keep in mind you must have access to Pokemon Online in order to participate. It's the most efficient way to practice when being tutored!

Username:Metroid78
Pokemon Online username:something with Xclus| in it
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:EST most of the day after 4:00 PM
Division:Seniors
Tell us a little about yourself:I'm a 13 year old boy that likes pokemon,soccer and other video games

Solace has agreed to tutor me

Username:Rockstar
Pokemon Online username:rckstar
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:EST
Tell us a little about yourself:Pokemon, Football, Music, FIFA 13, Football

Username: TV-Rocka
Pokemon Online username:
Porengan
GMT +1
Last year was my first VGC and I played a Gimmick Team with Latias and Spinda. I need a tutor, who shows me some special things about the VGC metagame.

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Username: macle
Pokemon Online username:
macle or moocle
4-11 (central)
Division:
masters
i wanna be the very best

Username: TheBattleRoom
Pokemon Online username: TheBattleRoom
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:Central 3-10
Tell us a little about yourself: Played VGC for one year and want to learn more about double battling.

USERNAME: OneActor
POKEMON ONLINE USERNAME: TheCapitolHG
TIMEZONE: UTC/GMT (-5 hours due to daylight saving time) - i live in texas...if that helps with timezone
HOURS OF AVAILABILITY: monday/wednesday - 9am-11am, 6pm-10pm
Tuesday/thursday - 6pm-11pm
Friday/saturday/sunday - depends on work schedule, which i will let my tutor know as soon as i have it (and i normally get it on wednesdays)
DIVISION: masters
ABOUT ME: im a freshman in college, and ive been playing pokemon ever since red/blue, but ive only recently been doing it competitvely. My first vgc was last year, and i didnt do too well hahaha. My regional happens in october (yikes!!!) so im looking for just some help to help me out and be the best like no one ever was. In addition to pokemon, i do theatre a lot, and i plan on becoming a theatre teacher. I also love harry potter, eragon, LotR, GAME OF THRONES, HUNGER GAMES. So yeah. Thats me :)

Username: Arcanus
Pokemon Online Username: Arcanus
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST 4:30-10pm
Tell us a little about yourself: I had a blast playing in two VGC tournaments last year but feel like I still have a lot to learn! I've recently become more involved with Pokemon with the introduction of the metagame and I want to embrace this aspect of Pokemon as much as I can. Going into my first year as a Master, I want to be prepared and battle with the best of them.

Username: hockeyguy605
Pokemon Online username: hockeyguy605
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST. Free basically whenever.
Tell us a little about yourself: Went 5-2 at the Philly VGC in April. Looking to do better this time around. Need some help in team building.

TheMantyke has agreed to tutor me.

Username: neut986
Pokemon Online username: Partarius
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: MST (GMT -6) , online most weekends and 4-6 & 7-9ish most weekdays.
Tell us a little about yourself: I've played Pokemon for a pretty long time, and have always been attracted to the doubles format. Recently the stars aligned really well for me to start playing in VGCs (A travel opportunity to an October VGC and a spring one coming to my hometown) , and I'm getting pretty excited about it, although I have a lot to learn.

Username: The Knights of Wario Land
Pokemon Online username: TKOWL
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST 4 PM - 10 PM
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been in VGC for two years now, went 3-4 at the 2012 Philly regionals, and I've been training and getting a lot better, but I'd like to have a little bit more help in battling. I'd also like this to help out my friend who's brand-new to VGC and competitive Pokemon, too. My priorities for tutoring aren't that high, so if the schedules are packed, I'll be fine for skipping out this time.

Username: kenkou
Pokemon Online username: kenkou
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 12pm EDT ~ till anytime in the evening, everyday
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm new to the competitive pokemon scene, but i've been interested in it for a while. I'd like to learn more about the game and its scene.

For my background, I play Starcraft 2 mainly. I enjoy learning the ins and outs of the games I play. I'd like to note, i'm still a complete newbie when it comes to competitive battling, so i'm hoping for someone who can teach me step by step.

Username: VentusVictory
Pokemon Online: Army of Six (PO)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST (-4) 5 am- 7am (every day)
What tier do you want to learn?: Seniors
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a new college student who has been a Pokemon fan since it came to the US in the 90s. I like not so typical tactics and avoid using Pokemon I can't breed (like Legendaries). Since I'm just starting college I don't have too sound of a schedule, so I'm fine with learning across time zones (hence my hours being early for me). I've played Singles most of my Pokemon career and would love to finally break into the world of competitive VGC. I love other video games such as Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy, and I also love the Harry Potter series.

Username: xblade356
Pokemon Online Username: xblade356
Your time zone and usual hours of availability: PST- (6pm-10pm) weekdays
( 10am-4pm) weekends
Division: Seniors
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm fairly new to competitive battling going 4-4 at the plesanton regionals. I want to learn more about VGC and how to get better while having fun at the same time. I still have a lot to learn, so I'm looking forward to it.

Username: Dietcoke101
Pokemon Online username: Dietcoke101/Lokos
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST
PO Time: Friday 4:30pm-6pm Saturday 8am-10 4:30pm-6pm
Smogon/Online Time: Sunday-Friday 3:30pm-11pm Saturday All day
Division: Masters :| I'm a ''97
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 14 year old guy. I'm in grade 11 in high school. I skipped grade 1. I'm taking grade 12 math. I get really good grades. I really like Pokemon and have been playing since I was little but competetively only about 1 year. I have a game from at least every generation. I don't have BW2 yet? I really wanna learn good VGC so I can do well at VGCs. I was gonna go last year but wasn't allowed :(

Username:LordDude
Pokemon Online username:Rorrim
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:EST Sun/Sat 6:00-10:00 Mon-Thu 5:00-7:00 Fri: 6:00-11:00
Tell us a little about yourself: My school as a Pokemon Society(Club) and we are going to the VGCs. I want to participate and want to make my school proud and have one of us place at least into nationals again.

Username: Diet
Pokemon Online username: Don't remember, but I'm pretty sure it's Diet.
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: PST, around 6 pm PST on
Division: (Masters: born 1997 or earlier or Seniors: born 1998 or later) Seniors.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a boy =/ I like Pokemon, obviously. I want to learn about how to play VGC (like, well.). I'm an Asian, and a bit of a nerd. (Stereotype ^_^) I enjoy Math, Soccer, playing the Pokemon TCG, and other stuff. :D Since I can't go to an Autumn Regionals (NorCal) I wish to learn all I need to do well at Spring Regionals.

Username: SinisterSundown
Pokemon Online username: SinisterSundown
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST 2pm - 10pm tuesdays and thursdays. Mon, Wed, Fri 10am - 2pm, Saturday 5pm - 10pm, Sunday Free all day
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a Martial Artist from FL. In College and really bored at home most of the time. I've been into Pokemon since Red but I have never had the chance to compete. This is my chance.

Username: Raqib
Pokemon Online username: Raqib
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: UTC 7PM - 9PM
Division: Seniors
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a pre-med student, I'll be at the regional tournaments in Houston, Sandston, and Madison.

Solace

royal flush
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Here are the tutor pairings for Round 2!

Metroid78 - Solace
-Rockstar- - Cybertron
macle - Human
Arcanus - TalkingLion
hockeyguy605 - TheMantyke
The Knights of Wario Land - Dimsun
kenkou - R Inanimate
LordDude - Maski
xblade356 - kingofkongs

Sorry to everyone who couldn't get in, it's great to see so many people looking to get into VGC. We unfortunately don't have enough tutors to accomodate everyone, but be sure to check next round to get your chance!

Happy tutoring :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)