Apprentice Program: Round Sixty Six

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username: MultX
Pokemon Online Username: Mult
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+4, 7:00PM-1:00AM
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU, BW2 Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: I am long-time pokemon competitive player, but feel that I still can't reach the next level. I want to participate in this, I believe, fantastic program to find out what I'm missing and how to fill this. OU and Ubers are the tiers I love. BTW, I am also fond of Pokemon TCG and I am russian.
Reason to be tutored (under 25 posts): The reason is I want to get better, because I didn't affiliate myself with the tutor yet. And exactly, I want a better understanding of the meta, because there are good number of players that outsmart me. I have so low post count because I don't feel myself to make good-quality contributions to Smogon.

Username: Dietcoke101
Pokemon Online username: Dietcoke101/Lokos
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST
PO Time: Friday 4:30pm-6pm Saturday 8am-10 4:30pm-6pm
Smogon/Online Time: Sunday-Friday 3:30pm-11pm Saturday All day
Teir wanted: BW2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 14 year old guy. I'm in grade 11 in high school. I skipped grade 1. I'm taking grade 12 math. I get really good grades. I really like Pokemon and have been playing since I was little but competetively only about 1 year. I have a game from at least every generation. I don't have BW2 yet? I really wanna learn BW2 OU since its right around the corner.
I signed up 3 rounds this year but still haven't made it as a tutee yet.

Application

Username: tjjerome
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: MrPopo314
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: MST (GMT -6), between noon and 5 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays, anytime after 4 p.m. on Fridays, most weekend hours, and anytime after 10 p.m. every day (this is a generalization, I almost always have a few more hours of free time during the week that I could be on as well)
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU or anything else if out of tutors, I've been kind of interested in LC. I just want to learn something
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a Mechanical Engineering major at South Dakota School of Mines and Technology, I am active in many clubs such as band, theater, and ultimate frisbee, I love video games, especially Pokemon.

I believe that I should be tutored because I go on almost every day to battle and could really use the help in team building and anticipating my oppenents' strategies. i know that there is a lot more that goes into competitive battling than what I've been doing and I would like to see what that other side is. I am hoping that this program will help me accomplish that.

Also, I was skipped in the last two rounds.

Username: explosivedot
Pokemon Online Username: explosivedot
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: MST (GMT -6)
I'm usually free anytime after 4 on weekdays, and All day Sunday. Sometimes on Saturdays when I'm not debating.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 NU (Maybe RU)
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been competitively battling for more than 2 years. I'm pretty tired of OU and Ubers, and I've gotten pretty good at those. I'm looking for an introduction to NU, and some help strategizing in the new metagame. I'm a sophomore in high school, I play baseball, and ski a ton in the winter. I'm also really into speech and debate, it's quite big here in Colorado. Also looking for some pokemon-interested friends to battle with and such. They're not so easily found.

Reason to be tutored (under 25 posts): I realize I'll probably be overlooked this round, but maybe this can make a difference. I love pokemon, and am fascinated with the strategy and tactics in this constantly evolving game. I, unfortunately, am enrolled in a very aggressive school program, however, and tons of my time is eaten up. This has resulted in me being a pretty sub-par member of the forums. I have a pretty relaxed schedule until debate kicks into gear, and my other obligations become more abundant. I fear that this may be the only time I am completely able to commit myself. I hope to be more active in the community, however.

Thanks for your consideration!

Username: Paolo
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Paolo, Paolo Test, Paolo ALT, etc
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 9am-4pm Tuesday to Saturday all day Sunday and Monday PST
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I like to think I am a fairly good battler but lack consistency. I have peaked in the top 50 several times on both PO and PS. Besides Pokemon I also enjoy watching sports and going to live concerts. I tend to go to local shows every week or so. I could really use a tutor that can help me increase my team building skills since I tend to just build tons of teams until something works.

I have been skipped at least 4 times this past year

Username: Jangrafess
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: MancunianHomesickEspeon
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT 0 (London) 6pm-11pm (not every night)
What tier do you want to learn?: BW/2 OU (no preference between the two)
Tell us a little about yourself: Reason I should be considered despite having only got a handful of posts: I haven't posted in over a year but I read smogon nearly every day. I often don't see the point in posting as I'm not good enough at the game yet and can't contribute to discussions. But I really want to learn now! The strategies and ways of working through problems and countering them absolutely intrigues me, but I'm definitely lacking the sorts of insight I'd get from conversations with a tutor. About myself: I'm not entirely sure what to say. I'm a good listener and an able student both online and back when I was at university in real life. I studied philosophy and have since been working a string of dull jobs. I play a lot of Nintendo games and spend time reading and trying to make a difference to the world through politics but I won't make anyone listen to me here! Usually reliable but I do go through periods where I'm incredible busy - I'll try and let you know in advance though. I like football (soccer), Doctor Who, drinking cider in parks and other very British things like that.

Username: Dallasboi1992
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Dallasboi1992
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Eastern Standard Time. Available 7-9PM every night
What tier do you want to learn?: OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I started off as a huge Pokemon fan at the age of 5. Been a fan 15 years and going strong. I started battling competitively late 4th Gen.

Under 25 Posts: I will be willing to learn from anyone because I want to get better at the game. I will do my best the be a great apprentice for my tutor. And I'm more of a reader than a poster. That's why I have sub 25 posts.

I also believe I was skipped in Round 62.

pick me

Username:Konekog
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:Konekog
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: CDT (-5GMT currently) availibility: 2pm - 11pm my time is ideal but I can make times outside of that happen as well
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU and BW2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I played pokemon in generation 1, but I am new to competitive pokemon battling. I love lots of different types of anime. I play lots of different video games(favorite types are turn based strategy, puzzle[portal(2)] type, DOA type) but I am primarily focused on pokemon currently. I will be getting the BW2 when it releases in US in October. I am currently going back to college for a degree in programming(have networking). I love logic puzzles. I almost always play all games with pandora on(i know there are better sites but i have had my account with pandora since before they had commercials and have that much set into the preferences).

Why I should be trained despite my low posting: I currently have not posted because I am afraid to give bad advice to someone(I would hate for someone else to suffer because I didn't know enough). I know a lot about pokemon(especially breeding and trading), but metagame and current competition strategies are something I am sure I need work on(although I have read a lot about evolving my playstyle beyond the type strengths but not really implemented).So why train me, because I want to become a contributing member of smogon(which I think is the best of all the goals of this program) and to do that I need help. It would also be awesome B-day gift to me since my B-day is in 8 days.

My goals:
Actually make a team instead of the mash of ideas running through my head.
I want to be capable of 6-0 in OU and to eventually do it on every tier.
Meet some people who like pokemon and like to think and talk strategy.
To enter the tutee tournament.
I would love to become knowledgable enough to become a tutor and will apply when I feel I can honestly help someone.

Type of tutor I would like:
I perfer my tutor to be at least 17 or older because I am already creepy enough playing pokemon at age 28
I would like to be able to converse with my tutor using a chat program like skype, team speak, or google talk, its a faster way of communication and my mouth can actually keep up with my brain where as my fingers don't(which might be evident by any grammar errors you find in this post).

Username: Puretrainer
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Fortunato
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +5 it varies depending on my work schedule
What tier do you want to learn?: Little Cup
Tell us a little about yourself: I used to play this game a lot then I got busy with life and I'm trying to come back by relearning my favorite tier! I'm 20 and I basically work to many hours do school work and somehow make time for my girlfriend. Its the standard american dream :P I also like to skate with what little free time I have!

* Username:EmperorMeiji
Pokemon Showdown: EmperorMeiji, EmperorTaisho
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:EST Week 3:30p.m-8:30p.m Weekend 10:00a.m-5:00p.m
What tier do you want to learn?:BW2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I’m thirteen and grew up with pokemon. Both my older bros have been playing since RBY and I’ve surpassed them in pokemon. In round sixty-five my tutor really helped with team building but I could still use some help with battling strategy.
Why I have less than 25 posts: I like reading articles and learning from them but writing stuff like that and rating teams, I feel is still beyond my knowledge.

Requesting Giga Punch

Username: relaunched
Pokemon Showdown Username: hypopnea
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT - 7, 12:00 PM - 5:00 PM, 8:00 PM - 12:00 AM
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Just started playing competitive Pokemon a few weeks ago, and have enjoyed laddering. Mostly, I want to improve my battling skill. Outside of Pokémon, I mostly play tournament Scrabble, do math, read, and sing.

Despite having fewer than 25 posts, I should be tutored because I am new to competitive Pokémon and excited about it, and because I am an eager and quick learner. I haven't posted because with a still limited knowledge base, I don't have much of value to add to a lot of threads yet.

Username: pielover12321
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: pielover
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST - 2 - 11 PM
Tell us a little about yourself: I like pokemon. I also play chess although I'm very rusty since I haven't played in a year or so.
Harsha agreed to tutor me.
Skipped last round

Username: PryorConvictions
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: PC2, PryorConvictions
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -6, 3 PM to 11 PM.
What tier do you want to learn?: DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I like offensive teams. Pokemon is a nice hobby that I enjoy next to sports and other trivial things. I hope I learn something from this.
<25 posts: When you're bad at Pokemon, you don't have much to post. Therefore, I don't have many posts, although I do get on this site everyday usually. I try to post when I can but that's just not possible when you want to look intelligent.
GigaPunch has agreed to tutor me.
Skipped last two rounds

Username: Regret
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Regret, RG2
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST; 3 PM - 10 pm
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a huge lurker. Pokemon is just a hobby of mine, but I still play it a good amount as it's one of the few videogames I'm interested in right now. I have a good amount of other trivial hobbies though.
I have less than 25 posts. :( - I don't believe that posts = activity. To be honest, there are some people on this website who only post for tournaments and are still active. I'm waiting until I become a better battler before I start posting on this website more and begin to contribute.
SDS agreed to tutor me

Username: UniUxie
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: UniUxie
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 5:00pm to 9:00pm
Tell us a little about yourself: Hi UniUxie and I like chess, reading books, and *Epic Facing* :D. I'm also a senior because I skipped my freshman year, but after this senior year might still stay back a year. I do have less than 25 post.
Less than 25 posts: To be honest I don't feel the need to have posts, and this the first time I've ever been tutored.

Dark Fallen Angel

FIDDLESTICKS IS ALSO GOOD ON MID!
Username: Dark Fallen Angel
Timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -3 (Brasília) - usually from 12:00 to 0:00. You are guaranteed to see me online after 13:00.
Pokémon Online/Showdown username: CutieBoyAnjinho (can also be CutieBoyDarkAngel, and in PO I usually have the {DB} tag because I am part of a clan)
Tier that I want to learn: BW2 OU (and also BW2 Ubers, but BW2 OU is still my priority, if I can't be tutored at both this time, I prefer to learn only OU)
Tell a little about yourself: As I said I am signing up to improve my battle skills. I am horrible at prediction (sometimes I face opponents that outpredict me, other times I face opponents that don't actually predict me but I try to predict them), and I am having difficulty in creating teams. My last team is now obsolete (I am no longer winning battles with that team) and I am having difficulty to create new ones, especially because I am having difficulty to fit Terrakion on my OU sandstorm team without compounding weakness to Fighting, Grass and Water. I am only an average player, I'm not bad, but I'm not good either. As about my favorite styles; I like offensive teams except hyper offensive, but I can also play with balanced half-offensive half-stall teams (I've battled with this sort of team a time ago, it was a mix of setup offense with hazard-stacking stall), but I don't like full stall. And I also always play with weather teams. In OU I prefer sandstorm (but I've played with rain and sun in OU), but in Ubers, I prefer sun.

Speaking of personal things, I am brazilian student, I want to be a voice actor and a mangaka. I like playing games and posting on sites.

Skipped at the penultimate round (I hadn't time to sign up the last)

Requesting Lavos Spawn

Username: pieguy13
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: pieguy13
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST 4pm-9pm
What tier do you want to learn?: BW/BW2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Love playing Pokemon, just got into the competitive scene this summer. Mulvone19 asked be to be part of his tournament that he's making so I'd like to get some OU training in.

Skipped last round

Someoneelse

Why am I here?
Username: Someoneelse
Pokemon Showdown Username: Someotherguy843
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+10, 5-10PM
What tier do you want to learn?:BW2UU or NU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a student in Australia. I just joined this site. I play chess, cricket and orienteering. In Pokémon, I generally use offensive teams so I would like to try a more stallish tactic.

I wanna be a tutee :D

Username:erica
Pokemon Online Username:[pcs] erica
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT 4-12pm most night and later on weekends.
Tell us a little about yourself:My name is erica, i love pokemon and really want to be tutored, i believe i am a fair battler but really want to improve my skills :) i have contacted dragonuser and really want to be tutored by him. :D

Username:Richardxia
Pokemon Showdown Username:richyxia
timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, usually 9:30pm-10:30pm weekdays most of the day weekends
What tier do you want to learn?:BW2 OU/UU
Tell us a little about yourself: Hi there, my name is Richard. I was a real pokemon fanatic about 3 years ago and started drifting out of it when BW came out, recently (just last week really) I got back into it and this time I'm taking a look at Competitive pokemon battling I played a couple of rounds on PS and it was really fun so when I found out about the apprentice program, I knew that I just had to try to join it. It would really be assuring and nice to know that some of the best smogon players may become my teacher in pokemon.

Username: Joel
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: "SkipTG" on PO, "Joel" on PS
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: US Central Time Anytime on Saturday and Sunday, evenings (after 6PM) on the weekdays
What tier do you want to learn?: B2/W2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I was boss in Gen 4, but in Gen 5, I focused on wifi Triple battles with GBU rules, so I have "fell off" as far as my Smogon Standard skills go. Looking for a nice little kick to get with the times around here.

Username:Executive Proton
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:Executive Proton
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-4 Available from 10:00am-12:00am
What tier do you want to learn?:B2/W2
Tell us a little about yourself: I am honestly a lonely teen who is a nice person but also shy. I have plenty of free time on me and would like to use it to better my skills. I hope I can have the opportunity to be tutored here.

Username:lokt
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:lokt
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:PDT, GMT-8, 2-6PM on weekends, 4-5 on weekdays
What tier do you want to learn?:BW2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself:I am 15 years old, I enjoy pokemon, tennis, and chess.
The reason I have less than 25 posts is because I don't have much to say due to a lack of skill. I've been playing since the beginning of BWOU, and I've really struggled with team building. I have would like to learn how to build an effective offensive team, because I like momentum and the high risk-reward aspect. I often end up making balanced/semi-stall teams because I don't know how to make an offensive team and end up trying to counter every threat. So I would prefer a tutor who plays offense.
I was skipped round 64.

Username: Pokemazter
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Orange Crush
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-7 I'll typically be available from 6pm until 11pm. Weekends will be longer.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 NU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm the underused workaholic. I want to be able to expand my tier knowledge, and NU is the only tier I haven't played yet. Whatever I put in last round's "Tell us a little about yourself" can go here too.

Username: Porii Sames
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: PSFZ on Showdown, un_apples on Beta/PO
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Central, 6pm-10pm on weekdays and pretty much anytime during weekend
Tell us a little about yourself: Off and on player, used to be one of the best DW players on Smogon and PO. I like movies and shit. Yeah.

Lavos Spawn has agreed to tutor me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)