Doctor Who

Keep in mind that next week's episode involves Weeping Angels, which send you back in time, meaning that there is a whole lot of potential mindfuck coming up.

EDIT: Oh, also that one episode in season 5 or 6 - don't exactly remember which - where the Ponds see themselves on a far-off hill and Amy asks, "We're still together in ten years?"

It's been ten years since then as of last episode.

;_________;

http://ofpotterandwho.tumblr.com/post/32252348985/ever-so-plucky

Bumping for another important post:

Three themes have been recurring through all four episodes of the season: lightbulbs, eggs, and Christmas. All three of them have been in every episode at some point, and whether they'll tie in to this week's episode or whether they won't mean anything until the Christmas special, I don't know.

Or they could just not mean anything, but come on. It's Moffat.

lightbulbs, eggs, and Christmas
or maybe moffat has some interesting fetishes?

I seriously doubt it though, I mean... alien eggs who invade during christmas and use lightbulbs to kill ppl?

Here's my spot: I don't really like the new Doctor Who or the current Doctor, my girlfriend and her friends and sister all watch Doctor Who and love the new stuff, but they take it as an insult when I make critiques or otherwise questions and they refuse to speculate, and went so far as to make 5 Doctor Who rules for me to follow so I really just can't watch it. -.-

Django

Started from the bottom...
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Only just got around to watching The Power of Three...and I genuinely thought it was going to be a two part episode or something.

Anyway, cannot wait for the Weeping Angel episode, they are probably my favorite villian / monster in the whole show, the concept just really plays on your mind. Please no more time mindfucks, last time was bad enough...

Dam its like Doctor Who made this an episode:

A great episode, giant statue of liberty is always cool. I love how they finally tied up Amelia as a child at the end, I always found it odd how after one supposed visit she got all those stories to go off on as a kid.

Limitless

Success is the best revenge.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I was pleasantly surprised to find out that the Doctor's wife got out of jail because the Doctor was erased from history. Am I the only one who thought this was very clever of the writers?

I was pleasantly surprised to find out that the Doctor's wife got out of jail because the Doctor was erased from history. Am I the only one who thought this was very clever of the writers?
No, I liked it a lot as well. It also immediately reminded me of how on the Dinosaurs on a Spaceship episode, Solomon couldn't find a price for the Doctor, and obviously the season premiere.

Ok, I liked that episode but at the same time there were so many things about it that didn't make sense or just didn't really work that I find it hard to justify my liking of it; I think it would have benefited enormously from being a two-parter (like last week's should have been), since there were so many features of it that could have been better explained or expanded upon. A few examples (spoiler ahead obviously):

-The statue of liberty ended up doing absolutely nothing other than be a somewhat menacing visual gag (plus how was it even able to move when, as the doctor said earlier, it's in the city that never sleeps and there's bound to be someone looking at it at all times, even at night).

-After Rory was displaced, he literally just walked into the hotel for no reason, which is just supremely lazy writing (with a two parter I doubt it would have been too difficult to come up with a reasonable motive)

-The angel at the end, aside from not having any reason to be there given that the paradox eliminated any reason for the angels to be in the city, could not possibly have sent Amy back through time since the Doctor and River were looking right at it when she turned around. Seriously Moffat, how hard would it have been to get Amy to convince the Doctor and River to turn their backs on her so that she could be with Rory? Instead we end up with a scenario which completely ignores the fact that the angels can't move if someone's looking at them.

-The collector character was really badly developed and felt like a rehash of that guy from the series one episode 'Dalek'. Plus, he just had Rory put in the cellar for no reason at all, which was a real dick move on his part (and River let it happen, too)

I don't want to come off as excessively nitpicky, but I just can't ignore how weak some of the writing in this episode was. Fortunately there were lots of good things to counterbalance these: the Ponds' sendoff was handled well, as was the scene on the roof; I liked the use of the book, which was a clever little device; the Doctor's frustration with his inability to do anything was really well conveyed throughout; I like how unprepared and confused Rory was since he'd never actually come across the angels before unlike Amy, etc etc.

-The angel at the end, aside from not having any reason to be there given that the paradox eliminated any reason for the angels to be in the city, could not possibly have sent Amy back through time since the Doctor and River were looking right at it when she turned around. Seriously Moffat, how hard would it have been to get Amy to convince the Doctor and River to turn their backs on her so that she could be with Rory? Instead we end up with a scenario which completely ignores the fact that the angels can't move if someone's looking at them.
If it survived the paradox - as the Doctor seemed to believe - it would have had a particular grudge against Rory & Amy, because they caused the time paradox that made all its fellow angels disappear.

I do agree that it was very lazy writing to have it send Amy back while River and the Doctor were looking at it.

If it survived the paradox - as the Doctor seemed to believe - it would have had a particular grudge against Rory & Amy, because they caused the time paradox that made all its fellow angels disappear.

I do agree that it was very lazy writing to have it send Amy back while River and the Doctor were looking at it.
It seemed like Amy was looking at it when Rory was sent back in time too. Earlier in the episode one of the baby angels blows out the match Rory is holding while he's looking at it. Apparently the angels can do everything except move when you're looking at them. It's a really lame explanation since they're supposed to be solid stone, but the only other thing I can think of is Rory was blocking Amy's line of sight initially, and Amy did the same to the Doctor before she was sent back. River said it was her best shot so she probably did look away. It's not well explained.

There was one bit in the new episode where the Doctor was straightening his bowtie by looking at a plaque in the TARDIS. The plaque said that it was manufactured by Rolls-Royce. Any significance to this?

Yeah I think the line of sight being blocked by Amelia was the reason it was able to move.

To be honest the thing that has kind of bothered me with all the recent angels, and that they kind of forgot that they are suppose to be weeping! Does everyone forget that if an angel looks at another angel, they both are locked forever!

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
There was one bit in the new episode where the Doctor was straightening his bowtie by looking at a plaque in the TARDIS. The plaque said that it was manufactured by Rolls-Royce. Any significance to this?
I'm not sure how important that tidbit is, but near the beginning of the episode one of the Chinese plates changed to "Rapture of Summer." The phrase wasn't mentioned again in the episode aside from the name of the hotel, Winter Quay (which is only slightly related). It's possible that the phrase will show up again.

It seemed like Amy was looking at it when Rory was sent back in time too. Earlier in the episode one of the baby angels blows out the match Rory is holding while he's looking at it. Apparently the angels can do everything except move when you're looking at them. It's a really lame explanation since they're supposed to be solid stone, but the only other thing I can think of is Rory was blocking Amy's line of sight initially, and Amy did the same to the Doctor before she was sent back. River said it was her best shot so she probably did look away. It's not well explained.
Keep in mind that in "Blink", an angel was able to turn out the light without having to move.

Rory's dad should just meet up with Donna's grandfather. They would be a hell of a pair, I think old people are the only ones that can truely appreciate the doctor lol.

Also

No love for DoaS? It was camp to the extreme! AotD made the daleks scary again! TCM was awesome without using cliches! PoT I give you, though.

Also, hello, page 4!
what the hell is this person saying

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)