Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because I am strange, I am issuing a third challenge.

2v2
Singles
2 days DQ time
Abilities = All
Items = Training
1 recovery, 3 chills
Arena = ASB arena

Assuming a pokemon without evolutions counts as FE I'll take the challenge above.

EDIT: Totally misread your post Matezoid ignore this post

And on that note I'll offer up an open challenge

2 vs. 2 Singles (20 Moves or less)
2 days DQ
Abilities = All
Switch = KO
Items = Training
2 Recovery, 5 Chills
ASB Arena
Assuming VentusVictory's edit means this is still open, you're on.
Looking for a ref if anyone's up for it

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
Quick, while I'm still in line!

1v1 FE Singles
1 Day DQ
Subs = 1
Abilities = All
Items = All
Switch = lol
Arena = ASB Arena

All right time for a rematch
Challenging Deck Knight to round 2!

3v3 Dubs
NFE/LC
3 Day DQ
1 Substitute
Training Items
Unlimited Chills/Recoveries
Arena

Ethereal Dome:
Welcome to the Ethereal Dome! In this Arena Those that take to the skies have a decent advantage, while those stuck to the earth have a harder time fighting. Inside the dome, we have a lake that is 100 feet by 100 feet, with a small island in the middle that is 25 by 30 and raises 20 feet out of the water. Around the edge of the arena there are extremely jagged rocks useful for decoration or attacking. The ground is made up of two thirds thick, short, soft grass and one third is soft earth easy for digging. But the real action is up in the air. The Dome has a special sphere that allows air currents to be created and they tend to favor those using bird pokemon(mind that people, bird not flying). and will the manager will create air currents making some flying type attacks hit more accurately and harder(Resulting in an increase to Fly, Bounce, Sky Drop, Aerial Ace, Wing Attack, High Jump Kick, really any moves that require that you take to the air). They also enjoy making a bit of rain, or sun for the birds to revel in.

Summary
-Lake with island in the middle
-Jagged rocks surronding the arena
-Dig takes 2 less energy to do
-Earthquake loses 2 BAP
-Moves that require you to take flight or to the air have their BAP increased by 2 and their accuracy increased by 10%
-25% chance of Rain or Sun being created 50% they leave it alone

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Well RoyalKevin, if you think the air will be your refuge...

Abilities=All
Switch=OK

Challenge Accepted.

Seeking a quick match.

1v1 Singles (I'm using a maxed out Haxorus)
1 Day DQ
Items=Training
Abilities=All
Arena=ASB arena
Switch=I dare you
Recoveries/Chills=0/0

Well everybody, it's finally time for:

Maxim's 2K Extravaganza! Okay so it's my 2001st post, so sue me.

6v6 Singles
2 Day DQ
Items=On
All Abilities
2 Substitutions
Switch=OK
Unlimited Chills/Recoveries
Arena: Oracle's Tower

After such a long journey...you're finally here.

Before you stands a tall stone tower, reaching up into the heavens. Once, this place had held significant meaning to the people that had inhabited this land before. They're all gone now, but this tower stands as a testament to their achievements. You're not sure why your opponent challenged you to a battle in this place, especially considering the rocky terrain you had to traverse to get here, but you go inside.

Once inside, you see weathered paintings and ancient runes inscribed on the walls. After taking a quick rest from your journey, you begin the arduous task of climbing the tall tower's many floors. Eventually, you manage to climb to the top of the tower, an open air vista. And what a view it is! Aurora's adorn the night sky, and a fierce wind blows through the arena. On the other end of the arena, your opponent, Maxim, greets you.

"Ah, so you've finally arrived. Well, let's not waste time with words, let's battle!"

As you grab your pokemon, you notice a few things about the arena:

First, the mysterious aura surrounding this arena appears to give every Pokemon the ability to see the future. As such, all Pokemon learn Future Sight, regardless of whether they can naturally learn it or not. Even stranger, the move works off of their higher attack stat, as opposed to being a strictly special move. Additionally, it can be combined with any move, regardless of whether that makes sense or not. This move will act at the same time Future Sight hits, and works as normal

For instance, if one were to combine Focus Punch with Future Sight, then at the first action of the following round, Focus Punch would charge up as normal. If the user is hit, Focus Punch goes away, otherwise it combines as normal. Energy is consumed when the combo is ordered.

Second, these auroras have a strange effect of their own. Every round, at the end of the previous round (or the beginning of the match), each team has a 10% chance, rolled individually, or contracting an Aurora Burst. This increases the base stats of the Pokemon by 1 for the entirety of that round.

Third, these winds are quite fierce, Each round, after actions are completed, there is a 10% chance of Razor Wind hurting each Pokemon team, calculated once. Strangely, these winds are only as powerful as their opponent, and thus have an effective special attack stat as the Pokemon's special defense stat (basically, just ignore the stat difference part).

Fourth, you notice that the arena is in perpetual night for some odd reason. Because of this, Moonlight and similar moves work at full effectiveness. For some strange reason, Morning Sun and Solarbeam also work as if it were a sunny day. However, Fire moves are unaffected unless Sunny Day is used, but this has no effect on the other conditions which already exist.

Finally, Digging up on the top of this tower is a very suicidal idea.

Can you hope to win Maxim's 2K Battle?

Summary:

• Future Sight is given to every mon, and it can be comboed with any move. It works off the user's higher attack stat.
  • 10% chance of Aurora Burst happening on each team before each round
  • Fierce Winds wrap around the Arena, causing a 10% chance during each round to damage all mons with a Razor Wind at the same special Attack stat as the pokemon's Special Defense Stat. STAB is applied.
  • The arena is at Nighttime, making Moonlight and similar moves work at full effectiveness. Curiously, moves such as Morning Sun and Solarbeam also work at extra effectiveness. Fire moves are unaffected unless Sunny Day is used, in which case all other effects remain the same.
  • Dig will result in instant death

All right then, 2000 posts, this is quite crazy even for me. I would never have gotten here if it weren't for ASB that's for sure! I joined Smogon a number of years ago after searching for some Shaymin movesets for a "competitive team" (for reference, this team included Shuckle and Blissey...). At first, I dismissed Smogon because I thought it was some weird psychology project made by an actual university! How crazy is that? Thankfully, I soon realized my error and have been part of Smogon ever since.

My early years here were kind of on and off, mostly just me trying to craft competitive teams that I could then train for in-game stomping of my friend. Sadly this never really happened because my friend mostly retired from Pokemon. I joined the competitive scene shortly after Garchomp was banned. For a while, I challenged people on Shoddy Battle with my first ever team of Aerodactyl, Cresselia, Porygon-Z (later switched to Heatran), Salamence, Scizor, and Togekiss. This team actually worked pretty well for the longest time. In fact, I used it a couple times past it's supposed "prime" and it still worked reasonably well.

After that, my time here gets kind of blurry, I crafted a few other teams, but never found much success with any of them. Then I signed up for a Battling 101 round. My first experience with it wasn't that great, as I wasn't particularly active and I never got around to meeting with my tutor, Great Sage (or something like that). Thankfully my second experience with undisputed turned out much better. With him, I crafted a pretty unique Dragon Dance Tyranitar team with a Leech Seed Protect Shaymin that worked wonders. Once 5th gen rolled around, I tried a couple of teams, most notably a Sun team, but got bored of the constant weather battles. Currently, I spend what little competitive battling time I have into BW UU.

Well, sometime while I was waiting for 5th gen to stabilize, I didn't really do that much in the forums. I checked up on it occasionally to read some analyses and such, but wasn't posting for a long time. Eventually in my boredom, I clicked on some subforum calling itself CAP ASB. I saw a couple of battles there and was instantly hooked. A short time later, I created my profile with the mons Larvesta, Budew, and Privatyke. A nice fire water grass core to start out with I figured. Later on I went around buying more Pokemon like crazy, notably Stratagem and Snorlax. After seeing how good Stratagem was doing, I started going for the Rock gym, but lost interest after some time for various reasons. Too much competition I think. Then I looked at Snorlax and the lack of viable competition in the Normal group and started buying Normal mons. I was a bit worried about Rolf, who at the time was going for the gym and was supposedly very good, but he apparently went inactive, and now my biggest threat is probably Yarnus. Well, a few things happened and in my boredom I started checking out the raid zone, which I had mostly ignored, and I got hooked on that too. My first raids weren't too successful, getting murdered by Moltres and then by Ho-oh and Lugia before finally succeeding against Moltres with Leethoof I believe. After that, I joined forces with a specific other ASB personality to take on Frozen Vault.

After that, I found the Free RPG group, a newly created group dedicated to having some fun RPG's. I figured "why not?" and signed up, where I met a lot of great people on the forums. If you're wondering where the Soldiers of Gaia team got their name, it was from the first of the RPG's we had there, Bending Past Breaking. Frankly, it's one of our longest and most successful RP's, generally involving a plot involving a monster awakening deep beneath the earth and some...for lack of a better term "mutants" called Omnipotes. It's better than it sounds, believe me. Currently, the group is in a bit of a slump, but we're aiming to get out of said slump with a new PMD based RP. Everyone is welcome to join.

Regardless though, you guys are the best forum I think I've ever seen, and I hope to keep it that way!

Dogfish44-The aforementioned raid partner. I actually didn't know you that well until you decided to ask about doing a Frozen Vault Hard Mode raid. After that, we became best buds...to an extent. :P
Veil of Maya-The leader of Free RPG, and one of the few female Smogonites that I've had the pleasure of meeting. A very kind, sweet person, though she probably has the worst luck in the world. If you're seeing this Maya, just make sure not to worry about life, everything will fall into place eventually.
Demo Gorgon-The second in command of Free RPG, usually takes over if Maya is having problems. He's a pretty cool guy, and is the owner of our Classic Pokemon RPG, which keeps stalling. He needs to post more, but otherwise is an overall great guy!
King Serperior-What a screwball. :P In all seriousness though, he's also pretty cool. He regularly posts in Free RPG (up until recently), and is one of the few from that group that does ASB. His battling skills could use some improvement, but he's an okay battler nonetheless. Also, hurray for Maxim the Dewgong in Nuzlocke Scramble!
Complications-Another one of my Tourney teammates, too bad he got faced up against guys that quite frankly outclassed him. Also a regular poster in Free RPG.
Team Magma Boss Maxie-Probably the craziest guy I know on the forums. At one point I joined his 2nd attempt to revive Team Magma and it worked...sort of.
undisputed-Congratulations on winning the world tournament buddy! My best Battling 101 tutor and all around great guy. I've not been able to beat him too many times, though given his accomplishments I shouldn't be surprised. Haven't talked to him much recently though, and I probably should.

Honorable Mentions:
Rediamond
Dark Pulse
Axmaster68
Flamestrike
Brotom
Battlestar
Venser
vonFiedler
Aura Guardian
Deck Knight

Well, that's all for me, tune in next time when I hit 3K :P.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)