Seasonal ladder December planning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yo guys Birkal sucks at life and is making me post a thread here for December ladder. I want to hear some of your ideas and what you think would be stellar. I'm probably just going to throw a bunch of pokemon together this round and see where it goes: my current idea is:

Holidays Yay!

king pokemon
ice-types
all pokemon with present.
delibird present 200 BP
star mons
pixies
probopass
chandelure(?)
deerling / sawsk
stantler
snorlax

I'll be making custom movesets for these too, hopefully.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
-Rapidash as one of Santa's mons in the anime
-Any fatmons
-Hitmonchan:

14:47 WildEep don't forget
14:47 WildEep hitmonchan
14:47 WildEep BOXING DAY

Cherubi has the most resemblence to a mistletoe. Chimecho is obvious. Pokemon with healing wish might set a good example for the christmas spirit.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Arceus because God. Castform would be cool too (must have Hail). Maybe Empoleon too? Miltank and Exeggcutor because of eggnog.

Just spitballing ideas.

The Geodude family. Because you can paint them different colors and use them as ornaments.

Bonsly and Sudowoodo. Besides Snover and Abomasnow, we need trees. Sudowoodo can be a charlie brown christmas tree.

Here are some possible Pokemon with justifications ranging from surprisingly sound to drunk

Crawdaunt: because he has a star on his top :D
Chatot/Meloetta: Carolers
Skymin: Reindeer
Victreebell: Is stocking
Claydol: DREIDAL DREIDAL DREIDAL
Torkoal: Coal in the stocking
Garbodor: Christmas = most trash enducing holiday ever

\maybe edit with more

Matthew

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Do you guys still want randbats or would you rather build teams around this?

Edit:
Regardless of randbats or not arceus will not be allowed. If randbats I can probably make an okay enough set for darkrai

Ho-oh because Hohohohoho motherfuckers.

On a more serious note(If that's even possible), Chandelure looks like it might fit for christmas, since it's a lantern, and it's a ghost.

Conkeldurr looks like it might fit, because it has a red nose and its hands are frozen to its pillars. Also Hariyama, although that might fit under 'fatmons'

I would rather be able to make teams for this tier. Random Battles are fun, but I like being able to make my own teams and seeing what other people use. It makes the tier itself much more fun to explore.

Matthew

most of you are suggesting things which I've already included in my opening post. Which I don't understand. I don't want to make the metagame so reliant on Chandelure if I include it and if I change it to create-a-team style instead of randbats.

I'll continue to play around with ideas though.

BurningMan

fueled by beer
Actually it would be kinda cool if each battle had hail by default.
Seconding this. Also leave Darkrai out it really doesn't has much to do with christmas so i why bother giving it a non broken moveset just for the sake of using it. I would also leave it at randbats because with teambuilding it will propably get highly centralized and most of the pokemon wouldn't see any use at all wich would be really sad, because most of the fun comes from playing with ridiculous pokemon you would other wise never use.

breh

強いだね
Agreeing that Abomasnow should be on every team; what is Christmas without a tree? If you decide to allow Darkrai, just make all sets generated with Dark Void have it replaced with Blizzard or (if you want) Ice Beam. Weavile's not broken and Darkrai has approximately equal power / speed, to be honest (Darkrai is about 1.08x stronger; Weavile has Night Slash / Ice Punch / Low Kick and Darkrai has Dark Pulse / Blizzard / Focus Blast).

It would also be pretty cool if we could have two versions of this, randbats and unrandbats.

Also needs Gardevoir (there are some jesus comparisons that can be made; this resulted from the suggestion of mons with healing wish made above). Xatu as one of the wise men?

In case it's forgotten, Jirachi should be there.

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I would rather be able to make teams for this tier. Random Battles are fun, but I like being able to make my own teams and seeing what other people use. It makes the tier itself much more fun to explore.
Seconding this.

Which I don't understand. I don't want to make the metagame so reliant on Chandelure if I include it and if I change it to create-a-team style instead of randbats.

I'll continue to play around with ideas though.
At least Snorlax is there. But yeah, that's a legit concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)