Gen V Balanced Hackmons

Status
Not open for further replies.
I battled that Assist Kyurem-B team and lost...so annoying.

I think Prankster Heart Swap is better than Unaware Heart Swap, and is therefore more of a concern. Why does Judgment beat Prankster Heart Swap and Imposter Blissey?

P.S. I also made an account to post in this thread, lol.

I apologize if this has already been said somewhere else, but does sturdy sheddy not longer work? I just had him die to a contrary latios V-Create.

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Judgment beats Impostor Blissey because Blissey won't have the correct plate, and will be stuck with a Normal-type Judgment.

Heart Swap, I have no idea o_O

I thought Assist Kyurem-B was fixed. Unless you're talking about it using a move other than Freeze Shock.

Also, yes Sturdy is bugged now. I'm not sure of the extent of the bug, but I heard that standard metagame FEAR pokemon were also not benefiting from it, so it may have somehow lost its Gen 5 functionality.

Level 51

is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
(1) Assist Kyurem-B refers to Outrage + Prankster
(2) PS! is having trouble with Sturdy and Focus Sashes, gl all

I think Prankster Heart Swap is better than Unaware Heart Swap, and is therefore more of a concern. Why does Judgment beat Prankster Heart Swap and Imposter Blissey?
I meant Judgment with a Spooky Plate and a Ghost-type/Multitype Poke. With Judgment and Aura Sphere, you get neutral coverage on everything not named Shedinja, and when an Imposter Poke switches in, they have nothing to hit you with. My Gengar set for example is Skill Swap (swap them Normalize for a free turn of setup), Judgment, Aura Sphere and Shell Smash. You will not believe how many teams I sweep with that. Usually it gets one or two kills, often with one of those being Blissey/Chansey. When I said Judgment beats Prankster Heart Swap, I meant Punishment. My bad - went and fixed that.

Anyway, I was battling and saw what I believe to be the best Arceus set ever. So I stole it and put it on my team.

Arceus @ Lum Berry
Trait: Unaware
- Quiver Dance (they were running Calm Mind, goodness knows why)
- Cotton Guard
- Recover
- Dragon Pulse

I played against the same person later and it was his last 'mon. Thankfully, I was able to PP stall it with a combination of my own Arceus and my Chansey, but I literally had no way of KOing it. I will add Toxic to my team somewhere.

Thanks for the clarification, Aeongate. Toxic is also good for Sturdy Shedinja, so yeah, I would suggest adding it.

Punishment is intriguing. Has anyone had success using it, or is it too gimmicky? You would need something really fast with good attack power and maybe a Scarf.

Oh yes, also, has anyone tried Sniper + Storm Throw/Frost Breath?

Madness (Kyurem-Black) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sniper
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
Lax Nature
- Storm Throw
- Frost Breath
- Spacial Rend/something else useful
- Roost

Leech Seed is generally better for Sturdinja. It KOs it through its Lum Berry and it isn't blocked by Safeguard.

The Auto-Crit moves aren't powerful enough to be worthwhile as you can just pick a the strongest moves of each type. It might have some use against defense boosters but it doesn't seem worth an ability considering there are better options (i.e. Heart Swap or Phazing Moves.)

Okay, that makes sense. However, I would argue that Sniper Frost Breath > Blizzard and Sniper Storm Throw > Hi Jump Kick, but I see your point.

Okay, that makes sense. However, I would argue that Sniper Frost Breath > Blizzard and Sniper Storm Throw > Hi Jump Kick, but I see your point.
You have far better abilities to use. Why use Sniper when you need to use FB or ST with it? And those are the only 2 moves that will reliably make use of it.

Crits are double the regular strength and ignore def/spd boost. Sniper makes it triple. Storm throw is physical and 40 BP. So, it is basically a 120 BP move with sniper. And needs to be on a physical mon to make the most of it. And on a fighting-type. Frost Breath is in a similar situation.

Being someone who tested the idea out months ago, Sniper anything is just not worth it. There are far better abilities to include on a pokemon using Frost Breath or Storm Throw. You need to use White Kyurem or Conkeldurr, respectively, to make them worthwhile anyways. There would need to be a 60 BP guaranteed crit to make it worthwhile.

Having been playing this and Pure Hack for about a month now, this is the best tier out there. It's so much more fun coming up with sets and gimmicks that haven't been gift-wrapped by GF than dealing with OU tryhard kids, struggling to find a Pokemon that happens to fit into your strategy, rather than being able to mold anything to it.

I was disappointed when I discovered that Forecast only works on Castform. I was hoping to make a Mewtwo Forecast Weather Ball set with Hail, Rain Dance, and Sunny Day, for an ever-changing STAB 100BP 100%acc move. Is this an engine limitation, because Forecast actually transforms Castform?

Having been playing this and Pure Hack for about a month now, this is the best tier out there. It's so much more fun coming up with sets and gimmicks that haven't been gift-wrapped by GF than dealing with OU tryhard kids, struggling to find a Pokemon that happens to fit into your strategy, rather than being able to mold anything to it.

I was disappointed when I discovered that Forecast only works on Castform. I was hoping to make a Mewtwo Forecast Weather Ball set with Hail, Rain Dance, and Sunny Day, for an ever-changing STAB 100BP 100%acc move. Is this an engine limitation, because Forecast actually transforms Castform?
In the pokemon games, Forecast has only been coded for Castform. Much like Multitype was only for Arceus.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
No this is PS emulating correct game mechanics. Anything that results in a forme change is limited to the Pokemon it was intended for. W/ regards to previous conversations, 100% Critical hit moves + sturdy cap out at 120 damage, and as such aren't worth dedicating your ability slot to.

That being said, what do you guys think about Eviolite Chansey (She retains the Eviolite boost after transformation). I played around with it for a while and was really disappointed. More often than not, I found issues with Chansey getting slept (something my previous Lum Berry Blissey didn't care about) more so than I saw Blissey getting outkilled.

Level 51

Usually, my Eviolite Chansey just goes and Transforms into a Magic Bouncer, so status isn't an issue. Also, I've been noticing an upward trend in hazards (usually including Toxic Spikes), so as you can imagine, Sleep isn't a big issue for me.

I've found that even if my Eviolite Chansey is put to sleep it's bulky enough to survive until it wakes up (although I have to be careful nothing sets up on it.) And, as Level says, it will often transform into a Magic Bouncer and generally its easy to guess if something is Prankster.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Imposter Blissey is pretty easy to deal with to be honest. If it's copying your boosting sweepers, run Spooky Plate Gengar or just use Substitute. If it's copying your walls, run Leech Seed (assuming your wall doesn't have Magic Bounce). Whatever it's running, Imprison is pretty dandy too.

Oh I agree that it is easy to deal with, simply by making sure you can counter each pokemon in your own team. I just find it to be an annoying pokemon as so many people just shove one in their team without any thought as to how it actually fits on the team...

Arcticblast

is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Revenge killer or scout. Easy.

Picking the moveslots is actually important on ImposterBliss though. In case you can't transform into the opponent it's either Belly Drum Illusion Slaking (resulting in a dead Blissey) or you can take a hit moderately well. I typically run Aromatherapy / Wish / Volt Switch / weather move. Since Lum Berry only works once, status-based teams can be pretty damaging, so Aromatherapy is a great lifesaver. Wish is always useful. Volt Switch lets you get the hell out in case you predict wrong or it's actually a Sub+Shell Smash Groudon and not Prankster like you thought, and the weather move is great for messing with opposing weather teams or killing/saving SturdNinja.

Has anyone tried dedicated Trick Room or Gravity teams? Seems like it'd be far easier to construct a team for one or the other seeing as the moves are no longer limited purely to the Pokes who naturally get them. I feel like a defensive Gravity team could do very well with three layers of spikes on the field and phasing all over. Just those rare Magic Guard Pokes that'll give you major trouble.

Trick Room would be good because most Pokes will have max speed with a speed-boosting nature - the only exceptions will be the tanks such as Registeel, Shuckle and potentially Giratina. Outspeeding things is so key. Another thing I've noticed is that good Balanced Hackmons games are really really long, and as a result, hazards are very important. I win most of my games with at least one layer of Spikes and Stealth Rock up on the opponent's field.

Arcticblast

Trust me, Trick Room in BH is really restricting your options unless you go ahead and use base 90s. You're basically limited to Escavalier and Shuckle for common BH Pokemon, and good slowmons outside of them are things like Snorlax.

Normalize Giratina+Skill Swap. Have a boosting move like QD or DD and you can get an easy boost or two. Just be wary of Imposter Blissey, which is why I usually carry a Prankster Destiny Bond user on this team.

Arcticblast

It's an awesome strategy on Gengar - moreso than Giratina, really. Giratina can tank pretty much anything that isn't Outrage or Draco Meteor, so it has several opportunities to set up. Gengar, however, is frail as hell and is entirely dependent on scaring something out to set up. Skill Swap + Normalize not only screws over whatever switches in, but can also be used to mess up Shedinja.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)