Refreshing Christmas Jams

It's that time of year when Christmas is still weeks away, but commercials, department stores, radio stations, etc. insist on playing the hell out of the same 100 or so versions of Christmas songs on loop. There's a wealth of lesser known Christmas jams that certainly need more loving, so I figured it'd be fun for everyone to share their favorite hidden Christmas gems.

I'll kick things off with a few~

[youtube]MFxFvg62v6U[/youtube]

My favorite Christmas song. Any garage enthusiasts should check out Merry Christmas, a joint album by The Sonics, The Wailers, and The Galaxies ^.^

[youtube]WWXslmrB7IE[/youtube]

Sweet, simple, clean New Wave merriment :3

[youtube]EDjW8_pleZU[/youtube]

A true Jamaican classic here. The Maytals are adorable n.n

So, what are some of your favorite Christmas gems? Let's boogie! ~(^.^)~

Chill Murray

get well soon jacoby..
[youtube]XSH9ryRzHQ4[/youtube]

For those of you that don't know the story of Santa Claus (and his old lady)

This year I thought that with all the bands I listen to, one of them is bound to have a Christmas song. So I found
[youtube]T1zMY1tbftE[/youtube]
Excellent band, mediocre song. And unless you've listened to Swan Songs a few times you won't understand all of the humor of the song because it references multiple songs from that album. Sadly, I didn't find any other songs, except
[youtube]9Fjik78LapA[/youtube]

Bad Ass

Custom Title
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 2nd Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
well ole sufjan just released a giant christmas album. it's five of his EPs from the past ten years about christmas, has like fifty fucking songs. if you like christmas music check that out

Chill Murray, I love you. I had no idea that anyone else ever heard of that song, lol. Considering all the movies they made, I never understood why that didn't at least become a TV special.

Anyway, this one's one of my favorites. I got like a whole CD of weird Christmas music (that also has the Cheech and Chong one on it), so this post is definitely the first of many.

[youtube]-_9rSGpXN6o[/youtube]

EDIT:

[youtube]l2oPio60mK4[/youtube]
This one is pretty funny for all you Canadians out there.

Trans Siberian Orchestra is always worth listening to. Probably best known when the one dude set up his Xmas lights to one of their songs (Wizards in Winter), but all 3 of their Christmas albums are great.

alamaster

hello
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
[youtube]IHOTA4ySBSk[/youtube]

I have always loved this one....don't judge me

edit: I take offense to that doom, you big meanie

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
i am the worst

[youtube]VSkUAdZBlBk[/youtube]

This band always cracks me up. I hope you enjoy as much as I do, haha.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This thread needs some seasonal Hawaii humor

[youtube]d0m_Kw1DAYE[/youtube]

May you all have a merry "Filipino Christmas"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)