Apprentice Program: Round Sixty Nine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username:RandomName12321
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:TEGYellow/Kale12321
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST -5, 4pm-10pm
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 NU
Tell us a little about yourself: I have finally got into the pace of BW2 OU and wanted to try out NU. I have played it some, but not to much success. I don't do much out of school, so I have a lot of free time. I play Viola in my school orchestra and I also play saxophone in Marching Band. I am in 11th grade.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yeah I will.

I was skipped last round.

Username: HuntSaboteur
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Homusubi
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT (Britain), usually on Pokemon sometime around 7:15 and 9 pm
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 RU, might need testing on the basics but generally advanced level
Tell us a little about yourself: Yes, I'm that HuntSaboteur, the founder of the Smogon democratic movement, although this application has nothing to do with my Sakamoto Ryoma-type incidents. I'm also established as an RU battler, but I still want to learn a bit more about the tactics as I've been losing quite a few battles recently... Also, I have a doraku about Entei, so don't expect me to make any teams without it.

P.S. As you may have already gathered, I'm a Japanophile, and people might have to get used to my frequent use of Japanese terms. I'm not a faker, I actually am learning the language.

Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Occasionally, but I have too much seppuku-inducing evaluation outside of Pokemon to write reflections frequently.

Username: Skamory7
Age: Not supposed to say, but younger than all the people here :)
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: [PM] Skamory7 or anything with Skamory7 in it
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST (GMT-5), available 5:30-10:30 all week every other week
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself:I'm a young person, though I've been told I act older than my age. I've lead 2 successful clans, and am about to lead a third. I've peaked at 1750 on PS!, and I've been told in my RMTs from some rates that the team would have potential to ladder really with them, so I think my problem is that I need battling skills and more experience (I have battled since July). I'd prefer somebody around my really young age (if there is anybody) and somebody who can show me battling skills. Thanks!
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Uh, sure.

Username:Mylo Xyloto
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:Mylo Xyloto
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT+2 from 15:00 - 20:00
What tier do you want to learn?:BW2 NU and BW2 RU
Tell us a little about yourself:Well eh... I'm 15 and play Pokemon. I started playing competetive Pokemon June 2011 and joined the forums a year later. I love music especially Coldplay hence my username.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure?

Username: Grimsly
Pokemon Online/Showdown name: Ryuzaki San
Time-zone: GMT+5
Availability: 10pm-2am (GMT+5) otherwise I'm able to go on any time of the day.
What tier do you want to learn?: Id love to learn DPP OU and expand on the current Gen5 UU metagame.
Tell you about me: Well im just a normal person haha always strive to do well however laziness often hinders that so yeah, love my music, love art and playing sport! (also hanging with friends :))
Willingness to do Tutee talks: of course!
Why my post count is low: Well im constantly active on PS itself as I'm also a voiced member on there to. I have few posts, since i generally dont find much to comment on! I have posted a RMT for NU, and found that wonderful, also posting in the bugs/glitches forum aww yeah, otherwise i always mean to post more on various forums haha. Also you might see I didnt post a 'shoddy' username required for DPP OU, well that can be sorted out so long as a tutor is willing enough! :) thanks for your time!

LilOu

PO poopyhead
Username: LilOu
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: LilOu
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:23:03 AM. Usually after school, like 6:00 pm and Saturdays.
Tell us a little about yourself: IB student :[ I play Pokemon since i was 5 but i play competitive since 2012, January. I like to play guitar and stuff :] NOT BAD. I know a lot about Ou and have been in some minitournaments but i think that there is a lot to learn yet.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Not bad c:

I posted this latee im hoping i can get in

COOL TUTORS ONLY :]

Username: zukai
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/: zukai or ushiro
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+ 1, 4pm to 8:30 pm, free nearly always on weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU and maybe DP Ou if there is time
Tell us a little about yourself: I was born in England but my family moved to Spain 6 years ago, I enjoy tennis, karate and football. I've lurked for a while so i know all the rules and i won't be horrible to work with.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:Yes, it would not be daily though.

i was skipped last round. i would like to request BKC as a tutor

Quote:
Username: rustysneakers
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: All4G0dsGl0ry
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: wedenesday and Friday nights from 4 to 10. Weekends from 8 am to 4 am. I am Rocky Mountain standard time.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a senior in college studying music. I have tried getting a tutor before with no luck. Need help with building teams and some predictions.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: sure

Username: Yomegami
Pokemon Showdown Username: D.L. Yomegami
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5:00 (Eastern) timezome. My sleep cycle is a bit whack, so the times I'm available at tend to vary. As of now, though, I'm available from 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a college-level, socially-awkward male who's currently seeking a degree in computer science and creative writing. I've been playing Pokemon since summer 2011 (read: not incredibly long), and been following competitive Pokemon for most of that time. While I've been lurking at Smogon for a long while, I only joined and started actively battling fairly recently (I think about 2 months or so ago). I'm seeking to learn BW2 to primarily help with my team building skills (I feel like I'm dedicating too many team slots to hazard maintenance), but some general help would be appreciated as well.
Why I've less than 25 posts: As previously mentioned, I'm socially awkward and really don't feel knowledgeable enough to contribute to most of the discussions. That said, I have been lurking here quite a while, and I have a few decent (at least, to my observations) teams on Pokemon Showdown.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure. Why not?

Username:TheBlueShirtKid
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: "-Rai-", "Rai", or "Rai."
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Eastern Time Zone (I am in PA currently) and really any time during the weekend, but on week days only after 4 PM my time.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU, BW2 UU, BW2 LC
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm 17, and have recently been accepted to the Culinary Institute of America where I plan to take an Associates Degree in Culinary Arts. In my spare time in college I'd like to start up a Youtube account for Pokemon, but since I'm no good at it. i need someone to teach me. This is also the reason why i do not post alot. Because I don't really know what I'm talking about... I really need help in team building, so if someone could help me out that'd be great! I also take Tang Soo Do, and currently hold a 2nd Degree Black Belt in the Art.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: I don't know what that is, but surely!

Dark Fallen Angel

FIDDLESTICKS IS ALSO GOOD ON MID!
Username: Dark Fallen Angel
Shoddy Username: CutieBoyDarkAngel
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 12:00 p.m. – 3:00 a.m. GMT -3 (Brasília)
Tell us a little about yourself: I am an average competitive battler, and despite all my contributions to Smogon, I am only an average player, with prediction problems (that's why I like to use things like Dugtrio, Pursuit, and VoltTurn, to ease prediction), and I also have problems when trying to use anything other than sandstorm teams. I've tried, but I am much more accustomed to use sandstorm. I also have a terrible problem of "six-Pokémon syndrome" (if there were seven slots for Pokémons on my team, I would be certainly able to create the perfect team). If you were to judge me from what I know, I would certainly be one of the best trainers from Smogon.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: I had problems understanding what I have to do before, in relation of "evaluation posts", but this is easier to do than the latter. So, sure!

Username: pokeuser7878
Pokemon Showdown Username:Pokeuser7878
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT 4-5:40 then 6:30-8:30
What tier do you want to learn?:BW2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself:
Im a guy who likes to get things sorted, I am quite competitive when i want to be and i try to make good predictions but never end up in my favor so this is the metagame i'd like to learn as well as taking on some good team building skills
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:Sure why not?

Why i should be tutored whilst having under 25 posts:
I should be tutored because im a nice guy who would love to get some experience in the metagame as i would like to start laddering and playing professionally on pokemon showdown

Username: DarkArtsMaster
Pokemon Showdown Username: DarkArtsMaster
Timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-6, late in weekdays, anytime really on weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: OU, BW, ADV, any and all types of OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Good CC player, decent LC player, love heavy metal music
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Willing, hopefully able too

Username:gaddster03
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:gaddster03
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: gmt +/-0 4:30 pm - 9pm (weekdays) most of the time weekends
Tell us a little about yourself: Not to sure what to put :/, i would like to learn how to play BW2 OU as i am new to competitive battling
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:Probably, is that like an evaluation?
25 Posts: I am new to joining smogon and mainly lurking to learn about the game

TPO3

Never practice; Always perform.
Username: TPO3
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: TPO3 or Teapot
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -6, late evenings on pretty much any day. (like 8 or 9 PM and later, depending on work.)
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a music major which is why I'm only available on evenings. I spend most of the day either practicing or working. I'm a kind of relaxed guy, and I like to chill and have fun. I started playing competitively during the DPP era, and I've just kind of followed ever since. I like to play UU a lot, but I've always been no better than an "average" OU player, which is why I'd like to learn.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yeah, sure.

Been skipped all 3 times I've applied, although I haven't applied in a while.

Username: typon77
Pokemon Showdown Username: typon77
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 3:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. GMT -5
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 UU or BW2 RU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a junior in high school, pretty active in school and music. I have a lot of downtime now since cross country has ended and would like to get better at battling. I've had some decent teams with peaks well above 1900, but it takes me many tries to build teams that actually work. I started playing pokemon competitively at the end of DPP, right before the Salamence ban, so I've been around for all of BW.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure

aim

pokeaimMD
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Username: aim
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Joey.
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT - 5 pretty much all day on weekends unless i have plans haha
What tier do you want to learn?: adv ou. Sir agreed to tutor me
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing pokemon for a while and i heard that adv was the best gen/tiers to play so i want in :]
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: yup

Username: LivingRhino
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: LivingRhino
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1, 5pm - 10pm except Mon- and Tuesday. Weekend is a free pass
What tier do you want to learn?: Anything. Just, anything. B2/W2 NU or UU is my preference.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 17-year old male, living in Belgium; my pass-times are gaming and playing guitar. I've been a gamer my whole life, since my neighbour put a GameBoy (an original grey one) in my hands. I was 6 months old at the moment. The first game I ever played was pokémon Blue, and I never stopped playing Pokémon after that. Anyway, I study Math and Science in my last year in high school and I'm going to study Digital Arts And Entertainment next year. The reason why I want to learn to play on your level, is because it intrigues me. I watched a lot of videos lately on YouTube, Haydunn, ThePikaWu, Shofu, theKillerNacho, the whole shebang. I want to be able to do that. So, here I am.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:
I'm willing to get active on the forums, although I'm quit shy on forums. I'll find my place eventually. Yes, I'm willing to do tutee talk threads.

THE REASON WHY I SHOULD BE CHOSEN EVEN THOUGH I'VE GOT LESS THAN 25 POSTS
I'm a nice person, if you get to know me. Special sort of humour. I want to know this game by heart, like you guys do. You inspire me alot, and it's the first time I've felt so... enthousiast, even though I play Guitar Hero in competitions. That means alot to me. If someone is willing to take his chance with me, well, here I am. You'll have a hard time cracking my nut, but I assure you, it's going to be worth it.

EDIT: If anyone has any questions, you can PM me, I'm willing to answer :)

Username: blaaz
PO ps shoddy user BL44ZT3HPR0
Timezone and availability gmt-5 everyday

Tier: BW OU, ubers
Tell us about yourself: I got into pokes a few years ago but I never really learned how to play and stayed average at the game. I like the idea of being able to be tutored so I wanna give it a shot.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors? sure

I couldn't c/p on my phone sorry

DragonUser agreed to tutor me

We unfortunately do not have any BW UU tutors at the moment, so sadly, a lot of people that signed up for that metagame did not receive tutors. The timezones were also very wonky this time around, so some pairs might have a bit of trouble getting in contact, but there's not much we can really do about that. I apologize in advance if this happens to you, but if you're having major problems scheduling, I'll give tutors a new tutee and tutees will get priority in the next round. That being said, here are the pairings for Round 69:

Tutor - Tutee [Metagame]

ala - Shining Latios [BW OU]
blarajan - TWEWY [BW RU / BW LC]
Delko - Psycho Cut [BW OU]
Django - LivingRhino [BW NU]
dragonuser - blaaz [BW OU]
DTC - Constantinipple [BW NU]
Elevator Music - Rokaru [BW LC]
Fiction. - Trainer Au [BW UBER]
Funkasaurus - The Unlucky one [ADV OU]
Giga Punch - NahimC [BW OU]
Go10 - Governess [BW UBER]
H-C - ChronusGreed [BW OU]
Harsha - Redew [BW OU]
HellPowna - Skamory7 [BW OU]
HSA - Danmire [BW UBER]
Huntofthelion - BlackRussian [BW OU]
idiotfrommars - AerialLight [BW OU]
iss - ___ [BW LC]
JabbaTheGriffin - DarkArtsMaster [ADV OU]
Jirachi - Neliel Tu Oderschvank [BW OU]
Lavos Spawn - Riles [BW OU]
Molk - Mylo Xyloto [BW RU]
mostwanted - pokemon0078 [BW OU]
Ojama - Robo-Ky [BW OU]
PDC - feordis7 [BW OU]
Poppy - White symphoni [BW UBER]
prem - TheBlueShirtKid [BW LC]
Raseri - RandomName12321 [BW NU]
Sayonara - MaximizedGamer [BW OU]
Seven Deadly Sins - TheSuperSaiyanBreloom [BW OU]
SkyNet - gaddster03 - [BW OU]
Sir - aim [ADV OU]
TEzeon - Kiyo [BW OU]
The Great Mighty Doom - Morgenstern [BW OU]
Windsong - TeraVoltage [BW RU]
Vinc2612 - zukai [BW OU]
yee - Sciztar [BW OU]
Zebraiken - Kennen [BW NU]

Limitless

Success is the best revenge.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
The battling 101 staff has made posts in each tutee's thread regarding any further questions we have. Please look at your thread to see if we asked you any additional questions.

If no questions were asked in your thread, you did a great job at telling us how your tutor did!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)