Megadeth.

Altmer

rid this world of human waste
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Megadeth have put a lot of good stuff (viz. Rust In Peace, Countdown to Extinction, United Abominations (imo)) and a lot of crap (viz. The World Needs A Hero, Cryptic Writings, Risk.). I'm not an uber big fan of the band, but I regard Rust In Peace as their magnum opus.

Nothing beats Tornado of Souls and that nasty solo.

did you guys like the new album? I love it, it's so much better than the system has failed.
still isn't as good as rust in peace, but truth be told (heh), will they ever be able to do such achievement again?

New album is fucking amazing, infact i'm already doing a review for it.

Holy Wars...The Punishment Due is their best song, imo.

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Megadeth kicks ass and is one of those bands I should listen to more. You either love or hate the vocals though, I think.

I like Megadeth. I haven't heard a lot of their shit, but from what I have heard they are a good thrash metal band. Let's see, I've heard Hangar 18, Symphony of Destruction, Die Dead Enough, Trust, and maybe a few other odd ones that I can't remember. I remember Hangar 18 and Symphony being pretty badass.

Altmer

new album is decent but megadeth will never reach their old heights again though. i think it comes behind rust in peace, countdown to extinction, maybe youthanasia/peace sells as well.

I only have CtE so far. I like the songs Skin o' My Teeth and Symphony of Destruction but normally find I want to listen to something else since I haven't been in a metal mood lately.

I've been trying to get Rust in Peace but could only find the expanded edition which is crap as I've heard, compared with the original recording.

^ wow are you weird or what?

I've been a fan of Megadeth since I was little. My bastard dad used to play Megadeth all the time in the car, so I grew up with Rust in Peace/Countdown/Youthanasia. I've been using the Megadeth forums for over 3 years now, and I still think its one of the best message boards on the internet.

United Abominations is horrible. It honestly sounds like a Nevermore/Eidolon album. Megadeth was never a band to release a completely mid-paced album, this just bored me to tears. Only the first two songs caught my attention, after that it just settled into this pattern where you could sort of expect a mid-paced riff at the beginning, a little variant on the riff for the verse, and a slower breakdown somewhere in there in every song. Even The System Has Failed had some faster, more up-tempo songs, making it a bit more tolerable.

Altmer

I only have CtE so far. I like the songs Skin o' My Teeth and Symphony of Destruction but normally find I want to listen to something else since I haven't been in a metal mood lately.

I've been trying to get Rust in Peace but could only find the expanded edition which is crap as I've heard, compared with the original recording.
Expanded edition is fine as long as you stop after Rust In Peace... Polaris.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)