The Walking Dead Thread - Spoilers ITT

I am pretty certain myself that Daryl AND Merle will join back with the group in effort against the governor. The only think I can see is that Merle might Betray them or even both the Dixon brothers will betray Rick if the opportunity arises. Honesty I would just have let Merle come to prison. You can lock him up like you do with half the people there atm 9.9
Carol seems pretty susceptible at the moment, it seems literally everything she has worth living for is gone. Makes me wonder why the episode is called the suicide king....

You can honestly see Daryl betray the group? Hell naw.

Sure he left with Merle.. but wouldn't you if it was a quick decision and you just realized your brother was alive after all this time during a zombie fest?

I can't see Daryl convincing Merle to do anything.. but maybe Merle will realize the Governor is a prick and needs to die, will help out, and then all will be friends.

Redew

κακκῶ σεαυτόν
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
tbh i think that daryl with realize how much of a dick merle is being, leave him / knock him out, go back to the group, and everything will be fine unless merle followed them to the prison and told the govenor. if he tells the governor i think that he will go there with him, attack, and if the group escapes then the governor will kill him or merle will die to daryl's crossbow.

my previous post was the only thing i knew from the comic, so nothing else i say will be

also it wasn't really revealing anything but okay

I am pretty certain myself that Daryl AND Merle will join back with the group in effort against the governor. The only think I can see is that Merle might Betray them or even both the Dixon brothers will betray Rick if the opportunity arises. Honesty I would just have let Merle come to prison. You can lock him up like you do with half the people there atm 9.9
Carol seems pretty susceptible at the moment, it seems literally everything she has worth living for is gone. Makes me wonder why the episode is called the suicide king....
Honestly dunno why they even bother having Carol alive still and not randomly killed off, she's always been useless and dependent, and like you said pretty much has no reason worth living after Sophia died; t-dog was far more useful, hell the black prisoner that died after about 3 episodes was more useful than she's been over 2 seasons. Not to mention any potential budding romance between her and Daryl is just flat out creepy IMO...

Man those last 15 mins were intense. I was pretty sure Daryl wouldn't be gone for too long, but I didn't expect Merle to come back with him. Glenn was on Rick level of annoyance this episode, I hope it was just a one time thing, and on the flip side, I'm to feel super bad for Rick. Though, I think the gun fight at the end broke him out of it.

Honestly dunno why they even bother having Carol alive still and not randomly killed off, she's always been useless and dependent, and like you said pretty much has no reason worth living after Sophia died; t-dog was far more useful, hell the black prisoner that died after about 3 episodes was more useful than she's been over 2 seasons. Not to mention any potential budding romance between her and Daryl is just flat out creepy IMO...
Two-dog man, Two-dog.

Redew

κακκῶ σεαυτόν
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
If they've kept her alive this ling then they are obviously keeping her alive for something important.

Not to mention any potential budding romance between her and Daryl is just flat out creepy IMO...
Why?

Not every character needs to be a bad ass. It's important to have the weaker people like Hershel, Beth, and Carol. If there was no one to protect then they would just be able to roam around like Daryl and Merle were planning to do and there would be much less drama.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I don't understand why every character must serve "a purpose" or something. It's only logical that some physically weaker individuals would make it through the zombie holocaust. And did you see Carol show Axel how to use the gun? She has obviously learned her shit. She was also being trained as Hershel's assistant, so she can be of assistance there. Besides, I've always thought that more characters are better. Nobody wants to see a show where all the "useless" characters get killed off, because then you'll just have about 6 or 7 people running around, and that will get boring quickly, because then no one is expendable.

And fucking RIP Axel. I'm really pissed they killed off all the prisoners, especially just as they begin to flesh them out with backgrounds. So annoying, kill Rick instead or something.

Yeah I totally agree. I finally was happy Rick's group realized that they are short on man power. I was thinking this literally since season 2. There really is only about 10 of them and only 5 really able bodies fighters. It was a dumbass move to get rid of Tyreese's group but I guess they will be back soon. Good thing they have Daryl back and now with Merle, they are going to need every man they can get. I have no idea how he group is going to fix the prison... There gate is gone and apparently the front of the prison has a big opening. They need to take the fight to Woodbury. Destroying there walls wood do a lot more damage to Woodbury than destroying the first layer of prisons gates.

Also love the interaction between Daryl and Merle. I like Merle's character mainly because of his remarks that makes me laugh. "They can at least give us am enchilada or something" lol

Haha yeah, I love the brothers dialogue. So glad Daryl ultimately became his own even with Merle all around him trying to talk him back to how they were before.

Agree with all that has been said.. they really need to bulk up their squad, because as we can see now.. it's really not just.. be strong enough to survive zombies, but to survive other humans wanting to be superior as well. Loved the episode.. and it seems like Rick got a wakeup call and is ready to fuck shit up.

I really enjoyed this episode, one of the better build up ones. Interesting to how each of the groups are now being armed to the teeth. Poor Rick's group though, they are pretty outnumbered. Rick was a dumbass to kick out Tyreese and his crew out. The next 2-3 episodes should be really good.

I think I know for certain what next weeks episode is about. Here is a spoiler for it.
Rick goes back to his hometown and finds Morgan. However Morgan seems to be almost crazy. I heard that Morgan doesn't even come back with the group :/

I really enjoyed this episode, one of the better build up ones. Interesting to how each of the groups are now being armed to the teeth. Poor Rick's group though, they are pretty outnumbered. Rick was a dumbass to kick out Tyreese and his crew out. The next 2-3 episodes should be really good.

I think I know for certain what next weeks episode is about. Here is a spoiler for it.
Rick goes back to his hometown and finds Morgan. However Morgan seems to be almost crazy. I heard that Morgan doesn't even come back with the group :/
I didn't think the episode was all that good. Very cliche moments, generally with stuff that I don't want to happen (Tyrese heading to Woodbury, etc). Looking forward to next week though.

Damn. Rick really blew that..the gang is joining the Gov. + they also want to kill Rick's group.

Andrea is still annoying and it's a shame she pussed out and didn't kill the Gov when she had the chance.

Curb stomped zombie made me a bit uncomfortable.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
They'll use any excuse to show blatantly unnecessary gore.

I don't know if that was a body stand-in for Laurie Holden, but GODDAMN I wanted to tounch that butt.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
it was blatantly obvious she wasn't going to do it, from the very second Carol even suggested it to her

I wish I didn't see that coming, but come ON

Django

Started from the bottom...
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
yeah I dont think I actually expected her to do it but like, there was still some optimistic part of me begging her to. I guess I'll just assume that from now on the characters will go out of their way to fuck things up for everyone else and make the worst decisions possible

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)