Apprentice Program: Round Seventy One

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username: Flaresun
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Sunflash
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +4, available on evenings and weekends.
What tier do you want to learn?:BW2 NU / RU
Tell us a little about yourself:I'm from Russia, studying for a journalist, breaking all national stereotypes and dreaming to move out of here. I mostly play Ubers and UU, and I'd love to discover more tiers.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:Yes
I was skipped in last round

Username: aussieman000

Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: aussieman000
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EDT (UTC+11, we go back an hour in a month though). Usually available all evening weekdays and all day weekends, though I live on campus so activities can be a little unpredictable.

What tier do you want to learn?: VGC, I'm hoping to enter the upcoming International challenge with a bit of practice and theorymonning to prepare.

Tell us a little about yourself: I'm studying Business in Australia, a career I happened upon after realizing all the time I spent researching metagames in Pokemon, as well as other games like M:TG and Yugioh was teaching me useful skills.

When it comes to Pokemon, I have always spent a little too much on the research side and not enough on the practice though, and I think joining the Apprentice Program would help give me the confidence to make the time spent researching useful.

Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Of course.

Username:Vinjal
Pokemon Showdown Username:vinjal
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:US eastern 4pm to 10pm
What tier do you want to learn?: b/w 2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing Pokemon since Red and blue, but I just got into the competitive sceen . I would like to learn some of the ins and outs of the stratagy in battle and how to build a well balanced team
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: sure

Bluwing

icequeen
is a Tutor Alumnus
Username: BROStime
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: BROStime
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1, 5pm - 2 am
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: Hello im guy from Norway and im working as an car mechanic. In my freetime I like beeing with friends, skateboarding and of course play pokemon.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes.

Username: Psylink
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: >psi< or That's Not True
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Pacific Standard Time Monday-Tuesday- 3 PM-7 PM, Wednesday-Thursday- 4 PM-7 PM Friday- 4 PM- 10 PM Saturday-Sunday- 9 PM- 7 PM
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a fifteen year old guy who likes Pokemon, school, swimming, Zelda, Metroid, Minecraft, and many other things! I'm very easy to get along with, and hopefully you can bear my love of puns. I enjoy listening to Deadmau5.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes!

SoulWind

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis the 6th Smogon Classic Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 32 Championwon the 9th Official Ladder Tournamentis a defending SPL Championis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Championis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
Username: SoulWind
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: SoulWind
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1, I'm fre every afternoon and some times at nights.
What tier do you want to learn?: DPP OU, got tutored some rounds but I was a bit inactive for my tutors so couldn't learn too much, I'm fine now.
Tell us a little about yourself: I've played Pokemon for nearly 3 years from now, I'm studying in high school and I like music, football and go out there with friends, all that stuff.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure thing

I'd like to have BKC or Ace Matador (if he's here still) as tutors if possible.

Username: Cherub Agent
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: CherubAgent
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+1 5pm-12pm
What tier do you want to learn?: ADV OU / DPP OU. I keep hearing that ADV OU is the best meta Smogon ever had, so I regret not being around for it, and would definetly love to learn it. I first started out in DPP but haven't touched it since BW came out, which is a shame (I've really more or less completely forgotten it)
Tell us a little about yourself: Well I have a Mentorship profile with more details... suffice to say I pretty much get along with everyone and play primarily for fun. I think this would be a great opportunity to get to know some new people too
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Course

Username: abszs
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: abszs
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT 7-11
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself:I've been playing for a few years and I want to get better. I'm not the worst player but I'm not the best either so I want to develop my skills further. I've been interested in competitive battling recently.

Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors? yes

I have less than 25 posts because I watch over threads more and I don't feel like I can offer a lot right now but after developing more I should be more active

Username: Homeslice
Pokemon Showdown Username: Homeslice37
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5, 5-9 Weekdays, anytime weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: OU, UU, LC
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 15 year old guy who was on smogon when I was only 13 for about a year, took a break from Pokemon and now I'm back. I've only got a decent understanding of the OU/UU metagame still, and have never known anything about LC. I occasionally sprite (even though that's dead on smogon now) and run track.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Absolutely.

Username: Teuz
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:
Teuz/ [Test]T
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:
GTM +1, Monday-Thursday 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. Sunday 3:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
What tier do you want to learn?:
BW2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself:
I usually play on Pokémon Online simulator, but I haven't a lot of time for training and when I do it alone I haven't good results lol
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:
Yes
Under 25 Posts:
I have this account from two years but i never posted in smogon, I come here to see some teams or news about suspect Uber. Now i want learn more about the metagame BW OU

Extra: I'd like to have Hellpowna as tutor

Username: Living Things
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: living things
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+1 4-12 pm
What tier do you want to learn: ADV OU, DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing BW for 1 1/2 years now and i want to get better in older gens. I'm a decent player and want to develop my skills further.
Outside of pokemon i go to school and my hobbies are playing soccer and reading books.

Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors? yes

Also just for information i got M Dragon as ADV tutor few rounds ago but we had problems to get in contact because i didn't know about IRC yet and we were both busy back then.

Sapientia

Wir knutschen
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Username: Sapientia
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Sapientia
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+1, usually afternoon/evening but depends
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU (or whatever will be played in tour season 15 lol)
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm battling for a while (you might remember me ^^) and just want to learn bw for the tour.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: yes

Username: Hideous
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Delta / *random nick* / --
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GTM +1; Monday [14.30-20] / Wednesday [14.30-20] / Friday [14.30-20] / Saturday [14.30-20] / Sunday [it depends]
Tell us a little about yourself: I usually play on Pokémon ShowDown; I'm a quite good staller (or half-staller?)
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Teuz advised me to ask for HellPowna

Edit: Teuz just told me that I should say why I've got only 1 mex...
I never frequented this website's forum because I wasn't interested about it before today (before today I just used Smogon to consult its folder). Do not consider this sentence in a wrong way :)

Username: Limititations
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: PS: Limiting
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -6:00 Central & Canada. Will be available most nights, however it will vary as my work schedule does. weekends are usually good during the afternoon. again there will be some variation, as I am a college student and working.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU or Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: Well I am 22 years old, and am a student majoring in Computer Information Systems. Some of my interests include programming (it is my major after all), music, i used to be in band as a percusionist in highschool. Other games i play when i'm not playing pokemon include, Call of Duty MW3, I can't stand black ops. I also play Dofus, a french strategy game that I started playing with friends a few years back. I have been interested in pokemon since I was a little kid, however i did not take interest in it competitively until a year or so ago. I
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes I will.

I am under 25 posts as i feel i lack a lot of the in-depth knowledge that should be given in RMT's of why one pokemon or move set should be chosen over another, or how team symmetry helps with certain pokemon threats, this is more so in Ubers, as i have little knowledge in that tier what so ever. reasons on why I am not active on other threads, is generally by the time I get to them what I have to say has already been said, and in most cases I would rather not clutter an already cluttered thread with reposts of an idea. Also while I am not new, as a user, my activeness and getting involved with threads along with getting on PS is very new, as I am still trying to get used to all the threats that have been introduced and the ever shifting metagame.

I was skipped in round 70.

Username: Paolo
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Paolo, Paolo-Test, etc
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: PST 11am-4pm, 12-2am, hours vary based on work
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU, VGC 2013
Tell us a little about yourself: I have been playing competitive Pokemon for a few years now and have been fairly successful laddering however as of recent I have been slipping. I also spend a lot of time at different music events.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes

Dark Fallen Angel

FIDDLESTICKS IS ALSO GOOD ON MID!
Username: Dark Fallen Angel
Age: 17 (I am going to be 18 years old on March 14, my birthday)
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: CutieBoyDarkAngel
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 11:30 AM to 1:00 AM usually. On saturdays however, I am usually not avaliable until 6:00 PM.
Tell us a little about yourself: I've already talked a lot about me on past tutorings, though this time, I repeat what I said; despite the knowledge that I have, I am having difficulty trying to "translate" this knowledge on battle skill. As I said on the past, I have a problem of "six-teamslot syndrome", that said, I have problems creating teams because with only six teamslots to cover everything, I feel that there's always a metagame threat that I fail to cover. I have problems with things like predicting, also, I have a fair share of problems that I would like to talk with my tutor about.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Now that I understand all the process, I am able to do this. Yes.

I have been skipped on the past 2 tutorings. There was also a tutoring that I wasn't skipped but my tutor never contacted me.

Username: Raichoice
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Raichoice
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST USA and most the time
What tier do you want to learn?: RU
Tell us a little about yourself: ive been playing pokemon for awhile a i cant seem to get a hold of playing right
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: sure, just tell me how

Username: Xheadhonchkrow
Pokemon Showdown: Xheadhonchkrow
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: m-f after 3:30 and any time on the weekend.
What tier do you want to learn?: VGC 2012/13
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: of course.
Tell us a little about yourself: I have signed up for this once before in October. I am asking to be tutored on vgc because mine is coming up on april 14th and i was skipped the last time i signed up. VGC 101 has been down for some time now and I was hoping to learn more before going to my first VGC.

Username:Ashley11
Pokemon Showdown: Ashley11
Your Timezone and Usual Hours of Activity:
I am GMT-5 and I am available usually 5:00-8:00 Monday Through Friday and All Day Saturday.
What tier do you want to learn?
RU or LC(LC more)
Tell Us A Little Bit About Yourself. I am a 17 year old girl that plays pokemon XD. I play the piano, violin, I sing, I play soccer, basketball, etc. I already play NU and I am pretty good at it, and I have played RU and LC before but i know i could be a lot better.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors? Yes

Username: Spritecheat14
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Spritecheat14
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:EST, 6:00-11:00, or all day on Weekends
What tier do you want to learn?:BW2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Well, I'm 13, and I've been playing Pokemon since the Third Generation. I do, however, have games from all generations. I got into the competetive field of Pokemon in the summer of 2012. I play all tiers, but I want to improve in OU and be able to play better.

Reason for under 25 Posts: I just usually don't go on Smogon forums. When I do go on, I usually lurk and read others' posts, but I don't post that often.

Username: Branny00
6Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Branny00
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, 3:30 PM-9:30 PM (Weekdays), 8:00-9:30 (Tuesdays), Changes on the weekends
What tier do you want to learn? BW2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I haven't played Pokemon until 2011, and then I didn't get into it competitively until last August. I want to learn BW2 and get better, especially at team building.

Username:HollowKiller912
6Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:HollowKiller912
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Pacific (Weekdays), 4:00-8:00 (Tuesdays), Changes on the weekends
What tier do you want to learn? BW2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I haven't played Pokemon until 2011, and then I didn't get into it competitively until last August. I want to learn BW2 and get better, especially at team building.
I play OU and VGC
✞ I am proud to be close to Jesus Christ!✞

Username: Not Jacky
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: (too many to count - current alt is green screen)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT - 6. Hours of availability differ greatly, but usually after 4:00 PM (16:00) is fine.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 UU
Tell us a little about yourself:
I like Pokemon, and this is the last year I'll have a lot of free time to play it (difficult course load next year). I've feasted upon strategy games for as long as I can remember, from Pokemon (duh) to Fire Emblem. I also love English - writing is an oft-overlooked art.
I consider myself a decent player in the battlegrounds, but I have difficulties in building teams. I've been skipped in several rounds thus far (here, here, here); I got into the program last round, but my mentor wasn't supposed to tutor (and thus I wasn't tutored). I hate hax, and my team styles shift constantly, but right now I'm fixated on molding the perfect hail offense team.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes.

Username-Scott66752
Age-13
Pokemon Showdown-scott66752
Timezone and usual hours available- EST, 5:00-6:00
What tier do you want to learn-Ou
Tell us a little bit about yourself-I just joined about a week ago. I'm not really great but i would really like to get better at pokemon showdown.
yes
I just would really like to get better at this game and learn the basics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)