Apprentice Program: Round Seventy Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Limitless

Success is the best revenge.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Welcome to round 72 of Battling 101. If you are seeking a tutor, you're in the right place. Fill out the information below to be assigned a tutor.

Username:
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:
What tier do you want to learn?:
Tell us a little about yourself:
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:
To clear up any confusion, here is an example of what an application would look like:

Username: Kevin Garrett
Shoddy Username: Kevin Garrett
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 4:00 p.m. – 2 a.m. GMT -5
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am the reason luvdiscs were implemented on Smogon. Aside from that, I deleted all of my posts because they were all terrible. I really want to learn how to play Pokemon the right way because I have struggled with it for so long and put in a lot of time to get better, but can't improve at all.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Definitely.
YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS. Additionally, you must be able to use Pokémon Online, Pokémon Showdown, or at least Shoddy Battle (if you only wish to learn DPP OU).

Important: Don't forget about the new Tutee Talk forum, including what we expect of you guys if you are chosen as tutees! You can read more about that here.

One more thing: If you were skipped in the round before this one, make a note somewhere in your sign-up post that this was the case. It makes it easier for us when we do the pairings.

Username: askjeevs
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Jeevs
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, 9-1 mornings, 6pm-2am nights (EST)
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself: i'm just a unversity student with too much time on his hands. I'm not really someone who talks on the forums as much as I do on the IRC server. I enjoy competitively battling, and have been playing for about 2 years (without any serious training). I really want to get better at team building and making predictions, as often I misplay when it comes to debating between Risk and Reward.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Nothing like having a diary; sure, why not

I was passed over in Round 71.

Username: Rwhite84
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown: Genghis Kong / Throh Stalin
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST(GMT-5) Weekdays 2:30-10PM Weekends 9AM-11PM
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing competitive pokemon for about a year and a half now, I've been able to pick up on essentially every tier but OU, I tend to prefer PO but I can PS if required, I tend to avoid stall teams since I have ADD, I like using creative sets to stallbreak such as golurk. I'm online essentially all day, my other main interests are football (hence my name), and 80s rock music, and military/war subjects.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes.

I dont know if it is worth noting but last time I signed up a few months ago I was unable to get a tutor.

Username: Frochtejohgurt
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Frochtejohgurt
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+2; afternoon and evening (I'm flexible in this regrad)
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing competive Pokemon for quite some time, so I'm not a complete noob. I'd like to improve my battling strategy and my involvement in the forums.
Btw I'm a german student enjoying maths, good music, athletics and Pokemon.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: yes

BKC said he would tutor me, although he hates BW

Username: AOE2
Pokemon Online/ Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: AOE2
Your timezone and hours of availability: EST: 4-9 PM
What tier do you want to learn?: OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I really like OU. If anyone knows Age of Empires 2, that's also a fun game. Willing to learn and attentive. :)
Why do you have less than 25 : I lurk a lot, and this is like the first forum I've been to. I hope that learning OU here will allow me to contribute to the forums.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Of course.

Username: herewegoagain
Pokemon Online Username: Shadow Mewtwo (PS)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 5 pm – 10 pm EST most days, can adapt schedule somewhat if necessary.
Tell us a little about yourself: I’m a freshman in college. I’ve started playing Pokémon since the first generation games came out. (I still have them lying around somewhere back home.) About 2 years ago, one of my friends who was really good at competitive battling introduced me to this site. I was overwhelmed by the whole process at first but I have decided to give it another shot. Having said that, I’m pretty new to competitive battling but I am definitely eager to learn all that I can, if it means making me better at competitive battling, especially team building. :D
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Of course!

Why I have less than 25 posts: As I mentioned, I’m new to competitive battling, and I’m more comfortable lurking than posting something that doesn’t make any sense and most likely embarrassing myself. I can promise that once I learn enough, I should be able to post comments that actually contribute to the discussion topic at hand.

Note: I was in round 70 but my tutor was MIA after about 5 sessions so I am signing up again in the hopes that I can go all the way this time.

Username: Regret
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: RG2
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, 3-10:30 PM
What tier do you want to learn?:BW RU
Tell us a little about yourself: School is easy enough that I have time to play Pokemon.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes I am.
Molk agreed to tutor me.

Username: Dietcoke101
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Dietcoke101
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST Usually from 4pm-12am
Teir wanted: BW2 OU (RU or LC if BW2 OU isn't possible)
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 15 year old guy. I'm in grade 11 in high school. I skipped a grade, so I guess I'm pretty smart. I really like Pokemon and have been playing since I was little. I was 5 when I got my first Pokemon game (Pokemon Yellow) and have played ever since, but competetively only about 1 year. I have a game from at least every generation. I really wanna learn BW2 OU, I have some experience in BW OU but none in BW2 OU. I was ok at BW OU, but not at all top-notch. I wanna step it up and maybe actually win a tournament for once. The main thing I need help with is teambuilding but since I'm new to the BW2 OU metagame, the whole run-down would be nice :D
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Absolutely

I was skipped in Round 69 and missed in rounds 70 + 71. I haven't got a tutor yet, after signing up multiple times in the past year.

Username: Ayepae
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Ayepae
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -7, Free on Monday/Wednesdays 12pm-12am Tuesday/Thursdays 8pm-12am, Free on Weekends 12pm-12am if needed
Tell us a little about yourself: Senior in college, Been getting back into pokemon the last few months as I am about to graduate and will have more time. Competitive battling is intriguing and would like to learn more. Other hobbies: sports, percussion.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes
Under 25 Posts: Been reading up on strategies on smogon for a while, just haven’t posted since I don’t have much to contribute as of right now. Hopefully after this I will feel competent enough in my skills to contribute.

Username: relaunched
PO/PS! Nickname: Both relaunched
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -7, 12 PM-12 AM
What tier do you want to learn? DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am currently taking a break from school, and especially like to read, do math, play Scrabble and cook.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors? Yeah.
Skipped in the last two rounds.

Username: Chieliee
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Chieliee (and a shitton of others, mostly song names)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +2, 4PM - 11PM
Tell us a little about yourself: Hi I'm a dutch guy who likes beta subjects, listening to rock/metal, watching anime. I do NU and LC too.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yeah sure, why not.

Vinc2612 has agreed to tutor me, if possible

Username:Admiral Ackbar
Pokemon Showdown:NinjaLuneth
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:EST 3-9 Mon-Sat
What tier do you want to learn?:BW2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself:Been playing for a few years, I want to make my break into the competitive world. I love Smogon, I think the strategy pokedex is the best online pokemon reference there is for the competitive world. I play French Horn in an orchestra and other misc. ensembles. I am about to be a senior in high school.
Why I have less than 25 posts:I've lurked for a while, and used the pokedex for several years, but I felt that I really didn't have enough experience to bring anything to the site. I'm looking to gain that experience through this program.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:Yes

Username: Raichoice
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Lots of them, but the ones I use the most are Angel and Demon alts and Raichoice
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Depends on the day, on the week-end I won't be on much, and in the EST USA timezone
What tier do you want to learn?: BW RU
Tell us a little about yourself:Well I'm not a very easy guy to be friend with but I'll try my hardest
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yeah, just gimme some time

I was skipped in the last Battle 101

Username: Firebreather
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Showdown - Firebreather23; PO- Firebreather2354
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, 4:00PM-11:00PM on weekdays, 8:00AM-11:00PM on weekends.
What tier do you want to learn?:Preferably BW2 OU, but I am interested and willing to try other tiers as well, especially UU.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a high school junior who has been playing Pokemon since it has been around. I enjoy school (especially math and physics), playing video games, reading, and music.

As far as for having less than 25 posts, the reason is that I don't really know the intricacies of competitive Pokemon, and I don't really try to give people advice on it. Also, I am not too comfortable here yet on Smogon...I originally found competitive battling through Serebii. I've been around the forums for a while but I've mainly been doing more spectating than participating.

Username: NannyCakes
Pokémon Showdown Username: nemaizels
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST anytime after 5 on weekdays, and Saturdays before two, and sundays between 11 and 2
Tell us a little about yourself: I am and have been a big fan of Pokémon since before I could read, and Pokémon Silver is why I know how to read. I also love Zelda and Lord of the Rings. I play bass and attend high school.
I have not much success in team building, or really understanding strategies behind popular RMTs. I am also not sure exactly what move to make and when. I have been tutored in the past, but despite our best efforts are schedules never allowed us to be on at the same time, so we did not do anything.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:Yes

I was skipped in Round 68, and in round 70 my tutor and I never were on at the same time, and did not do anything together.

Username: ColdBl00ded
Pokemon Showdown username: monge1993
Timezone and hours of availability:EST from 12pm-6pm
What tier do you want to learn: BW2 NU
Tell us a little bit about yourself: I am a Freshman in college and I grew up with pokemon. I remember when spamming earthquake used to be the way to go. I stopped playing a while back and when I finally came back to it I realized how much everything has changed and become more competitive. I love how everything has improved and how everything has become much more competitive. I just want to get good at pokemon again.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors? Sure
Why I have less then 25 posts: I have been reading up on smogon for months trying to improve on my battling, but I finally wanna take that next step to actually becoming good at it. I have been reading on team building and strategies more than actually asking people what they felt would be the smart thing to do.

Username: El Rey
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: El Rey
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5
Tell us a little about yourself: In highschool, enjoy playing soccer, playing Pokemon hanging out with friends. Wish to learn more about BW2 OU

Was promised a tutor this round since Funkasaurus was no longer a tutor

Username: Captain Apollo
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Bangladesh
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, Weekdays: 3PM-9PM, Weekends: 12 PM-1 AM
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU or BW2 UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm still pretty new to competetive, but have been playing religously since Ruby and Saphire. My favorite tier is UU, and I have a pretty good grip on it, but in OU I am pretty lost. I want to learn and be good at the main tier, OU, now. I am better at actually battling than teambuilding. I am a freshman in high school and enjoy playing baseball and video games and listening to music and playing guitar.
Less than 25: Mostly been lurking as I feel my contributions wouldn't be as appreciated as others. I am pretty timid and hope to gain courage and knowledge through the apprentice program.

Username : Staraptor939
Available hours : all day every day, Easter holidays! :)
What tier do you want to learn : bw2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself : I'm a student studying P.M. I love sports but gaming is my real passion. I've been on showdown for several months and never really got the hang of it, with a little help from this site I've improved a bit but I still struggle a lot.
Would I be willing to so tutee form talks on your tutors: yes, of course :)

Why I have low posts : I've just discovered the forums and i'm not to knowledgeable on the topics. So that's all I can say, I'd love to have a chance to improve my battling so I hope you consider me :)

WHY SHOULD I BE TUTORED! I'd be happy to spend countless hours a day, i'm happy to try or learn anything. I'm a good listener and would be happy to sit here for an hour listening to a talk :D As well as that I actually stayed on this page at 10PM at night (GMT I'm from England) , constantly refreshing this page until my computer froze from too much refreshing, that's why I was 25 minutes late :D Well, that's me. Hope you at least have a quick look at this if you're a tutor, i'm just going to keep trying every month until I get one :)

Username: ihaspokemans
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: ihaspokemans (Showdown)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Eastern (typically weekdays: 6 PM - 11 PM, weekends: mostly all day)
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU (possibly UU)
Tell us a little about yourself: I've played Pokemon since the beginning when I was a kid and it was what got me into RPGs. I've known about competitive battling for a little bit but never really had time to get invested too much myself. I enjoy the chess match aspect of battling with the predictions and the counterplay, but I don't have a lot of experience with team building, which is obviously a key part. I'm hoping to learn more about team building theory and gain battling experience.

Why I should be tutored w/ < 25 posts: Since I have a job, I don't have a lot of time to build and tweak teams or battle. To me, being a good battler requires a lot of experience to learn about common threats, sets, and strategies and I'm not there. For the same reason, I prefer to lurk on the forums rather than post because I feel like I don't have much to contribute at this point. I'm hoping that having someone show me the ropes will help cut down the learning curve for me.

Username: Treecko37
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown: Stunfisk./Treecko37
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5, generally later in the day/evening
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a fairly competitive battler, and I do well off. I just want to take it to the next level and learn UU more in depth.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yeah

Username: asbdsp
Pokemon Showdown Username: asbdsp
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 11 PM - 4 AM EST, but flexible to make appointments via PM
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU, or Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: Trying to make the jump from a PS OU battler to Legendary Status. Need to learn about higher level battling decision making, advanced team building, and forum integration. I'm a boisterous guy, and I want to learn whatever I can to try and win games.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes, sounds like fun.

Why should I be tutored: I'd like to learn more about this game and become as good as I possibly can in addition to integrating myself more readily into the smogon community. I've got what it takes, and I'm the kind of guy who gets things done when i want to, if you know what I mean. So yeah, that's why I should be tutored. Any tutor that chooses me will not be disappointed.

Riles

Banned deucer.
Username: Riles
Pokemon Showdown Username: Riles/Riley
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST (GMT -4 (DST)) 6:30PM-10:00PM
What tier do you want to learn?: BW NU
Tell us a little about yourself: Hey, my names Riley, I enjoy playing sports, namely Track & Field and Basketball and of course I enjoy playing Pokemon. I'm a senior in High School & can't wait to go to college and see all the wonderful experiences that come with it. I'm a mod on Kupo's Server if that means anything.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Certainly, I'll do whatever is required.

Why should I be tutored? I should be tutored because, although I'm not an active member to the forum community, I always tend to lurk around the meta games and see what's up. I would consider myself a decent player in NU, (Point wise I'd average around a low 1700). My main reason for needing tutoring would be to have more knowledge of team building and predictions. I'm quick to grasp concepts. And in Round 69 Lavos Spawn was supposed to tutor me but due to unfortunate events we were not able to get anything done.

Annoyer has agreed to tutor me this Round if that is okay.

Username: Dragoon124
Pokemon Showdown! Username: hyper717
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 4:30-5:30 p.m(for sure; maybe till 6:30 or even 7:00) CST(central us)
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU (BW2 UU if not possible)
Tell us a little about yourself: I was originally introduced to competitive battling through watching Xenon3120, Haydunn, and all the other wifi pokemon youtubers. After a few months, Haydunn made a video explaining how tiers were made and how they were tiered, and mentioned in the video Smogon.com (AKA:The pokemon police, as he explained it). So, when I had the spare time, I visited the site and have mostly lurked from then.

Bluwing

icequeen
is a Tutor Alumnus
Username: BROStime
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: BROStime
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1 available nearly all day.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 LC
Tell us a little about yourself: Im guy who loves to skate and snowboarding, but also love pokemon.

Blarajan agreed to tutor me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)