Trait: Analytic
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Psychic
- Signal Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Recover

You see, pokemon that deal with Combusken's power are bulky Poison-types and Psychic-types, not to mention Frillish and Lampent. Mightyena is there to take down the Psychic and the Ghosts with it's Dark STAB. Substitute is there to predict either a switch out (Mighty doesn't get Pursuit :<) or to predict a status move. Crunch and Sucker Punch are STAB moves. Return is there to hit anything that resists DARK neutrally. Steels resist this combo, but Combusken deals with Steel-types very well.

Beheeyem, meanwhile, is there to act as a wallbreaker against the Poison-types (although it can attack the others with it's coverage). Signal Beam is to hit Dark-types and other Psychic-types, while Thunderbolt is there as a solid neutral attack, plus it hits bulky Water-types SE. 0 Speed IVs are there to outslow almost everything, allowing Beheeyem to get the Analytic boost. Again, Steels can come in easy, but Combusken deals with them easy.

I nominate Pineco to be added to the team.

Pineco
Item: Eviolite
Ability: Sturdy
Nature: Impish
EVs: 196 HP/76 Atk/196 Def
Moveset:
-Rapid Spin
-Stealth Rock
-Protect/Explosion
-Bug Bite

Pretty much every team has utility of some sort. Pineco not only sets up SR, but can RS other entry hazards as well. Bug Bite is so it won't be useless when taunted. Protect can be a good scouting tool to see what move your opponent will plan to use to take out your Pineco after it uses SR. Explosion is there just for the lolz as it can provide a nasty surprise to whoever switches into it.

@ Leftovers
Trait: Lightningrod
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Timid Nature
~ Nasty Plot
~ Thunderbolt
~ Hidden Power Ice
~ Encore / Substitute
Bulky water types annoying combusken? Well, not anymore. Raichu poops on you. Encore is extremely useful with many failure PU mons trying to set up, but substitute can be used against water or flying types switching out. Nasty plot actually makes this guy a threat, and extremely bulk grass types or electric types are needed to take him down. Defensively I admit his synergy with cobusken sucks, but that is why our next step should be a grass type to also take on waters and grounds, perhaps meganium would be good, or maybe grotle

I would like to nominate Simisage!

Simisage @ Life Orb
Trait: Overgrow
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

I feel this thing makes a nice offensive core with Combusken, as Simisage sets up on bulky Waters and Combusken gets rid of the Steels that annoy Simisage, opening up a sweep for one of them. The set is pretty simple, Nasty Plot boosts Simisage's Special Attack to very nice levels, and the chosen moves are kinda obvious. The offensive synergy between the two is very good, and the defensive is not so bad, despite a common weakness to Flying, they offer some resistances and switch in opportunities for one another, and between deal with a nice big chunk of the meta offensive-wise.
I also like the Mightyena idea :)

I would like to nominate Simisage!

Simisage @ Life Orb
Trait: Overgrow
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

I feel this thing makes a nice offensive core with Combusken, as Simisage sets up on bulky Waters and Combusken gets rid of the Steels that annoy Simisage, opening up a sweep for one of them. The set is pretty simple, Nasty Plot boosts Simisage's Special Attack to very nice levels, and the chosen moves are kinda obvious. The offensive synergy between the two is very good, and the defensive is not so bad, despite a common weakness to Flying, they offer some resistances and switch in opportunities for one another, and between deal with a nice big chunk of the meta offensive-wise.
I also like the Mightyena idea :)
I have used nasty plot simisage in PU effectively, but I would like suggest you change focus blast to substitute, and hidden power ice to hidden power rock (maybe). Focus blast doesn't hit anything besides normals harder in PU and it is really inaccurate. Hidden power rock is more of a prefernce thing though.

I used overgrow with leftovers but running pinch berries could work too. Simisage can actually stick around with leftovers, idk.

I have used nasty plot simisage in PU effectively, but I would like suggest you change focus blast to substitute, and hidden power ice to hidden power rock (maybe). Focus blast doesn't hit anything besides normals harder in PU and it is really inaccurate. Hidden power rock is more of a prefernce thing though.
Okay, that makes sense. Did you run Life Orb and Overgrow or Gluttony with Salac Berry? The latter seems more effective when using Substitute, as you could Sub down to get +1 speed, making a sweep more likely, but I guess it's a one time thing and Simisage likes the power from Life Orb. Thanks for your comment!

WhiteDMist

Path>Goal
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
My core nomination is basically the same as The Reptile in being a Dark and Psychic combination to compliment Combusken's Fighting-type.

@ Choice Band
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Ice Shard
- Ice Punch/Punishment
- Low Kick

+

@ Eviolite
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Signal Beam
- Recover

The things that wall Combusken are Specially Defensive Pokemon, as well as Psychic and Ghost Pokemon. Sneasel Pursuit traps all the Psychic and Ghosts that cause such problems with its Choice Banded Pursuit and if it doesn't KO (due to them not switching out), it'll bring them down to the point where Combusken can still clean up. Ice Shard also brings the team extremely valuable priority, whose usefulness transcends all tiers. Being able to snipe Dragonair is a nice bonus too. The only thing to decide is either Punishment or Ice Punch. Punishment gives us a more reliable Dark STAB and can really hurt set up sweepers, but it is disappointing against anything else. Ice Punch is stronger and has great coverage, but it doesn't provide much utility for the team itself.

Duosion is the other half of this core, providing a physical wall and secondary sweeper. With Signal Beam, it also can give Dark-type switch-ins a nasty surprise since many cannot take Signal Beam at all. This would be the team's stallbreaker (which is more potent due to Misdreavus not being in the tier) which provides an extra utility for our physical wall and sweeper. With its amazing base 120 SAtk and decent coverage, even uninvested it has decent power meaning the momentum of the team is retained. For the actual core, Duosion handles the bulky Throh and Muk who can easily tank anything Combusken and Sneasel can throw at them. It also takes status better than the other two, meaning it becomes a interesting pivot (and one that can't be worn down by hazards).

May I juggest a double dancer that is hard to kill and works great with Combusken. I also wish some one would have told me about this.
Bibareal@Leftovers
Trait:Simple
Nature:Adamant
Ev:252 Hp/252 Atk
Amnesia
Curse
Waterfall
Return/Quick Attack

With simple + amnesia + curse you can easily become a hard hitting unstopable wall sweeper. Amnesia is only listed considering that while curse boost you defense and attack, you special side is wide open to a harder assualt. And what's a good way to deal with that? +4 Special defense as they switch in. However it is walled by Frillish two which brings be to the second pokemon i suggest for this three man core.

Grovyle@Life Orb/Eviolite(this is still a progress in work im still testing this in Pu)
Trait:Overgrow
Nature:MODEST
Ev:252 Spa/252 Spe
Giga Drain
Hp-Ice
Focus Blast
Synthesis

With Giga Drain he can increase his life span by getting back damage from life orb and other damage making him hard to kill coupled with Synthesis. Eviolite can also be used to give him a little more bulk. Grovyle also has a nice speed of 95 and 85 base special attack,which is pretty good in Pu. He also takes care of Frillish, and completes the Fire,Grass,Water core

Time to vote sorry for the delay. Vote for one

Mightyena + Beheeyem
Pineco
Raichu
Simisage
Sneasel + Duosion
Bibarel + Grovyle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)