Apprentice Program: Round Seventy Three

Status
Not open for further replies.

Limitless

Success is the best revenge.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Welcome to round 73 of Battling 101. If you are seeking a tutor, you're in the right place. Fill out the information below to be assigned a tutor.

Username:
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:
What tier do you want to learn?:
Tell us a little about yourself:
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:
To clear up any confusion, here is an example of what an application would look like:

Username: Kevin Garrett
Shoddy Username: Kevin Garrett
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 4:00 p.m. – 2 a.m. GMT -5
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am the reason luvdiscs were implemented on Smogon. Aside from that, I deleted all of my posts because they were all terrible. I really want to learn how to play Pokemon the right way because I have struggled with it for so long and put in a lot of time to get better, but can't improve at all.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Definitely.
YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS. Additionally, you must be able to use Pokémon Online, Pokémon Showdown, or at least Shoddy Battle (if you only wish to learn DPP OU).

Important: Don't forget about the new Tutee Talk forum, including what we expect of you guys if you are chosen as tutees! You can read more about that here.

One more thing: If you were skipped in the round before this one, make a note somewhere in your sign-up post that this was the case. It makes it easier for us when we do the pairings.

Username: Ticcyboy
Pokemon Showdown: Ticcyboy
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT Anytime Everyday
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 NU, BW RU
Tell us a little about yourself: Im 20 Years old and love playing pokemon. Ive always played the main storylines but never really got into competitive battling until now but im a noob and would really like to learn how to build teams and to play properly.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes

Username: Ama
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: PO: TrainerJeff PS: LegitGod Shoddy:
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5 (EST) 6:30- 2:00am weeks, 6:30-:2:00am weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: OU, UU
Tell us a little about yourself: My name’s Jeffrey, I’ve been watching competitive battling for a while now and I’ve really wanted to dedicate myself to learning how to play competitively. I really enjoy watching the plays that can happen during a battle and wish to be able to conduct them.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Definitely
YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POST
I’m a competitive type of individual, I play many games competitively such as Super Smash Brothers Melee, Marvel vs Capcom 3, Super Street Fighter IV AE. I know how much dedication it takes to learn a game and to understand it. But getting better and meeting new individuals is so rewarding. I’ve met some great friends through competitive gaming, and I hope to meet many more in the Pokemon Scene. I feel a tutor will set me on the right track to understanding the game more and being a lot more helpful to the community because well, community is everything for a scene, it’s the most important part of a game.

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
Username: Dr Ciel

Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown Username: Dr Ciel (PO) Lady Samantha (PS)

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5. Available everyday after 12 PM on weekdays, very flexible weekends.

What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 Ubers

Tell us a little about yourself: Hello there, I'm a 23 year old nurse from the town of Venice Italy, I'm an avid fan of 80s Music, and follow the NFL and MLB.

Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yere

Username: Issues
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Issues
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Central Standard Time. Every day after 2 P.M and all day on off days.(Mondays & Wednesday)
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU 2
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm roughly new to Smogon, although I have been playing competitive Pokemon for about 3 years.(Still lack team building skills) I enjoy skateboarding, alternative rock, and cutting up dead people in class. I'll be majoring as a medical examiner. I also spend most of my time with my 2 year long girlfriend. :)
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutor? of course

Requesting the best team builder, if possible.

Username: Hideous
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Delta
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: +2 GMT/3PM-9PM
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 Wi-Fi OU/BW2 Wi-Fi NU
Tell us a little about yourself: My nickname on Smogon is Hideous, but I'm also known as Delta. I started my path in 2012 and I took part in different teams... What else?
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes!
Reason of <25 Posts: I started following Smogon recently, because I'm an Italian player and I preferred to attend Italian Communities.

Username: thursday
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: ‘cockboy’ and any derivatives of ‘cockboy,’ fedora dad, wonderful rainbow
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 4:00 PM – 7:30 PM, Mondays-Fridays; anytime on weekends except 1 PM – 4:30 PM.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU, BW2 UU
Tell us a little about yourself: hey, i’m thursday! i’m an eighteen-year-old male from the midwest, which is... about as generic as it gets. i’ll be attending the university of chicago in the fall, and i have a few hobbies, like learning how to play the guitar, listening to music, and i occasionally play competitive pokemon, though i’m not really comfortable with a couple of aspects of it, like teambuilding and prediction. hopefully i don’t come off as boring, but i think i’m easy enough to work with as a tutee.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: sure.

Username: Spyder
Pokemon Online Username: Force of Nature, Spyder678
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+1, mostly on in the evenings (mornings on weekends).
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU, DPP OU, ADV OU
Tell us a little about yourself: 14yo who likes sleeping, listening to music, watching anime and sci-fi shows and hanging out with friends. I've been playing
competitive pokes for a couple of months now, but I'm really not impressed with my current performance in battles; I can't even break 1200 on the ladder, which is pretty embarrasing, and there's no way I'm ready to play in tournaments and stuff (which I really want to do) so I could use some help. I would like to learn the main stuff that I need to know in order to become better, such as teambuilding, battling strategy and the metagames.
Why I should be tutored(25 posts): I'm not really a poster on the forums, more of a lurker. I don't really feel like I'm ready to post anything because I'm paranoid about making myself look like a dumbass. I believe that getting tutored could fix this problem.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yeah

Username:InsaneDragoniteHD
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:Draggi
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:(GMT -5) 3-8 PM on weekends minus Friday and I am available all day on weekends.(minus Sunday)
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 NU
Tell us a little about yourself:I am a prretty good battler who has been battling for 9 months..I have just started learning the fundamentals of NU and plan to get into it a as a tier whole.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes.
I want to get tutored under 25 posts because I am a guy who learns fast and is eager to learn. Also, I got a bad tutor in the last one.
Zebraiken has agreed to tutor me in NU.

Username: asbdsp
Pokemon Showdown Username: asbdsp
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 11 PM - 4 AM EST, but flexible to make appointments via PM
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Trying to make the jump from a PS OU battler to Legendary Status. Need to learn about higher level battling decision making, advanced team building, and forum integration. I'm a boisterous guy, and I want to learn whatever I can to try and win games.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes, sounds like fun.

Why should I be tutored: I'd like to learn more about this game and become as good as I possibly can in addition to integrating myself more readily into the smogon community. I've got what it takes, and I'm the kind of guy who gets things done when i want to, if you know what I mean. So yeah, that's why I should be tutored. Any tutor that chooses me will not be disappointed.

I was passed over in Round 72 of the program.

Username: Moony
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Moony
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5, Weekdays after 3PM, Weekends after 9 AM on Saturday, after 1 PM on Sunday
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU / BW2 Ubers / DPP OU / ADV OU
Tell us a little about yourself: From Massachusetts, just an average guy, looking to get better at BW2 OU or Ubers. Into Math, Science, and playing the violin.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yup.
Why less than 25 posts?: I'm mostly a lurker, I don't really have much to add to anything on here, hope that will change.

Passed Over in Round 71

cb aaron judge

ALL RISE
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Username: CBTerrakion
Simulator/IRC Username: cbt
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -4, weekdays after 2:55 pm, all day weekends
Tell us a little about yourself: tournament player with most knowledgeable tier being nu, however, i could use some ou teambuilding advice since i dont feel my teambuilding skills are as good as i want them to be
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: y

skipped last round (signed up for different tiers then however)

Username: dashunicorn
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:Noig
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: gmt -6 I'll be available any time of day. Whatever is convenient for my tutor is fine with me.
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing pokemon competitively since 4th gen. I took a break from battling shortly before the release of BW2 and have recently returned.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:Yes

BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS. After my recent return to competitively battling, I would like to adjust to the new BW2 metagame. Also, since I returned I made a new account to start fresh. My old one buttered, has more than 25 posts. I won't have a problem with activity and I am looking forward to the opportunity of having a tutor. Hopefully it will open the doors for me to become and avid and active member of the smogon community.

Way back when I used my old account I was skipped for rounds 53, 54, & 57

Username: Regret
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: RG2
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, 3-10:30 PM
What tier do you want to learn?:BW2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself: School is easy enough that I have time to play Pokemon.
Why do I have less than 25 posts?: I have less than 25 posts because I don't have anything relevant to post. I post when I can say something insightful, but I'm not knowledgeable enough in tiers.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes I am
Skipped Last Round

Username: AOE2
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:
AOE2
Your timezone and hours of availability: EST: 4-9 PM
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I really like OU. If anyone knows Age of Empires 2, that's also a fun game. Willing to learn and attentive. :)
Why do you have less than 25 : I lurk a lot, and this is like the first forum I've been to. I hope that learning OU here will allow me to contribute to the forums.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Of course.
Skipped Last Round

Username: Dakar
Showdown Username: Dakar
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 3 p.m. – 6 p.m. weekdays, 10 a.m - 11 p.m. weekends (dependant) GMT -5
Tell us a little about yourself: I would consider myself a somewhat good battler, getting and keeping a 1650+ ACRE ladder ranking on Showdown! However, I can't seem to rise above that level, so I came here. I've had this date on my calendar for the last 2 weeks, since I always notice the sign-ups a few days after they close.

I use a somewhat more defensive playstyle, often preferring to set something up or switch over brute force attacking. This can be great at times, and also a hinderance. Part of why I'm applying is to hone that skill, as well as branching out to using other varied playstyles.

Outside of Pokémon, I'm a High School Sophomore. I enjoy Chemistry and science in general. I've dabbled in pixel art and am working on a ROM hack with some friends. I usually don't watch T.V, but when I do it's either Parks & Rec., Adventure Time, or Top Gear. I'm a Redditor, so I will be on there, if that aids with communication. I also play the F Horn in the band at school, and I enjoy that as well.

In note to my timing, next week is finals week, as well as practicing for a concert, so timing may be dicey. The amount of time I can be on Showdown! is also reliant on school, but I'll make sure to warn my tutor in advance (If I make it, of course!).

Governess

A Beautiful Blossom Waiting to Bloom
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Username: Governess
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: RisingPokeStar; Governess (Pokemon Showdown)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Mon-Thur; 4:30pm - 9:00pm, Fridays; 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sat-Sun; Anytime that works for the tutor.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 LC
Tell us a little about yourself: Hello! My name is Governess, I love the performing arts (singing, acting, modeling, etc.) and take part in them often. Schoolwork and Acting have been a big part of my life, both of which I have a strong passion in. I'm also very active on Smogon; writing analyses for them. I'm a quick learner, and ready to try new things. Learning LC would only increase my knowledge of tiers, and thus expand the number of analyses I can create. I also do AmChecks / OU rates.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: 110% yes.

I was skipped Rounds 71 and 72.

Thank you for your time. =)

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Username: DHR-107
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: DHR (PS!)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT (BST) 6pm~11pm Weekdays, pretty much any time on weekends unless I am out (Am available on IRC pretty much all day every day).
Tell us a little about yourself: I hate these things. I've been around and about in terms of Battling since Gen 3 on netbattle... Mostly just for fun but some random laddering now and again. I've kept myself semi in the loop of competitive terms (I was playing PO LU at the start of BW1) and I have played in the CaP Playtests (Which are centered around OU play). In terms of personal stuff, I love motor sport and play videogames with most of my free time :) Mass Effect ftw :p
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes. I would not have a problem with this.

Kadew

*bird sounds*
is an Artist Alumnus
Username: Kadew
Pokemon Showdown! Username: Kadew
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -6, any time any day except Sundays, not much going on as of yet so my schedule is incredibly flexible.
Tell us a little about yourself: I came to Smogon as an artist with mostly an interest in CaP, but I've long held an interest in getting involved in competitive battling. I've browsed through competitive threads and articles before, and have a general understanding but I just can't quite make the leap into teambuilding and prediction. I've cobbled a team or two together before and dabbled in OU, but I just don't know how to make them work and after a few losses lose confidence. In terms of personal junk, I'm a university student trying to major in animation and hobbies include drawing, gardening, and videogames.

paintseagull

pink wingull
is a Top Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Username: paintseagull
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: paintseagull
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EDT (GMT-4), Mon-Fri evenings, Sat-Sun afternoons
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm an artist who's mostly active in Smeargle's Studio and CAP. I've tried a little bit of team building and some battling and I really enjoy it, but the learning curve is pretty steep! I'd like to improve :)

PS / PO Username: afterburn
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 3:00 p.m. – 12 a.m (weekdays) and 10:00 a.m - 1:00 a.m (weekends) GMT +3
What tier do you want to learn?: ADV OU (and DPP OU IF we have time)
Tell us a little about yourself: Kind of tired of BW OU to be honest, been wanting to learn ADV OU for a while now, and want to become good at it so I can participate in futures SPLs as an ADV player.

Don Honchkrorleone

Happy Qwilfish the nightmare
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Username: Don Honchkrorleone
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Sailor Venus / José Genoíno / Ron Damón (PS); Patropi (PO)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Everyday from 9 AM to 11 PM; GMT -3
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 19-year old guy from Brazil that majors in history at university. I play Pokemon since I was 10 and competitively since 15. I'm quite good at NU, RU and LC (the latter two due to the excellent tutors I got from here before), but whenever I try to get started at UU, I fail miserably. I like Yugioh, Saint Seiya, history and languages. I major in history and aspire to be a translator, voice actor and etimologist. I hate rap, but love progressive rock and samba (the original one).
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure, why not?

Username: Firebreather
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Showdown - Firebreather23; PO- Firebreather2354
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, 4:00PM-11:00PM on weekdays, 8:00AM-11:00PM on weekends.
What tier do you want to learn?:Preferably BW2 OU, but I am interested and willing to try other tiers as well, especially UU.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a high school junior who has been playing Pokemon since it has been around. I enjoy school (especially math and physics), playing video games, reading, and music.

As far as for having less than 25 posts, the reason is that I don't know too much about competitive battling, but that's why I want to learn. I've been trying to teach myself competitive Pokemon, but I've realized that there are a lot of intricacies that I need to learn from an experienced battler.

I was skipped in the previous round, round 72.

Username: CAPS alt
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username/Pokemon Showdown Username CAPS, CAPS alt, CAPS 2 most names with CAP in them.
Your time zone and usual hours of availability: GMT+5.5, 9am to 11am, 2pm to 4pm, 7pm to 9pm though I’m pretty much free all day and can adjust my schedule.
What tier do you want to learn? : BW OU or if unavailable BW UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I’m just an average person who is having summer holidays. I don’t battle very well and thus want to improve. Hope my odd time zone doesn’t stop me from getting a tutor. I’m in 8th grade.
Why I should be tutored: I couldn’t make a lot of posts since I don’t battle very well and so get nervous to make posts. I could becoming a contributing member of the community once I get the basics right, I also learn very quickly.
I missed round 59 due to the sign-ups starting when there was midnight where I stay and by the time I woke up it was closed.

Username: JayJay21
Pokémon Online/Pokémon Showdown/Shoddy Username:JayJay21
Your time zone and usual hours of availability: UTC/GMT -5 hours and available from 7pm till 4am
What tier do you want to learn? BW2 Wifi OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am 17 years old. I play a lot of sports. For music I enjoy metal and rock and I’ve been playing for almost a year but I haven't been improving that much, so that’s why I want a tutor and wish I could improve.

Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors? Yes I will be willing to.

YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS.

The reason why I have fewer than 25 posts is because of harsh reality. I have been traveling to the hospital a lot because of personal reasons, which prevents me from going on the computer often. I think I should be tutored so I could be apart of the Smogon community. Also this would help me develop more of an interest in pokemon

Limitless said i have priority this round

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)