Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Under the poorly-drawn Ash on the cover there is some strange pink creature. I guess that's not a Poke but what the heck is it?

Also, Newtwo looks like a froaking snake there.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
doesn't matter cuz i'm the best rival ever k

but

i'm really not sure what else we can discuss nine pages later without extrapolating >u>;;
You let other people share their opinions, and if something comes up that you can add to, you discuss that. You don't have to post in this thread constantly. If there is nothing to say, then don't say anything. There are plenty other aspects of the site in which you can get involved to curb your boredom.

Let's at least try to change the nature of this thread, rather than keeping it as a cesspool that elicits constant complaints.

i haven't seen him do so on his facebook page. however, the top... banner... thing looks really cute.

https://www.facebook.com/Pokemaniacos.Wifi.Club

the text says "happy mother's day!" and "cubone used gift! it's super effective!"

edit
Under the poorly-drawn Ash on the cover there is some strange pink creature. I guess that's not a Poke but what the heck is it?

hm... it looks like red's clefairy, drawn in the style of the pokemon pocket monsters manga. i think that the manga runs in corocoro, much like shonen jump runs naruto and bleach?

It's a Clefairy, from a long running Pokemon manga "Pokemon Pocket Monsters"

Incidentally, I believe the newtwo & ash are from the movie adaptation manga that started running last month.

You let other people share their opinions, and if something comes up that you can add to, you discuss that. You don't have to post in this thread constantly. If there is nothing to say, then don't say anything. There are plenty other aspects of the site in which you can get involved to curb your boredom.

Let's at least try to change the nature of this thread, rather than keeping it as a cesspool that elicits constant complaints.
You're complaining about the opinions people share because it's "baseless speculating". Nothing said in the old thread or this one has been a result of "having nothing to say". When people get speculation material, they're going to speculate pretty far, even months later. Any concrete speculation could be said in one page. But that's pretty boring and limiting. So get used to people speculating about whatever x/y stuff comes to mind. That's kind of the whole point after all. Just be grateful the conversation is about x/y, as the title of the thread suggests it should be.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
That isn't the whole point. What you are describing is the reason all of this forum's moderators deciding to close the old thread. The point of this thread as designated by the moderators is to discuss currently released information about X and Y. The point of this forum is to discuss games, anime episodes, or manga chapters that exist.

We do not allow people to post their fake Pokémon, we do not allow people to post threads titled "What if Cubone had this move??," and we do not allow baseless speculation. My post was not a blanket statement, there are only select posts that violated the nature of the thread (e.g. "They are riding Gogoat, therefore there must be contests and coolness-based evolutions!"). If you link your speculation to something that currently exists and is logical, by all means go ahead and post it.

If you want to post all your fabulous ideas about what could be in the games, feel free to start a user group.

Yeah there's a difference between talking about stuff revealed today and then turning around and arguing about Slyveon's type for 10 pages while also saying what cool moves/animals/features you want in the series

Ok, that's understandable I guess. It's just that a lot of the speculation will naturally be not very well backed up no matter what. But if you're only referring to a few extremes of that, then yeah...

Earlier someone had dismissed the close correlation between Flame Charge and the possibility that the bird could gain a fire typing. Yes, this is Game Freak we are dealing with and they may well be trolling us in this regard. I find this quite unlikely however. Flame Charge is learned almost exclusively by fire types, with only three exceptions. This suggests a close relationship between knowing the move and having the fire type. The bird's red coloration supports the possibility of it gaining the type as well. No one knows for sure yet, but it is a logical conclusion.

OH and about a week ago i remembered that "éclair" can be used as a verb, if i'm not mistaken. at least, i've heard it used in a song in that way.

so, they call it mewtwo's awakened forme, yeah? well, apparently, "éclair" can also be used to mean "enlighten"

mewtwo's awakened forme... mewtwo's enlightened forme... same thing, right?

i just remembered because i'm watching "kyurem vs la lame de la justice" because the english dub is just sooooooooo bad.

OH and about a week ago i remembered that "éclair" can be used as a verb, if i'm not mistaken. at least, i've heard it used in a song in that way.

so, they call it mewtwo's awakened forme, yeah? well, apparently, "éclair" can also be used to mean "enlighten"

mewtwo's awakened forme... mewtwo's enlightened forme... same thing, right?

i just remembered because i'm watching "kyurem vs la lame de la justice" because the english dub is just sooooooooo bad.
I'm thinking now that the original leaker might have just been joking, like in the sense of it reminded him of an eclair or something

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Man, I sleep for a day and suddenly CoroCoro has leaked. Guess I'll sleep for a whole week next month!!!!

Did Hiro make a claim that it was going to be revealed this month or did people just assume as much.

If the former than yeah pretty much & I wonder if he's backpeddled any
He said we'd get info about the new type until July. I'll start to call it bullshit if we don't have anything by June, though.

Earlier someone had dismissed the close correlation between Flame Charge and the possibility that the bird could gain a fire typing. Yes, this is Game Freak we are dealing with and they may well be trolling us in this regard. I find this quite unlikely however. Flame Charge is learned almost exclusively by fire types, with only three exceptions. This suggests a close relationship between knowing the move and having the fire type. The bird's red coloration supports the possibility of it gaining the type as well. No one knows for sure yet, but it is a logical conclusion.
Problem is, Rattata learns Flame Wheel and Blitzle/Zebstrika learns Flame Charge by lol level-up. While it's perfectly possible, even probable, it's going to evolve into a Fire/Flying, this could totally be a curveball and I've had enough disappointments with BW to expect anything different (see: Oshawott learning Revenge).

I'm not sure how many of you believe in what 'Pokebeach' says, but the website posted more speculation on what's to come. Felt I should say that here.

Oh shoot... Parting Remark is going to change a lot if it gets any decent distribution. Does it lower offenses? A good way to bring in frailer pokemon or set up sweepers. Does it lower defenses? A good way to threaten otherwise sturdy mons.

Oh shoot... Parting Remark is going to change a lot if it gets any decent distribution. Does it lower offenses? A good way to bring in frailer pokemon or set up sweepers. Does it lower defenses? A good way to threaten otherwise sturdy mons.
Yeah...I recently noticed that it's an amazing move. I guess the question is whether or not the stat change is guaranteed and, if it is, is the stat random?

Regardless, we now have a 3rd addition (not counting baton pass) to the "Uturn Family"

Super hyped about this new info. As a quick note, lets not make the mistake of using moves to determine a future pokemon's type. Wasn't Blitzle originally revealed as an electric type with a nod to it knowing Flame Charge? I know they used it to showcase Wild Charge, but still.

I'm digging the new designs, with the exception of Yayakoma robin. The colors/proportions don't seem coherent, unlike say Taillow whose contrasting colors still fit together. Fighting Panda is my favorite, hopefully it becomes Fight/Dark.

Riding gimmick is cool, whatever I guess. Unless they expand this to show which pokemon you're surfing on or something. Digging the Electric Giga Drain (great name too, since Parabolas invariably loop back to the direction they came from), and that status U-Turn has potential.

yeah, i've been wondering if/when they'll ever do custom sprites for surfing/flying. my main question about that is, if, say, bulbasaur was hacked to have these moves... what would happen?

would it somehow work but look weird? would it glitch up? would they have to include all of their animations with this a la arceus ??? forme just so that the game doesn't lock up? if that was necessary, i highly doubt they'd do it, simply due to the massive work output.

NEW INFO WOOP WOOP.

They all look sorta cool, especially the panda. Also, we finally have a goat, which means we're one step closer to replicating the Western Zodiac with Pokemon.

Also, has anyone considered the possibility that Elikiteru may be this gen's Pikaclone?

well, it's not a rodent, and it lacks the cheek sacks... it's possible, but it's a little weird and quite the departure from the norm. still, we can't discount it, eh? it'd be interesting if that was the case.

As a sidenote, while we should ignore the rumors on Pokebeach, it is important to note that Pokemon Smash knocks Fighting, Steel, and Poison out of the running for Sylveon's type, along with the other 7 Eeveelutions and the unlikelihood that it ends up Normal. Just saying.

As a sidenote, while we should ignore the rumors on Pokebeach, it is important to note that Pokemon Smash knocks Fighting, Steel, and Poison out of the running for Sylveon's type, along with the other 7 Eeveelutions and the unlikelihood that it ends up Normal. Just saying.
For clarification: on that eevee & friends segment they've been doing since, what, january? they finally brought on Slyveon (played by the host Shokotan, the voice of Slyveon) and decided to see what type she might be.
This week involved seeing if she was fighting (no), steel (she broke ice, so they brought in poison to see if it worked;I think?), and poison (by virtue of the steel test, also no)

I'm guessing this will be the new gimmick. 3 types a week (2 in the final week) would put the final type test on June 15th aka the release date of corocoro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)