Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I'm curious about is if the Ram pokemon changes its looks every season like Sawsbuck.
I seriously doubt it. Changing per the season is Sawsbuck's shtick, I doubt they'd spread it.

Also, is anyone else interested in the new status screens? Chespin's is right under Froakie. It'll be interesting how they do the 3-D with it, alongside the moves - like Colosseum/XD?

I seriously doubt it. Changing per the season is Sawsbuck's shtick, I doubt they'd spread it.

Also, is anyone else interested in the new status screens? Chespin's is right under Froakie. It'll be interesting how they do the 3-D with it, alongside the moves - like Colosseum/XD?
well it looks like it's just like it appears: 3d model right next to the moves
I'm guessing we can spin it and touch it to make it do a thing

Sadly it looks like what little of the Pokedex we can see (upper right corner of the pokemon scan) also uses the models instead of a sprite or whatever.

Speaking of all this though, can anyone make out what levels Chespin is at?
They both look in the single digits. 6 for Vine Whip (why Vine Whip, it seems made for Razor Leaf), 8 for Rollout?

For clarification: on that eevee & friends segment they've been doing since, what, january? they finally brought on Slyveon (played by the host Shokotan, the voice of Slyveon) and decided to see what type she might be.
This week involved seeing if she was fighting (no), steel (she broke ice, so they brought in poison to see if it worked;I think?), and poison (by virtue of the steel test, also no)

I'm guessing this will be the new gimmick. 3 types a week (2 in the final week) would put the final type test on June 15th aka the release date of corocoro
So they're using type matchups as a sort of "elimination rounds" thing? Because if so, it sounds like Sylveon's type is is Super Effective against Ice. Could you elaborate on what these types tests entail? How did they do the Fighting test, for example?

That Panda guy looks kinda cool, and has potential evolutionarily speaking.

The Robin has Flame Charge? That's interesting... maybe it'll pick up the Fire Type upon evolving?

So fairy type will be super effective against ice and weak to poison and brown cylinders... oh and they'll be able to use nunchucks. Does anybody know for sure this was actually type elimination?

@reaverz It's hard to explain. The Sylveon girl was using nunchucks (well), then a wrestler came and trapped her in a brown cylinder. Ahh the Japanese. Maybe they were trying to say fairy type will be weak to fighting. o_O

So they're using type matchups as a sort of "elimination rounds" thing? Because if so, it sounds like Sylveon's type is is Super Effective against Ice. Could you elaborate on what these types tests entail? How did they do the Fighting test, for example?
I didn't see the tests, just descriptions of the poison thing
I'll need to check a recording

So fairy type will be super effective against ice and weak to poison and brown cylinders... oh and they'll be able to use nunchucks. Does anybody know for sure this was actually type elimination?

@reaverz It's hard to explain. The Sylveon girl was using nunchucks (well), then a wrestler came and trapped her in a brown cylinder. Ahh the Japanese. Maybe they were trying to say fairy type will be weak to fighting. o_O
Ooooooor maybe they are just japanese.

I really think people are looking too much into how she reacted to the tests and that it's simply "well <x> didn't work, so she must be something else!"

but, uh, wackier
If it was type elimination, then I definitely don't get the ice breaking. I wish somebody would translate that bit of smash.

I read that they presented a big rock to her and she couldn't deal with it, which eliminated Fighting. This is interesting, because then it doesn't make sense for them to think she could be Steel after she shattered the ice, because she couldn't shatter the rock and Steel is super effective against Rock!

Yeah, I suppose we are reading far too much into their reactions to the tests, then.

Just looking at the new attacks we know of.
Parting Remark: It lowers the opponent's stats (Unknown to which ones) and switches the user out.
So now we have the complete set. U-turn is Physical, Volt Switch is Special and Parting Remark is Status. I wonder how this will be used in competitive battling?

Parabola Charge: Heals the user while damaging the opponent.
So basically an Electric type Giga Drain? If it is Special and it is just as strong as Giga Drain...Eviolite Magneton would love that move. And quite a few others too.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
About Pokémon Smash: breaking rocks with their own fists would make Sylveon Fighting-type, not "SE on Rock". This is probably why they went and tested for Steel.

I just hope these tests don't mean Sylveon's type is SE on Ice... I don't want it to have yet another weakness, nor do I want Sylveon to be Rock or Fire (lol Flareon)...

Oh, I'm liking Yayakoma. The fact it is based on a komadori yet learns Flame Charge intrigues me. However, as Yayakoma also resembles a roadrunner chick so there is also a chance that if it evolves its Order may change (like Wingull to Peliper) instead of just looking like a adult version of itself (like Tailow to Swellow).

The ability to ride Gogoat also makes excited as well. I sincerely hope the do with other large, quadrupedal pokemon (Rapidash, Zebstrika, and the Legendary Beasts certainly spring to mind as worthy mounts). However, this all depends on how the dev team executes the Gogoat riding feature.

And we can finally customize or trainers a bit! I don't care if there's only three things to customize - It's a step in the right direction, after all! GameFreak earned back some of my respect for doing that - and they will earn a ****-ton more when we can finally customize our outfits on a handheld.

As for the trainers' designs, I like them both. The Boy has a more outdoor, athletic feel to him (perfect for hiking though forests, caves, and challenging gyms), while the girl gives off a not-so-sheltered uptown girl feel (making her perfect for whatever gym diversion we have this gen). The black bracelet/bangle/wristwatch thing both of them are wearing also caught my eye. I'm guessing that that is most likely the Poke Gear/Nav/Tch/C-gear of this gen -as the "PokeTech accessory" (instant terminology ftw!) is usually visible in the PC's official artwork. Seeing the new pokedex also makes me wonder if there will be a pokedex toy this gen or if the toymakers will make a covers for iPads and other tablets (Pokedex iOS, I'm looking at you).

i'd highly enjoy freaking people out in public when i whip out my "pokedex" and point it at a pidgeon in the park.

"DEXTER! GODDAMMIT DEXTER! SCAN. THIS. POKEMON. DEXTER. CAN YOU HEAR ME? SPEAK, FRIEND!"

that would almost be good enough of a reason to get an iphone. almost.

Just looking at the new attacks we know of.
Parting Remark: It lowers the opponent's stats (Unknown to which ones) and switches the user out.
So now we have the complete set. U-turn is Physical, Volt Switch is Special and Parting Remark is Status. I wonder how this will be used in competitive battling?

Parabola Charge: Heals the user while damaging the opponent.
So basically an Electric type Giga Drain? If it is Special and it is just as strong as Giga Drain...Eviolite Magneton would love that move. And quite a few others too.
It would have been nice if it said what stats are lowered.
All of them?
A random assortment?
Be less vague, magazines!

oh man...Electric/Normal...so how GOOD it this evolution going to be I wonder.
Honestly I LOVE this damn Lizard though, it's so cool looking, I think it may actually end up evolving into the frill lizard we have all be dreaming of...on another note...it's "headband" thingy kind of reminds me of Lucario and Riolu...
a bit similar, no?

After months of waiting, finally some actual new info! Really like all of the designs actually - the robin and the panda are my favourites, though the lizard and goat are both really cool too. The character customization option has been a long time coming, but it's awesome that it'll finally be implemented (though the male designs are a little bit eughh).

I'm also really stoked with this "Parabola Charge" attack. Not only has it got a cool name, but an electric Giga Drain could really be useful competitively; it's not a stretch to assume, for example, that Rotom-W could get this attack - which could potentially make it's bulky attacker set with Will-O-Wisp even more annoying, as well as adding some longevity to the choiced sets. Unfortunately, it would be competing for a slot with Volt Switch though, so Rotom-W will probably have some 4MSS. (Sorry if this is 'baseless speculating'; however, so long as this is not a signature attack/ exclusive, it seems fairly likely that the majority of electric types will get it).

Parting Remark has the potential to be ridiculous, depending on what it does. There are a number of fighting types that could potentially use this attack (Terrakion often has a slot to spare), and with great effect. If it lowers your opponents' attack, then that allows you to bring in a set-up sweeper; if it lowers defense, then you can bring in a Choiced mon, to put some good pressure on your opponent. Whatever stat it lowers, it will still be damn useful; hell, people are willing to use Baton Pass (for dry-passing), so basically any move that lets you switch and does something handy to boot is probs going to be pretty good.

Parting Remark has the potential to be ridiculous, depending on what it does. There are a number of fighting types that could potentially use this attack (Terrakion often has a slot to spare), and with great effect. If it lowers your opponents' attack, then that allows you to bring in a set-up sweeper; if it lowers defense, then you can bring in a Choiced mon, to put some good pressure on your opponent. Whatever stat it lowers, it will still be damn useful; hell, people are willing to use Baton Pass (for dry-passing), so basically any move that lets you switch and does something handy to boot is probs going to be pretty good.
parting remark would be good if and only if it was an ability like intimidate. anything less would be just as good as growl and screech. although if it's like snarl and icy wind it has the potential to be useful in vgc but oh yeah nobody here cares about that.

now that i think about it, weren't we talking about a special attack lowering ability in the old thread? are we sure that it's a move (dumb question)?

e: cracking down on dumb stuff earns this thread a luvdisc from me. :)

not true, simply due to its unique quality of allowing you to switch whilst using it, thus gaining switch advantage. lowers defence? bring in your sweeper to ko the poke it couldn't otherwise. lowers offense? bring in your more fragile mon so it can survive the incoming attack and get a boost. lowers speed? bring in your pokemon that would normally be outsped and wreck havoc.

parting remark would be good if and only if it was an ability like intimidate. anything less would be just as good as growl and screech. although if it's like snarl and icy wind it has the potential to be useful in vgc but oh yeah nobody here cares about that.
Um... you do know it lets you switch out, right?

Let's pretend that it drops attack by 1 stage.
Oh no, swampert is scary and nothing left resists it! I have something with a grass move but I don't think I can switch in without sacrificing something. OH WAIT. I can drop his attack stat AND switch at the same time! Hooray for that!

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Riding on cars Pokemon, zettai ryouiki, a pandamon (3 gens too late but w/e) and customizable appearances.

Christmas came early for me.

Not sure if this is bordering on rumors / speculation, but the 4th post here http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/66054428?page=1 is dated May 1st and lines up with Pokebeach's additional "info." If anyone was wondering.

On a more concrete note, does anyone else think that Gogoat might not evolve? Seems possible given its height and weight, but I don't think CoroCoro has had a habit of introducing stand-alone pokemon in recent generations.

Also, when is the English site expected to update, and does anyone have a link to the Pokemon Smash episode?

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
On a more concrete note, does anyone else think that Gogoat might not evolve? Seems possible given its height and weight, but I don't think CoroCoro has had a habit of introducing stand-alone pokemon in recent generations.
Well, Boufallant was a pre-release pokémon, and I think there are too many similarities between it and Gogoat. I'd say it's safe to assume it's a random pure-Grass 490 BST pokémon you find by the third badg--ok maybe I'm stretching here. But I don't expect much from it; if anything, it's there only for the riding gimmick.

Death Phenomeno

I'm polite so just for clarity, when I'm cross I
is a Contributor Alumnus
Am I the only one who keeps reading Yanchamu ( ヤンチャム) 's name as Yamcha? First the new Mewtwo, now this.

Regardless, I really really like the panda. I hope that it (and/or its evolution if it happens to have one) ends up being useful. And if not, I'm planning on using it regardless.

If Parting Remark really works as advertised, I hope it gets good distribution (unlike, say, After You, which is mostly learned by very slow Pokémon).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)