Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started it. A sectionalized Pokedex reminds me of habitats. It seems to me like they're looking to make the player more cognizant of the way animals (and some plant life) in ecosystems work.
I for one would actually be happy with a return of habitats like they did for FR/LG, or at least a facsimile like the stuff we're shown here. Also, yes, I think some Pokemon would be in more than one Dex.

To go back to the whole starter=region thing, I would think it would be neat to start out in a different area depending on what starter you chose. This could even allow for a more diffucult game, seeing that in different areas there are different Pokémon and trainers. The levels will have to scale, of course.

Helio . . .

Helios . . .

Could it be hinting at a Electric/Fire evolution(or forme)?
"The lizard, Elikiteru (エリキテル), is the Generator Pokemon and is Electric/Normal-type. It has a new move called Parabola Charge which has an effect like Giga Drain. Elikiteru soaks up the sun's rays to generate electricity for itself. It is 0.5m and 6.0kg.

Soaks up Sunlight to Generate Electricity...hmm...the generator Pokemon...hmm...*DING* I've got it!

If that is true, then it can POTENTIALLY become a Electric/Grass type OR EVEN A Electric/Steel type and have a pretty nice movelist spread. But since this is GameFreak were talking about it'll probably stay Electric/Normal...which I have NO PROBLEM with.
Can someone Photoshopped me a frilled lizard with Solar Panels on it's frills?

Poor Spinda </3
Just wait for it to get a BOSS evoluiton and people will come back...the same thing happened in Gen 5 with all the new "gen 5 versions" on older pokemon...IE Conkeldurr=Machamp...or Zoroark=Lucario...or Kyurem=Giratina for example.

Is there a link to the Pokemon Smash episode so I can watch it? That sounds HILARIOUS!
Also...if Fairy is super effective to Ice types (which makes 0 sense) and Super effective BY Poison types...then we have a potentially AMAZING new metagame to deal with.
FINALLY...ALL THESE DAMN DRAGONS WILL HAVE THEIR DAYS NUMBERED!

Dragons are supposed to be extremely strong. They are meant to be rare Pokemon found late in the game. They are also given 4x weaknesses to balance things out. In BW the new dragons don't have a 4x weakness but luckily have bad speed. They are fine as they are. My problem is that some types are underpowered, such as Poison and Ice. A Light type would help make them more viable. Hopefully it comes true. Does Sylveon look like a steel type?

Parting Remark lowers Attack AND Special attack - presumably one stage?

Parabolic Charge heals the user! Sounds like an Electric-type Horn Leech (I hope it's powerful)

Parting Shot is a new move that Pancham can learn. The user lowers the target's Attack and Special Attack, then switches itself out for another Pokémon in the party.
Sounds nice for frail or setup trappers actually. I was afraid that it'd give speed drops or something, but this is better. If this has good distribution, things like SubCM Gothitelle would become more powerful. Of course, GF might make it a signature move or something.

So the new region is called kalos...what does it mean? Also what if newtwo and mew get retyped into fairy? It might be the reason mewtwo gets a new forme.

Kalos definitely sounds more Greek than French, but the region I s definitely France. That big city is exactly where Paris is in real life... Loving the graphics. Reading the Serebii update, first thing: "Gogoat will be called Gogoat".

Christ on a crutch, Elekitel really is Helioptile after all. And the Kalos region is kinda pretty, I like the heavy use of rivers. Does this mean we'll have greater access to more Water/aquatic Pokemon? You can kind of make out the starting routes on the map, but everything branches out after Miare City. Or is it that all roads lead to Miare City :P?

So the supposed English names from that "insider" is true? He also mentioned Parobolic (or something) Charge back in February. He also posted this somewhere?

Fairy will be a new type. It is weak to Poison and Steel, immune to Dragon, super effective against Dragon, Dark, and Fighting, and Fire and Psychic-type Pokemon take half damage from it.

Sylveon is Fairy-type. Some older Pokemon will be reclassified to Fairy, such as Mawile (Steel/Fairy).

Mewtwo has two new formes, not just one. Both are activated via items.

The professor's English name is Patrice.

The Starter final evolutions are Fire/Psychic, Grass/Fighting, and Water/Dark.

The first Gym is Bug, the second is Fairy, and the fourth is Fighting.

A few attacks will be dual-typed.

There will be a new type of battling style that Flying-type Pokemon and Pokemon with Levitate can participate in.

You will be able to see a Pokemon's EVs at a certain in-game facility. You will be able to boost the EVs through mini-games. It will take about two hours to get one stat to max EVs.

Interesting.

Did I miss the part where we discussed how blatantly obvious it is on the official site that Sylveon is Flying type?

Imo the fairy theories are dead.

After looking at the cities on the map I think this new region represents the N-W of Europe(from Norway in the north to France in the south and Switzerland in the east). It does not respect the exact positions of the countries in the real world. The middle city is of course Paris. The western most structure on the map I think is Stonehenge. The electric windmills(wind turbines)+ something that generates geothermal energy(it represents clean energy) just north-west of Paris could represent any west european country but I think its Germany. South-east of Paris the garden and city/palace could be either Schonbrun representing Austria or it could also be Versailles also in France. North of Paris could be Norway(mainly because one of the houses looks like it has grass on it. To the east of Paris there is a traditional windmill which represents the Netherlands. If you look from Versailles eastwards the structure that has snow represents either Swizerland or Austria( Innsbruck). The other structures I don't know what they represents. I could be wrong but this is my opinion.

Just wondering, could this snowy place northern side of the river be Finland? Appears to be kinda like our southern coast.

I mean. Almost perfect coastline + snow + placed in same direction as Finland is in Europe.

Did anyone notice that Parabolic Charge (official English name) exceeds the normal 12-character limit?
I would assume that's due to the upgrade to the 3DS filesize. The engine has finally evolved and this is one of the things that this step forward allows. Same with the transition away from grid based movement. In gen 1-5 every trigger/script/event is programmed in to the tiles. This appears to no longer be the case.

The changes under the hood are honestly a pretty big deal this generation.

I honestly do not like the names at all except for Yancham's. Heliotype and Fletchling seem very different compared to early generation names, it seems to me that they are not Pokemon names at all.

Also, Pokemon made a new YouTube video with GAMEPLAY! I can't link atm so I can't really provide anything else :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)