Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Oh wow. In the past week, we've got more new information than we've had for all four months before.

From Serebii. Please visit his site and click the ads. I and the rest of the Net are now stealing his bandwidth...

This is very interesting. Here follow my thoughts about the map. Please don't mind the lack of coherence:

All roads lead to Lumiose City, it seems, though roads appear to be scarce between the other cities. On the other hand, it might seem like we can surf the rivers to travel between them.

The Pokémon League appears to be about mid-right in the picture, directly East of Lumiose City. The towers - four small and one big - are heavily reminiscent of the Unova League's setup. What we might see below it is the entrance to Victory Road, with a single Pokémon Center. Other, though less plausible, locations are the mountains in the northeast (shrouded by clouds), or the weird castle to the far west.

The starting town appears to be in the very North or very South. Or perhaps we'll even start in Lumiose City, and "unlock" the different roads out of the city as the game progresses.

A tunnel - or an aquaduct? - can be seen to the extreme right. I wonder what that is for? Note the long-winded path to get there.If it's shown on the map, it has to have some importance. This is also why I'm intrigued about the two triangles below the southernmost town, the glowing bush to the very southeast (Xerneas' place?), the minecart tracks in the northeast, the ruins north of the snowflake mill, or the thingamabob in the forest on the westernmost peninsula.

The structure in the desert look awfully random, though. I know this is an artistic rendition, like a theme park map, but still... they look very out of place.

I guess what we see below the weird manor to the west, north of the big flower beds, is the Day Care. It doesn't appear to be a post-game area.

In the cliffs below the southwesternmost houses on the picture, you can see a small cave. I guess it is connected to other caves in the mountain above it. The cave opening is reachable by a surf trip from the nearby beach.

Speaking of caves, let's go east again. Below the "aquaduct" you can see two small islets in the river. Is that a tiny cave opening to their left?

I'm sure more wild theories will come from me in the next few days. Mods who dislike people cluttering the thread, have mercy with me!

@cobraroll; that's a very nice and also a good idea how the new region would be like even though it's not official but I'm liking the design !

as for the new release of info on X&Y is probably because we're at the halfway point until october. I'd expect sylveon typing to be a mystery until maybe corocoro release of july/august.

I'm not sure if anyone has noticed yet but..

There are clearly plants and leaves in the Pokemon X box art and clouds in the Pokemon Y box art. I don't think it would be surprising for Yveltal to be a Flying type, but could this be an indication that Xerneas is a Grass type?

I really want to build a VoltTurn team around a fast, bulky support/lead with Parting Shot and some hazards. Force switches everywhere, wear things down with U-turn/Volt Switch/SR/Spikes damage.

I think Game Freak decided stall needed a boost, and their answer was "MAKE IT VOLTTURN TOO."

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
The stone structures on the west side of the map look like Stonehenge. Could a part of England be in the game?
I think it's just meant to be an English landmark thrown in to a mostly French-inspired region. "Hey, England is nearby! Let's include something from there too!"

Or it might just be a different henge. Apparently, Stonehenge isn't the only one, and there might very well be one in France too.

I think it's just meant to be an English landmark thrown in to a mostly French-inspired region. "Hey, England is nearby! Let's include something from there too!"

Or it might just be a different henge. Apparently, Stonehenge isn't the only one, and there might very well be one in France too.
Maybe it's inspired by the Lascaux caves, but they are actually very different and far from that place.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Oh my word, everything seems to be so pretty!
Mind blown!!

-------------------------

So I guess someone just wants to ignore Sylveon's weakness against poison and advantage towards ice, simply because of a "hinted" pattern/ puzzle?

They even got Mont Saint-Michel in the game! :) But I don't think the region is meant to represent europe - but France. Stonehenge is in, but that seems to be the only non-french thing. (or in the close vincinity). The aqueduct/electric rail thing, could it be CERN? : O it looks a little like a tube as well, I guess. The snowy parts are most likely some kind of Lake Geneva.

Also, is that a clock on the tree to the north? Anyways, the region feels much bigger tha ever before.

Info overload! I'm loving the map. It's huge, extremely varied, and very creatively designed for once. I wonder why they pointed out its star-shape.

If that guy got the english names of those pokemon right, that's a pretty big deal. Was it the same guy who said all those rumors about fairy being immune to dragon, dual type attacks, etc or not?

Helioptile looks much better now to me since its dog ears actually spread out in battle, making it actually look like a frilled lizard.

You can see the player slightly and smoothly adjusting their direction as they run (like in colosseum/xd). So I'd say the grid layout is definitely over, despite the tall grass still having a tiled design.

I'm also very pleased about starting in the north for once. So far, we've always started in the south. Gotta love GF finally mixing things up.

Also, you can change clothes!! *nerdgasm*

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Info overload! I'm loving the map. It's huge, extremely varied, and very creatively designed for once. I wonder why they pointed out its star-shape.

If that guy got the english names of those pokemon right, that's a pretty big deal. Was it the same guy who said all those rumors about fairy being immune to dragon, dual type attacks, etc or not?

Helioptile looks much better now to me since its dog ears actually spread out in battle, making it actually look like a frilled lizard.

You can see the player slightly and smoothly adjusting their direction as they run (like in colosseum/xd). So I'd say the grid layout is definitely over, despite the tall grass still having a tiled design.
I agree with you on everything.

I think the star shaped routes is to make sure we know we can walk diagonally? xD
Maybe we walk using the circle pad?

Do you think it's just for the city areas though? :/
I'm also very pleased about starting in the north for once. So far, we've always started in the south. Gotta love GF finally mixing things up
I couldn't agree more

I agree with you on everything.

I think the star shaped routes is to make sure we know we can walk diagonally? xD
Maybe we walk using the circle pad?
Yeah, that might have something to do with it. Although technically unova had diagonal routes. But then again, you couldn't tell just from looking at the raw environmental map (without dots and lines). I think it probably is mainly to continue to point out that Kalos is based on France (they have almost the exact same star-shape). Which also leads into that interesting point somebody made about Yvelines.
Do you think it's just for the city areas though? :/
I don't know why they would do something weird like that. I hope not. For one thing, it would really throw you off every time you go in and out of cities.

So the supposed English names from that "insider" is true? He also mentioned Parobolic (or something) Charge back in February. He also posted this somewhere?

Fairy will be a new type. It is weak to Poison and Steel, immune to Dragon, super effective against Dragon, Dark, and Fighting, and Fire and Psychic-type Pokemon take half damage from it.

Sylveon is Fairy-type. Some older Pokemon will be reclassified to Fairy, such as Mawile (Steel/Fairy).

Mewtwo has two new formes, not just one. Both are activated via items.

The professor's English name is Patrice.

The Starter final evolutions are Fire/Psychic, Grass/Fighting, and Water/Dark.

The first Gym is Bug, the second is Fairy, and the fourth is Fighting.

A few attacks will be dual-typed.

There will be a new type of battling style that Flying-type Pokemon and Pokemon with Levitate can participate in.

You will be able to see a Pokemon's EVs at a certain in-game facility. You will be able to boost the EVs through mini-games. It will take about two hours to get one stat to max EVs.

Interesting.
Thanks for posting this.
If Fairy is real, then it's going to spit in the face of Celebi unless it gets triple typing. Still, it could give Wigglytuff and other 1st gen normal types a useful 2nd type?
Weak to Steel and Poison because "virtually nothing is weak to these"
Strong against dragons because "something else has to be"
It's so obviously "fixes dragons" that it probably shouldn't be real... although it could be.

2 forms: Sure, why not. But you really mean "3 forms", with 1 not being released until Z.

2nd gym being Fairy doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Even if they reclassify old pokemon, I can't believe there'd be enough of them to do a decent gym out of that early in the game. IE, you don't want to see "uber super rare junky pokemon" in the 2nd gym.

Dual-typed attacks... makes me think Scald might be getting an unfortunate retyping?

In-game, more hands-on EV training sounds nice. Not action-replayed wings-nice, but nice.

Interesting that there comes forest again beyond the northeast alpine area. Could be a suitable place for Yggdrasill if there is one.
Also the corresponding French name is Ardennes whose second section

Although still not as close as Pyrenees after all the stretches.

saw a few people earlier say that pancham had wings but it seems more like it's supposed to emulate a scarf of sorts.

Not wings, at least.

I wonder where Xerneas and Yveltal will be? we know that Xerneas will be In a forest and Yveltal flies but at what location will they appear? hmm...

Not quite, judging by the way the grass looks in the picture below. The only real difference implied so far seems to be that we can walk diagonally now.

We knew we could move in at least 8 directions before the new trailer, because of a new picture that was shown. Based on that, there could have still been a grid system. In the trailer though, you clearly see it's not just 8 directions.

Also it's not like it's impossible for a world to be set up like a grid but still allow free movement.
See: Animal Crossing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)