Brawl Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I like the Assist Trophies as they increase the amount of characters, there will be some moments where you're pretty much kicked in the crotch when they reveal characters you wanted to be playable.

"RIDLEY'S IN!! - as an Assist."

EDIT:
Assist Trophies allow you to enjoy even more characters who couldn’t quite make it as playable fighters. You may even see some that only the most dedicated fans will recognize, so you’ll have to look forward to them.
This may mean any Japan or US - only characters might actually appear.

StrangerDanger

RETURN TO COMPETITIVE POKEMON ISLAND
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Yeah, it was like that with me and Samurai Goroh.

I flipped my shit, thinking he was entering the fray, and then i read the whole thing.

uh.

10 to 1, King DeDeDe's an assist.

As much as I like the Assist Trophies as they increase the amount of characters, there will be some moments where you're pretty much kicked in the crotch when they reveal characters you wanted to be playable.

"RIDLEY'S IN!! - as an Assist."

EDIT:

This may mean any Japan or US - only characters might actually appear.
Sonic anyone? >.> <.<

Sonuis

Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated!
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This requires a Las Vegas book keeper. If the removal of Ice Climbers and Mr. Game & Watch is true, then I'm going to guess that they'll definitely be Assist Trophy characters.

Let's just hope Assist Trophies dont have a Goldeen/Marill/Wobbuffet counterpart, yeah?
It looks like the Nintendog trophy is already a counterpart =/

Also, a friend of mine died from a Marill once :x We all use it against him whenever he comments on someone's mistake in any video game

Also, a friend of mine died from a Marill once :x We all use it against him whenever he comments on someone's mistake in any video game
Same. You can actually die from a Marill in Game and Watch's stage if you're at the right spot. Every time a Marill appears now I shout stuff like OH MY GOD DUDE GET OUT OF THE WAY at him.

I had a Marill screw me over once when I was trying to wall jump up between two skyscrapers in Fourside and it just came flying on down for me.

By "different flavor" I hope they mean that he'll actually be able to damage opponents now.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before but there is definitely something off with the writing style of that page.

Steelicks

Come here and Battle me!
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
its a dodgy translation from japanese i think... when you look at the list of countries to select from, the first is japan, so thats probably the authors first language

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Nah, that looks too fast for a F-smash, I know bowser was low tier, but I don't think they're gonna make him like fox.
How can you possibly estimate the speed from a still shot? For all you know he could've wound up for a full second before that strike.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Deck demands a Geno Assist Trophy.

If you don't know who Geno is you clearly missed Super Mario RPG, and that, my friends, is a crime.

Deck demands a Geno Assist Trophy.

If you don't know who Geno is you clearly missed Super Mario RPG, and that, my friends, is a crime.
<3 Virtual Console

But on topic, Bowser finally being confirmed makes me a very happy man indeed. He was shit in SSBM but still my favorite character to play around with, hopefully he'll be at least mid this time around and I might actually bother playing competitively. >_>

...No it doesn't. It's impossible to know how fast it is just by looking at a single picture.
it is, that's right. But it LOOKS like it's a faster attack then bowser attacks from melee. And I'm sure the pic is made with a good camera and you can still see a bit of the different frames.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm hoping assist trophies have something that pokeballs don't, that makes them unique. But I still like the idea of a pokeball, assist trophy only battle.

StrangerDanger

Although this is disproven by the Nintendogs....

I'd love to have every character have specific assist trophy, like have boswer's assist be hammer bros, Captain Falcon's be Goroh, etc.

The only thing i COULD see having nintendogs,
is if it were the Mii's,

But eh.

StrangerDanger

Sorry for the double post, but i HAD to be the first to say

HOLY CHRIST AT BOWSER'S FINAL SMASH.

That, his graphical Redeux, and the promise of a useful bowser up his chances of being in my smash arsenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)