Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed that the boxes for X and Y look kind of thick. Are they supposed to come packaged with something, or are 3DS game cases just unneccesarily thick?

And I'm also highly convinced that the mystery Pokemon seen in the new Pokedex shot is
The mock up boxes are always fairly thick for some reason. I'm not sure why

The mock up boxes are always fairly thick for some reason. I'm not sure why
The mock-up boxes are made thick for the same reason Big Macs look bigger in the commercials - it's easier to advertise a product that the customer thinks they're getting more out of. Of course, for video games, it also helps to just have more space for the text to be visible and more easily read.

Also why is no one talking about Stonehenge in the left hand part of the map

It looks so sessi

The mock-up boxes are made thick for the same reason Big Macs look bigger in the commercials - it's easier to advertise a product that the customer thinks they're getting more out of. Of course, for video games, it also helps to just have more space for the text to be visible and more easily read.

Also why is no one talking about Stonehenge in the left hand part of the map

It looks so sessi
My kid brother thinks that the rows of stones leading up to the stonehenge looks like a rock farm. I'm curious about that odd-one-out rock that's furthest to the west, but I didn't feel that it was worth mentioning. I would have started speculating about getting Spiritomb.

On the topic of old Pokemon, I'm a bit excited about the prospect of seeing Hoenn Pokemon again. Knowing that Zigzagoon and (maybe)Roselia will be there makes me hopeful that we will see some of the evolutions for Gen 3 Pokemon that have been speculated about.

A leaker on 4chan's /vp/ has clarified that there are no dual-typed attacks; he used the example of a Fighting-type attack that gets STAB when used by a Fighting-type Pokemon, but its weakness and resistances are calculated as if it were a Flying-type attack, kind of like Psyshock using the opponent's Defense stat in calculating damage.
I always thought it would be cool to have an ability that gives STAB on a type of move. So you could have a Dragon/Ground with an ability ("Inner Flame" say) that applies a x1.5 multiplier to Fire attacks. :P

Apparently Masuda just tweeted something on behalf of GameFreak:

twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/status/334836352262750209

For anyone who knows Japanese, could you please translate? It's probably nothing, but who knows...

I don't get why out of all the out-there supposed leaks from pokebeach, dual typed attacks are getting so much flak/attention. The prospect of another new mewtwo form this gen seems much more absurd to me. The theory that the one we know is the "X form" and we have yet to learn about the "Y form" seems relatively plausible. But everything we know about it in relation to the movie just completely throws the idea out the window as far as I'm concerned.

Also, fairy being super effective against fighting would be pretty weird after that pokemon smash segment. The fighting type bit was to say sylveon isn't fighting type herself, but still.

Apparently Masuda just tweeted something on behalf of GameFreak:

twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/status/334836352262750209

For anyone who knows Japanese, could you please translate? It's probably nothing, but who knows...
Masuda tweets and replies all the time
This one you can even use google translate and get the gist: Guy tweets that he watched the Keldeo movie with his parents who ususally dislike anime; Masuda is glad that even adults can like it
I glad! Adults can enjoy! ! RT @ Rsiynoa : @ Junichi_Masuda Masuda! If I had watched the movie yesterday in Kerudio home, ♡ I was glad ♡ parents hate anime was also tried together
Honestly, why this one tweet did you single out anyway

Masuda tweets and replies all the time
This one you can even use google translate and get the gist: Guy tweets that he watched the Keldeo movie with his parents who ususally dislike anime; Masuda is glad that even adults can like it

Honestly, why this one tweet did you single out anyway
Heh, I figured. Some folks at GameFAQs flipped out about this "new tweet" so I thought maybe there could have been something. My bad!

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Just passing by to say that "leaker" from /vp/ is an asshat known as Monsieur Leaker (really). He's probably Mr. XY, trying to "troll" everyone again. He's the source of that talk of Yveltal being the Destroyer and Xerneas the Creator, and also the one who "explained" how dual-type moves work.

Sigh, this is what happens when sites simply steal info only to get a couple hundreds of pageviews...

Edit: Also, WPM( the guy running Pokebeach I assume) says the guy who leaked all of the correct information thus far says we will be receiving a KANTO Starter from Prof.Sycamore. Which happens to be a Tree's name.

Soooo...What happen to Patrice? Unless there's 2 Professors you meet in the game or somehow we're going to the Kanto Region.
Meeting two professors in one game from one region?

well that's just crazy town

Since the source is from the same person who's been giving Pokebeach all of this early information, I have to sorta assume it's true. I don't think we'll be receiving the Kanto starter post-game either.
Guess we'll wait and see...Fennekin/Squirtle/Fletchling ftw!

Since the source is from the same person who's been giving Pokebeach all of this early information, I have to sorta assume it's true. I don't think we'll be receiving the Kanto starter post-game either.
Guess we'll wait and see...Fennekin/Squirtle/Fletchling ftw!
The only part that came from WPM's source is that you can receive a Kanto starter from a Professor Sycamore, since that's all he said about that. He said nothing about what point in the game you will be receiving it. The one who said that this will be early in the game could have just made that part up, and that person didn't even mention the Professor's name (because he probably didn't know it).

Or maybe Z legendary will be white, since Yveltal and Xerneas are red and blue respectively. Blue, White and Red make the Tricolore of France. Since the game's set in France, this would somewhat make sense.

Or maybe Z legendary will be white, since Yveltal and Xerneas are red and blue respectively. Blue, White and Red make the Tricolore of France. Since the game's set in France, this would somewhat make sense.
if they did that, i wouldn't be surprised really. I mean they did something similar with the regions dex.

Ok I could understand Light type speculation since it actually makes sense

But Fairy type? How would you fit that into the typing chart? Fairy type makes absolutely no sense at all, really.

Dark Fallen Angel

FIDDLESTICKS IS ALSO GOOD ON MID!
I've saw this image on a Facebook page, it is in portuguese, but there is the explanation; the Pokémon images on the official site all have a different background color. Sylveon and Fletching have different colors; and the colors seems to be related to their types. This means that Sylveon is not a Flying-type since Fletching's background color is blue and Sylveon's background color is pink.

Oh, and as of note, Sylveon cannot be a Psychic-type because the supposed new Mewtwo form has a different background color (purple). This is an heavy evidence that there will be a new type.

The image in question is:

I've saw this image on a Facebook page, it is in portuguese, but there is the explanation; the Pokémon images on the official site all have a different background color. Sylveon and Fletching have different colors; and the colors seems to be related to their types. This means that Sylveon is not a Flying-type since Fletching's background color is blue and Sylveon's background color is pink.

Oh, and as of note, Sylveon cannot be a Psychic-type because the supposed new Mewtwo form has a different background color (purple). This is an heavy evidence that there will be a new type.

The image in question is:

The bear, name escapes me at the moment, has a brown background... Did it get confirmed as to what it's type is yet? Because now the fighting type has a decent argument to go with...

And as further support, Gogoat has the same background color as Chespin.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
And as further support, Gogoat has the same background color as Chespin.
Blue could be the background of Normal, Froakie is a darker blue and that makes Xerneas an ever darker blue verging on purple... I dont think you can really read into those background colours that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)