Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
the only things that sound fake to me in that rumor, is dual type attacks, ANOTHER mewtwo form, and the professors name. I mean aren't they always based off of trees?

The cowardly Pokémon Helioptile, a Normal- and Electric-type Pokémon, can generate enough electricity through sunbathing to power machinery. But wise Trainers won’t be deterred by Helioptile’s lack of bravery. It knows Parabolic Charge, a brand-new move where Helioptile attacks everything around it. Helioptile’s HP is restored by half the damage taken by those hit.
Thinking a little bit about Helioptile's Electric/Normal typing and it's kind of interesting. It'll only have two defensive weaknesses and a single immunity while Normal and Electric together gives quite good offensive coverage. This is creeping into speculation territory but given the description of how it generates energy I have to wonder whether Solar Power could be an option for its ability. It'd have quite nice synergy with STAB Parabolic Charge (assuming it's special like Giga Drain) since the move heals some HP from the damage dealt.

Seems likely that you'll find it in the area of the map just to the west of the main city. If you look at the big map ( http://www.serebii.net/karos.jpg ) you'll see what looks like wind turbines and some domes built in lava. I guess that's where some electric Pokemon will hang out. Just from the map, this region looks like it will be fun to explore.

Stop talking like you work for Nintendo. Rumors are rumors and there's just as much evidence disproving them as there is proving they could exist. Let people discuss without patronizing them.
And what can people possibly discuss that was not covered in 10K posts?

On second thought, just forget it. I'm sooo sick of talking about these damn rumors that I just don't have the will power to type anymore.

BTW Sylveon's name is confirmed info. It's name origin is not confirmed but Nintendo never releases a document explaining the origin of Pokemon names. What we do have is names in other languages which are Nymphia (Japanese), Nymphali (French) and Feelinara (German) which allude to Nymph and Fee which are all fairies. Then what, I ask, is logical to assume about the name Sylveon? 2+2 = ?

BTW Sylveon's name is confirmed info. It's name origin is not confirmed but Nintendo never releases a document explaining the origin of Pokemon names. What we do have is names in other languages which are Nymphia (Japanese), Nymphali (French) and Feelinara (German) which allude to Nymph and Fee which are all fairies. Then what, I ask, is logical to assume about the name Sylveon? 2+2 = ?
if you are trying to say "oh my god this means he will be fairy type!" then i think that is poor evidence. In all honesty, it could just as easily mean it is flying as a nymph is a wind spirit

if you are trying to say "oh my god this means he will be fairy type!" then i think that is poor evidence. In all honesty, it could just as easily mean it is flying as a nymph is a wind spirit
I don't have to try to say things. I've said what I've said.

uggghghghgh OH LOOK INTERESTING DISCUSSION

Thinking a little bit about Helioptile's Electric/Normal typing and it's kind of interesting. It'll only have two defensive weaknesses and a single immunity while Normal and Electric together gives quite good offensive coverage. This is creeping into speculation territory but given the description of how it generates energy I have to wonder whether Solar Power could be an option for its ability. It'd have quite nice synergy with STAB Parabolic Charge (assuming it's special like Giga Drain) since the move heals some HP from the damage dealt.
I always like the /normal typings because they give interesting combos in terms of resistences and what they can do.
Solar Power sounds like a safe bet and, really, it would be nice to get Solar Power on something that isn't a grass type or charizard
Seems likely that you'll find it in the area of the map just to the west of the main city. If you look at the big map ( http://www.serebii.net/karos.jpg ) you'll see what looks like wind turbines and some domes built in lava. I guess that's where some electric Pokemon will hang out. Just from the map, this region looks like it will be fun to explore.
oh hey i never noticed the lava before, cool catch
Should add a bit of life to what would otherwise be somewhat boring desert

Two plus two equals four, but not always.

I really liked some of the images we've seen of Helioptile, especially this one:

I personally think that Helioptile's frills will become more prominent upon evolution. He's definitely based on a frilled lizard, and I assume he uses the frills similar to solar panels to gather energy. I hope he gets Solar Beam/Sun-based abilities, because that could help a whole lot on Sun teams.

It would have nice synergy with Parabolic Charge, too. Healing off some of the damage it takes every turn and all

Ok, I feel we haven't looked closely enough into some places on the map, and I think there's a lot of unexplored territory in that that we could go a lot deeper into and should be discussed. Here are some things:

• From the desert scene, one of those buildings is resting on lava. Significance of that?
  • That small island in the top left. Remind anyone else of one of the regi islands? I think that has the potential to hold some legend.
  • In what's been assumed to be the starting town at the top of the map, did anyone else notice the grain silo next to what looks like a farm. Significance?
  • People are saying that snowflake "thing" is a windmill, however when I first saw it I thought "satellite". Could it be?

There's more I have to bring up, but I want to launch a bit more discussion before I bring in new ideas. Also, someone made an amazing map locating where known places are as well as possible reasons for places and what real locations these things are based off of, a possible launching point for more discussion. The map:

So? Thoughts, anyone?

Helioptile's family could really help sun teams deal with opposing rain teams. Grass types on sun teams usually rely on sunny day actually being up, and they're weak to the opponent flying types and water types' ice beam. And hey, what is electric super effective against? Water and flying! And it would have a secondary stab to hit the occasional electric type on rain teams, while they've got no way to retaliate well. If Helioptile's family benefits from the sun, that would definitely be useful in weather wars.

@shockwave, Interesting, there were a few things pointed out in that image I hadn't noticed earlier (even after watching several videos about the map and seeing so much discussion about it).

i have seen this image before shockwave. The thing i would have to say interests me the most is those buildings on the lava, and that giant purple crystal. i have a feeling that whole area with the windmills and buildings on lava might be an evil team base area.

By the way, those domes apparently match up to some observatory in ...spain of all things, I think?

I remember seeing images of it way back in January but I can't for the life of me remember the name. It was a pretty spot-on resemblance, though....minus the lava anyway

By the way, those domes apparently match up to some observatory in ...spain of all things, I think?

I remember seeing images of it way back in January but I can't for the life of me remember the name. It was a pretty spot-on resemblance, though....minus the lava anyway
I mean, Stonehenge is in England, yet its got its Pokemon counterpart here in France...

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Don't believe any of the Pokebeach rumours atm, considering they claim the professor will be named Patrice.

I'm really interested in the Stonehenge. I wonder what lurks there. Perhaps a legendary or you know, Trollfreak could make it a useless area like the a lot of the ruins in past games.

Don't believe any of the Pokebeach rumours atm, considering they claim the professor will be named Patrice.
WPM posted the English names of all 4 'mons from the recent CoroCoro scans before they were officially revealed and got them all correct (for the most part). Helioptile's nearly impossible to just guess. The only discrepancy was that the panda turned out to be "Pancham" rather than "Panchum," but that may very well have been a petty typo on the part of WPM's source or someone else down the grapevine of leaked info. Who's to say there wasn't another petty misunderstanding involving the spelling of the professor's name or the language in which the name is "Patrice"?

I'm not trying to preach WPM's other rumors as facts, but let's not completely disregard the whole based on one facet's tendency to instill doubt when 4 other facets have proven true.

---

I'm super stoked about Helioptile! A frill-necked lizard with solar panel powers... Just sounds so cool! Given Helioptile's apparent tendency to assume an upright position, I could totally see it evolving into a Jurassic Park-style Dilophosaurus-like creature. :D

Edit:
I'm excited to see Helioptile's close range attacks because we might get to see it do the goofy frilled lizard run
If we had the system for it here I would upvote this 'til Vegeta had a mental breakdown.

I'm excited to see Helioptile's close range attacks because we might get to see it do the goofy frilled lizard run

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
you mean like this?

[youtube]-elqg3s97zc[/youtube]

But seriously, I am really excited about the structures in the desert. They were easily a stand out in the first video. Reminded me of that lookout before Skyarrow Bridge with the low camera angle. Hopefully something cool actually happens there

The 'Stonehenge' area looks really interesting too, maybe this gen's Deoxys forme change area? (probably feature some Elgyems or something too)

i lol'd at that video even though its so simple xD

frilled solar powered lizard should definitely be helioptile's final evo. in the video its ear things folded out like a hand fan, so maybe this hints at it being a frilled lizard? imagine if its neck frills folded out from one point all the way around its head... :O~ the more i look at it the more i like it, though i will never like its face.

if this thing doesn't get solar power as an ability i will call bullshit

it looks like it would do that anyway since it's already on its hind legs.

also i know venice is in italy, but i couldn't help but feel we would've gotten something like that in this new region. can't wait to see what they'll do with the stonehenge, hopefully they'll include the unown there since they seem to power cool stuff given a legendary like arceus to tell them what to do.

one more thing, i hope the hp bars aren't as small as they look. maybe im wrong, but are they smaller than the ones in the current games?

Ah, that's a nice point indeed.
(I'm not being sarcastic)

------------

Lava area?
Sounds fun.

I'm thinking towards the geothermal electricity too.
Also, it could be well some fire or rock Pokemon dwell.
(Considering lava is molten rock?)
I remember someone telling me how to make 1=2 once. I forget how it's done though.

Electric is primarily a physical type though, will we get more special normal moves, will hyper voice be redistributed (it seemed more like a signature), or will helio actually be a physical lizard ( theres no proof parabola charge is special sacred fire is physical after all)

Did you guys know about this?

The Spotted Salamander can photosynthesize through the rows of spots on its back and has remarkable regenaration abilities, even compared to other reptiles. Also, he's black and yellow. Sound familiar???
I thought about Spotted Salamanders before I considered frilled-neck lizards to be the inspiration for Helioptile, since he looked a little too sleek to be a lizard, though both make perfect sense. Originally, I thought his fill-ear things were supposed to roughly resemble live wires in a generator, or something.

Electric is primarily a physical type though, will we get more special normal moves, will hyper voice be redistributed (it seemed more like a signature), or will helio actually be a physical lizard ( theres no proof parabola charge is special sacred fire is physical after all)
Where are you getting this from? Electric types, on average, are more special than physical, and there are more special Electric attacks than there are physical ones. Not that I don't think It's withing the realm of possibility for Helioptile to become physical, but that first part is a bit off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)