Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought pokemon could get transferred but you had to pay a fine to prevent you from transferring overpowered pokes too early in the game. Or was that just a rumor?

I thought pokemon could get transferred but you had to pay a fine to prevent you from transferring overpowered pokes too early in the game. Or was that just a rumor?
Think for a moment:
If this was even remotely true, or part of a rumor with any sort of credibility, do you really think it would not shut out all other discussion because of how stupid it is

Think for a moment:
If this was even remotely true, or part of a rumor with any sort of credibility, do you really think it would not shut out all other discussion because of how stupid it is
yeah. think xbox one used game bullshit but for pokemon LOL.

[i think i am okay with using post 600 to crap on xbox one]

This is why you need badges to make traded pokemon obey so you don't get overpowered pokes from the start. This trick has worked since gen 1, why would you need to pay a fee ?

Lv 50s vs the 6th gym isn't exactly fair, even if the pokemon moved 1/4th of the time a lv 80 is always going to pick off a lv 30, the concept has it's faults but I wouldn't be surprised if it was accurate the badge system is by no means perfect

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
...It was an in-game fee, guys. Like, you'd pay 300,000 pokédollars or whatever if you tried to transfer a lv70 pokémon by your third badge.

Anyway, that's some bullshit from Monsieur Leaker on 4chan, don't bother.

Brings up an interesting thought actually- Pokemon hasn't (yet) offered DLC- perhaps this will be introduced in the new generation, maybe as an evolution or Legendary/Unique pokemon catching mechanism.

I could see GF making money if they offer a Master Ball for a dollar or 2 and a special episode catching Arceus or whatever for a couple dollars here and there.. Same thing with battle frontier levels extra gym battles...

Whoa, the potential to leech all my hard earned moneys is terrifying

Brings up an interesting thought actually- Pokemon hasn't (yet) offered DLC- perhaps this will be introduced in the new generation, maybe as an evolution or Legendary/Unique pokemon catching mechanism.

I could see GF making money if they offer a Master Ball for a dollar or 2 and a special episode catching Arceus or whatever for a couple dollars here and there.. Same thing with battle frontier levels extra gym battles...

Ugh that sounds absolutely disgusting. Hasn't Nintendo stated more than once that DLC isn't their thing, especially with Pokemon? We get events, that's our DLC, and they're nice enough to not charge us for it. I think the fact that they could have done DLC as early as D/P and have chosen not to says enough.

I'm thinking that if they run DLC it will be for more... Practical uses rather than just taking our lovely moneyz. Maybe event legendaries will become downloadable content to prevent them from being leaked when people hack the Pokedex? (For example, we knew about Arceus at the beginning of Gen4 and Genesect at the beginning of Gen5, DLC could make later legends more of a surprise)

Also maybe active updates for the games so we don't run into business where forms can't be seen in some versions of games (Like how you can't see Black or White Kyurem in B/W1, etc.)

I don't understand why so many people seem to dislike dlc for pokemon.
I could imagine maybe that an event pokemon could be released, and then,after the event ends, it will forever be able to be bought as dlc.

no. paid dlc would be awful. they already make enough money on games, trading cards, toys and dvds i would hope they wouldnt try to suck out more money from pokefans

Actually, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity had paid DLC dungeons. I seriously doubt that we will get paid DLC in XY for anything other than a Master Ball or something similar. DLC Pokemon are out of the question, though.

If we get DLC it will likely be how it is now: Free*

I doubt we will ever have DLC to buy a master ball or something. Even in the most nickle & dimey of nintendlc, you're not paying just for an item you're paying for everything in that pack. Namely actual content that's used to extend play time.

Adding a new Pokemon like we expect them do to do with the usual event legends, won't really do that. Most people will download it and put it in their box. Battle facilities all ban them. As do most real tournaments. Kind of limits the use of it in any capacity, you know?

*Er, to an extent. Obviously there's Pokemon paired with certain merchandise, but hey in that case your buying merch and getting a Pokemon out of it.

If we get DLC it will likely be how it is now: Free*

I doubt we will ever have DLC to buy a master ball or something. Even in the most nickle & dimey of nintendlc, you're not paying just for an item you're paying for everything in that pack. Namely actual content that's used to extend play time.

Adding a new Pokemon like we expect them do to do with the usual event legends, won't really do that. Most people will download it and put it in their box. Battle facilities all ban them. As do most real tournaments. Kind of limits the use of it in any capacity, you know?

*Er, to an extent. Obviously there's Pokemon paired with certain merchandise, but hey in that case your buying merch and getting a Pokemon out of it.
Yeah, I know how many, say, iPhone games have options to pay to get packs of items and stuff. If Pokemon ever had "pay extra money to get these items" or something… well, that might have to be my breakoff point. As soon as people can pay to either do well at or access thing others can't in pokemon, I'm out.

Speaking as someone who never manages to get Event Pokemon, I wouldn't really mind if they became available later as DLC. If it's Free DLC, then even better.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Until we know its Base Power, accuracy and distribution, it's impossible to say what kind of impact it would have on the metagame. Actually, we don't know anything about the metagame either, so it's impossible to say what kind of impact anything would have on it.

With the shocking revelation of a name over ten letters (See the french name of Pancham) how do you think this will affect... Hah, affect anything important, that's funny.

But still, think about it. Feraligatr to Feraligator.

i don't think they'll retcon a name. it might've been initially intended to be that, but it doesn't really improve anything, and will just confuse people, i think.

The Panda, Wyvern, Fox, and Grass ninja thingy are cool, but the others to me are lame. Another deer, but as legendary, lame. The other goat looks like Sawsbuck, lame. The yellow thing is alright but looks too girly. The last thing is that there is another water Frog!!! If it can become water fighting, then it will be cool, but if it is another water ground or poison then I'm going to flip!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)