Apprentice Program: Round Seventy Four

Status
Not open for further replies.

Limitless

Success is the best revenge.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Welcome to round 74 of Battling 101. If you are seeking a tutor, you're in the right place. Fill out the information below to be assigned a tutor.

Username:
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:
What tier do you want to learn?:
Tell us a little about yourself:
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:
To clear up any confusion, here is an example of what an application would look like:

Username: Kevin Garrett
Shoddy Username: Kevin Garrett
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 4:00 p.m. – 2 a.m. GMT -5
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am the reason luvdiscs were implemented on Smogon. Aside from that, I deleted all of my posts because they were all terrible. I really want to learn how to play Pokemon the right way because I have struggled with it for so long and put in a lot of time to get better, but can't improve at all.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Definitely.
YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS. Additionally, you must be able to use Pokémon Online, Pokémon Showdown, or at least Shoddy Battle (if you only wish to learn DPP OU).

Important: Don't forget about the new Tutee Talk forum, including what we expect of you guys if you are chosen as tutees! You can read more about that here.

One more thing: If you were skipped in the round before this one, make a note somewhere in your sign-up post that this was the case. It makes it easier for us when we do the pairings.

Username: ScoobyDoom
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: kingmeplz
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 10:00AM-12PM EST
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I took a break recently from Pokemon due to me getting bored. In addition, I got rather busy with school. Now that I've taken sufficient time away from Pokemon, I'm ready to dive back in. Also, now that school is over, I'll have a lot more time to dedicate to Pokemon and a tutor. Other than that, I love to fish, cook, and hang out with friends whenever I can. I also hope to become friends with whatever tutor I receive. I am a dedicated Pokemon player that loves to experiment with new pokemon outside of OU. It's fairly normal for me to team build and come up with many versions of a team. However, many of my teams lack the synergy I'd like, so that's why I want to sign up for tutoring. Thanks!
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Certainly!

Username:Rwhite84
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown: [DA]Rwhite84 / DA Rwhite84
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST(GMT-5) 2:50PM - 10PM(sometimes later)
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing competitive pokemon for about a year and a half now, I've been able to pick up on essentially every tier but OU, I use both PO, and PS although when I PS it is much preferred to use a smaller server such as Ori, or Amythest because my cpu is slow. I tend to avoid stall teams since I have ADD, I like using creative sets to stallbreak such as golurk. I'm online essentially all day, my other main interests are football (hence my name), and 80s rock music, and military/war subjects.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes, Gladly

Username: Alibi
Pokemon Showdown Username: Evernon (Failure account), Alibi (Shiny new account)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST. With school nearly ending and finals coming up, I might be a bit hard-pressed for time outside of an hour or so a day, but after June 6, I'll have an extremely flexible schedule. I also have a strange sleeping pattern and stay up pretty late anyway, so getting a tutor in a different timezone would be no biggie.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 UU (If that's unavailable, I wouldn't mind doing RU.)
Tell us a little about yourself: Pokemon was practically my life when I was younger, but I stopped playing after 4th gen, which, looking back, I wish I hadn't done. Between that time and now, I've become a sub-par guitar player, an avid reader, an amateur writer, and a complete dork. I recently discovered competitive Pokemon, and thought it would be a neat thing to do, so yeah... here I am. I'm pretty easy to get along with and am eager to learn, so I don't think I'd be too difficult of a tutee to take on.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Of course.
Why I should be tutored despite having less than 25 posts: My lack of posting is mainly due to the fact that I don't have much to contribute in the first place. I've been lurking for a long time, if that counts for anything, and really only made an account so I can sign up for Battle 101. I'm really hoping that, by being tutored, I'll be able to make some friends here and become a part of the community.

Audiosurfer

I'd rather be sleeping
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Username: Audiosurfer
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Audiosurfer
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5, available from 5pm my time onwards
What tier do you want to learn?: DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing competitive Pokemon for about a year now, and I wanted to be able to play in some of the DPP tournaments that I've seen, so I figured it'd be a good time to learn about the metagame, especially since it seems cool. Other things about myself are that I play NU, PU, and am one of the leaders of the Doubles project, I like music (for specifics check my sig) TV shows, reading books, acting, and hanging out with my friends (Also, if you need any other reason to tutor me, it's my birthday today :) )
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Definitely

Username:Tetz23
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:Tetz23 for PS and PO
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT-5, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm and 8:00pm to 12:00 am
What tier do you want to learn?:RU
Tell us a little about yourself:I'm a novice battler in need of tutoring to develop my skills. Also, I'm an unemployed high school graduate. Class of 2013!
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:Yes

I usually just read the articles and use them for myself. I'm still in the lurker phase. I was skipped in Round 73.

Username: InsaneDragoniteHD
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Draggi or Merciful Quilava
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -4 3-8 every day except for Friday and Sunday.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 NU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a novice battler who needs help to get better at NU, so that I can start contributing more to smogon.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes !

I was skipped in the last Round because I did not know my tutor was an inactive one. I deserve to be tutored with less than 25 posts because I am more of a lurker on here and I learn really fast. I am hoping that with this I will be able to post more on smogon and be a great contributor to the NU community.

Username: Spyder
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: .Spyder, Force of Nature
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+1, mornings and evenings
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU, DPP OU, ADV OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm 14 years old and I live in the UK. I was tutored last round in ADV OU by M Dragon, but he was pretty busy with college and irl stuff, so we didn't get much covered. I still need a lot of help with all the tiers and stuff, because I want to become a good ladder player and tournament player. I need help on teambuilding and learning how to utilize playstyles to their fullest potential. I could also use some help on battling strategy and expanding my knowledge of the metagames.
Less than 25 posts: I'm still uncomfortable with posting due to the lack of knowledge I possess, and I want to start posting more, but I feel as though getting tutored will be able to help me contribute a lot more.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yep

Ojama agreed to tutor me. It says he isn't tutoring atm, but he told me it was a mistake and he will let the tutoring staff know about it.

Username: dbzmariogeno
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Geno/RotomPoison (The slash is in it, it's 1 name)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5 3-9pm until June 7th and 12:30pm-11pm after
What tier do you want to learn?: DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I like Pokemon, competitve and just in game nuzlockes and other random things, have a YouTube channel and would like to know more about 4th gen OU, since a lot of my friends like it, and it was the first gen I ever played. I tried it and i'm decent but not as good as I want to be. In 5th gen i'm pretty good, though i've gotten bored of it somewhat (except Ubers). Keeping this short cause i'm sick of my computer refreshing instead of submitting, ffs.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes

I was skipped last round.

Username: Nykro
Pokemon Showdown Username: Nikro
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: CST 10am-11pm weekdays 7am - 5pm weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: B/W(2) ou
Tell us a little about yourself: My name is John I have been playing Pokemon since I was little. My intersts includemusic, Pokemon, frisbee, and quiet time alone under this one tree. I got into competitive batteling 3 years ago and while I am good enough to obliteriate my friends in real life I fare only decently aginst other true compeditive players.I do have a job at a hamburger joint.I have a weather team and a good stuffs team but cant effectivly use them. Also I really perfer wifi but I can showdown if that is Perfered.
Lacking 25 posts: I am not confidint enough to hop in and give people advice yet because I still dont take all too many wins.

I was skipped last round!
Thanks

Fusxfaranto

gonna smoke five blunts and watch anime
Username: Axaj
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Fusxfaranto
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-7, school's getting out next week so pretty much any time from noon to midnight after that
What tier do you want to learn?: RBY OU, but if that's not possible then BW NU
Tell us a little about yourself: I joined Smogon a few years ago, then took a long break from Pokemon, but I've been back and active since about December. I play mostly NU and Doubles (and more recently experimenting with RBY), and I'd really like to improve my skills. I'm also almost always on IRC in quite a few channels, so I'm pretty easy to reach :)
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure

Username: TheSuperSaiyanBreloom
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:TCBB
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Weekends most likely or maybe the weekdays if i'm lucky. 2:30AM-9:00PM Usa, Pacific
What tier do you want to learn?: B/W 2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a guy who's terrible at battling and would like to be a good player.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: yes

I was skipped in Round 73.

Username : Shinysyduck
Users on literally everything : Shinysyduck
Timez and stuffz : Eastern standard time, usually good from about 4pm to 10pm. Summer vacation is coming so those hours should be a lot more flexible.
What tier : I don’t really care all that much, i prefer BW UU and BW OU though.
About me? Well i’m flattered that you would ask. Um, as of now im an honors society freshmen in a HS in New York, I love to upload videos to youtube when i have the time and i’m also a little bit of an athlete ( play sports casually, used to play on a team ).
As far as Pokemon related things go, i’ve played since very early BW.
Sure, i’d be willing to do talk threats on my tutors. Im usually straight up with people :D

I don’t have 25 posts ( short by 1 ) because i’m more of reader. I deserve to be tutored anyway I don’t like to post very often lol. I deserve to be tutored anyway because I took a break from the game and im super eager to get back into it, I just feel I could use some extra "oomf" getting back into the current meta.

Another important thing, I tried signing up for this 3 prior times in i think the rounds of late 40s ? ( not entirely sure ) and none of them I got a “tutor” :C.

I have a skype btw as a means of contact, as well as facebook, youtube and oovoo.

Username: Psylink
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Psylink
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 4-7 PM, all day weekends
Tell us a little about yourself: I play Pokemon (duh), Minecraft FTB, I do competitive swimming, I play piano, and I make electronic music under the name Dragonspiral (copyright lol)

Was skipped Round 71, 72, forgot to sign up 73. If I don't make it in this time, I will have a more flexible schedule (Summer vacation)

Username: Ace Trainer
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: AceTrainer
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Around 9PM-3AM. I'm EST so GMT -6
Tell us a little about yourself: I played pokemon since Gold and Silver but i just played it for fun. I started playing competitively since DPP started and I enjoyed it. I'm a high school student and I go to school in Indiana. I like to read mystery novels and i want to do design. I play Baseball and basketball.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure

Trinitrololuene has agreed to tutor me

Username: xHeadhonchkrow
Pokemon Online Username: xHeadhonchkrow
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST any time after 3:30 m-f and any time sat and sunday
What tier do you want to learn?: bw2 ou
Tell us a little about yourself: I have been playing pokemon since RBY and I have been battling competitively since DPPt but I feel like I have a lot to learn. I have applied twice and I been skipped both times.
Less than 25 posts: I think I should learn more before I say something dumb.

Username:Slowking12
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:Slowking12
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5, Everyday 10PM - all night
What tier do you want to learn?:BW 2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been a fan of Pokemon ever since Ruby and Sapphire. I love Trick Room, but I want to try out Hail this round

MOET has agreed to tutor me

Username:*Issues
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:*Issues
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:*Central Standard Time. Every day after 2 P.M and all day on off days.(Mondays & Wednesday)*
What tier do you want to learn?:*BW OU 2
*Tell us a little about yourself:*I'm roughly new to Smogon, although I have been playing competitive Pokemon for about 3 years.(Still lack team building skills) I enjoy skateboarding, alternative rock, and cutting up dead people in class. I'll be majoring as a medical examiner. I also spend most of my time with my 2 year long girlfriend. :)
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutor?*of course

Was guaranteed a tutor after last round
Harsha has agreed to tutor me

Username: gnoudv1
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: gnoudv1
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5 (EST), 7:00pm - 6:00am every day.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a final year student of a science university. I like video games, mangas. I've played pokemon games for 5 years but i've just started with competitive battling. I'm only a novice in competitive battling.I have a dificult to create a team and predict in battle, and i want to learn from an experienced player.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors? yes, of course

I was skipped last round, round 73

Don Honchkrorleone

Happy Qwilfish the nightmare
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Username: Don Honchkrorleone
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Sailor Venus / Carlos Gardel / Ron Damón (PS); Patropi (PO)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -3; Monday-Thursday from 11 PM to 2 AM, Friday from 8 AM to 5 PM, weekends everytime.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 19-year old guy from Brazil that majors in history at university. I play Pokemon since I was 10 and competitively since 15. I'm quite good at NU, RU and LC (the latter two due to the excellent tutors I got from here before), but whenever I try to get started at UU, I fail miserably. I like Yugioh, Saint Seiya, history and languages. I major in history and aspire to be a translator, voice actor and etimologist. I hate rap, but love progressive rock and samba (the original one).
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure, why not?

I was skipped in Round 73

Username: ZizRider
Pokemon Online Username: ZizRider, [HH]ZizRider
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Est 4-9
What tier do you want to learn?: Bw2 Uber and Ou
Tell us a little about yourself: I love Pokemon and I am trying to become the Uber brain on my favorite server, even though it is has been plauged by attacks rom a hacking jerk lately, but I am new to the competitive battleing seen and am desperate to learn.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: as often as i can

Username: Keshaluv
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Keshaluv
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Pacific Coast Standard Time(-8) Monday-Thursday 2 P.M. Friday-Sunday All day
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing competitive pokemon for the past 3 Summers but never have gotten the hang of it. I've struggled with teambuilding and that is probably one of my biggest weaknesses. But my prediction skills have grown enormously! I tend to prefer a bulky offensive style but have also attempted semi-stall as well.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: yes, of course

Why should I be tutored if I have less than 25 posts? I've been lurking through forums for the past 2 years and I also have made this new account I'm using atm. I have a past account that has roughly 50-60 posts on it if you would like to show you the profile. I learn extremely quickly. And if I do say so myself my prediction skills are very impressive.

Username: FireStarzz
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Firestarzz
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+1, everyday afternoon and night
Tell us a little about yourself: I have only recently start playing competitive pokemon, and i really really like the tactics and depth behind it. I wish there is someone teach me and i have a lot to learn and im quite a fast learner. Im a Uni student in UK who just finish my final project for archtecture so im will be free coming up. I really enjoy playing pokemon and league of legends in spare time!

Lack of 25post: I literally sign up smogon for this thread so i can start my 'pokemon career' with experts teaching me. I feel like i dont have enough knowledge or skills to contribute to the community yet hence i didnt post anything. However, i have read a lot a lot of articles and rmts and analysis and to learn as fast as possible. Im dedicated to this and to improve my skills as much as possible.

Username: dashunicorn
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:dashunicorn
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: gmt -5 I'll be available any time of day. Whatever is convenient for my tutor is fine with me.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU or Adv OU (preferably BW2)
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing pokemon competitively since 4th gen. I took a break from battling shortly before the release of BW2 and have recently returned. Music, sports, xbox, all that good stuff
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:Yes

BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS. The majority, if not all, of my posts have been for tournaments. My activity in these tournaments should prove that I won't disappear and will be able to meet with my tutor consistently. Receiving a tutor will open doors and lead to an increase of my activity within the smogon community.

I was skipped in the previous round (73)

Username: Yomegami
Pokemon Showdown Username: D.L. Yomegami
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Eastern (GMT -5:00). These days, I'm usually available 1:00 PM to 4:00 AM.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been a member for a while, and I've been lurking for longer still. That said, I don't feel knowledgeable enough to become a really frequent poster (though I have made meaningful posts before), and I'm very socially awkward, which makes contributing even harder for me. The reason I'm signing up for this is so I can spend less time staring at the Teambuilder screen and more time battling (which, in turn, should lead to increased participation from me).
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Why not?
Why less than 25 posts?: This is my 25th post, but I might as well put this here anyway. As previously mentioned, I've lurked enough to have at least a basic grasp of the metagame, and I've done quite a bit of battling on Pokemon Showdown (though I've yet to get really into it).

I was skipped Round 69 (if that means anything - I applied for BW2 OU as opposed to Ubers then).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)