Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
so far as I know, the XY roundtable is a behind closed doors thing
there will probably be liveblogs
I thought the upcoming Nintendo Direct was supposed to be a live cast of the discussion. If that's not true, then most big conventions videotape their important speeches/keynotes for the internet's later reference. I recall they had an official recording for the reveal of the Wii U and such, though I don't think it was live.

I thought the upcoming Nintendo Direct was supposed to be a live cast of the discussion. If that's not true, then most big conventions videotape their important speeches/keynotes for the internet's later reference. I recall they had an official recording for the reveal of the Wii U and such, though I don't think it was live.
The Nintendo Direct is having nothing from XY or even any 3ds games (beyond maybe a token mention).
The reveal of the Wii U was live streamed because it was a conference/key note

The roundtables are never livestreamed, only live blogged by people attending. Last year we did get a very brief highlight reel of one the roundtable after the fact, but it wasn't everything iirc

after several posts & VM's saying as much, I'm just going to lock this until we get more information
which should hopefully be tuesday soooo

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Fairy type confirmed: Sylveon, Gardevoir, Marill, Jigglypuff, etc.
New Butterfly Pokémon, Vivillon.
New Bat Pokémon, Noivern.

So fairy-type, huh? I wish they would tell us how it matches up, I'm trying to reserve judgement until I hear that. Anyone got pictures of the two new pokemon? I googled them and all I got were a bunch of horses.

So we got some nice info

The games will include a new Fairy Pokemon type, the 18th type of Pokemon to be introduced to the franchise. The Fairy type is super effective against Dragons and includes new Eevee evolution Sylveon as well as retroactively including Jigglypuff, Gardevoir, and Marill (though there's no word if these Pokemon will also retain their existing type). A new Pokemon named Noivern was also revealed.

^ I think we know it's weak to Poison.

I wonder if the Clefairy line will be Fairy-type now. That would be, um, quite a major over-sight if they're not lol.

Competitively speaking, the most relevent potential ones are probably Chansey/Blissey.

Fairy is real!!!!!! Dances with joy. But the butterfly news is annoying. Its probably a pathetic mon. Holy shit noivern is awesome

Welp, fairy type! Very nice, very nice. Gotta say, I was confident about it for some time now and it seems like it matches up to all the rumors so far.
Time to get excited about new roles for old pokemon!

So fairy is for real?And s.e against dragons, that's the way to go! Vivillion looks cute. May I suppose that Noivern is part dark type?

Noivern looks like it has boobs on its head...

The butterfly pokemon's design is alright :3
And fairy type omg o.o i wonder if there will be fairy plate arceus

Noivern looks like it has boobs on its head...

The butterfly pokemon's design is alright :3
And fairy type omg o.o i wonder if there will be fairy plate arceus
I thought those were ears. I totally missed that - they are definitely boobs!

In all seriousness, I'll probably be getting both the bat and the butterfly. They look awesome from what I've seen. I'm really impressed with the designs so far. I hope we get to learn a lot more later today!

Not quite sure what makes Marill a fairy-type. [Inb4 this means Pikachu becomes a fairy-type]

Not quite sure why Dragon is weak to Fairy.

But please, make Fairy weak to Poison. PLEASE. [And make Ice resist Fairy]. Both of those types need something offensive and defensive, respectively.

Anyway, since all Fairy-types listed so far are pure-types currently, we may have the Gen 2 Magnemite situation. No duel-types will become Fairies, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)