Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want fairy type. Not because of the types it is effective on, but because it (The name) logically makes no sense. Like marill, the heck is that a fairy?
I was kind of hoping it would be localized or something (like dark-type), but it looks like that isn't happening.

I knew it! Or did I? Hmm, can't remember. Anyway, I like the new Pokémon and type. I'm glad Dragon-type got nerfed, but I still hope some Pokémon and Pokémon-types get tweaked a little.

PS: I just adore Pokémon-ami. It really gives a new dimension to the interaction with Pokémon. Oh, another thing, I also hope we will get more mounts.

I was kind of hoping it would be localized or something (like dark-type), but it looks like that isn't happening.
Exactly! If it had a different logical name that somehow ties Gardevoir, Marill, Jigglypuff, and Sylveon together, I wouldn't even care to question how it's super effective on dragons. But as it stands, it's ridiculous

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
My thoughts:

1. I like the new Butterfly mon. Sucks that it's most likely doomed to be useless as per the Butterfree - Beautifly pattern. :'(
2. Gardevoir will no longer be stuck in NU, omg.

Also Fairy Wind (iirc) is a really... strange name for a move but OH WELL there have been stranger moves.

Honestly, looking at moves like 'Moonblast' and the general theme of the fairy-types, and the image they chose [Hydregion v Sylveon has Sylveon glowing... like the moon] I'd say 'Lunar' is a far better name than 'Fairy'. [As in, drawing power from the moon]

Especially since we'll probobly see 'Fairy-type' Clefairy. Which makes melaugh, actually, that they didn't choose to reveal Clefairy as a Fairy-type, and instead chose Jigglypuff.

I wonder if they changed anything else about the type chart. Hopefully ice has more resists and poison has more stuff hit for SE

Honestly, looking at moves like 'Moonblast' and the general theme of the fairy-types, and the image they chose [Hydregion v Sylveon has Sylveon glowing... like the moon] I'd say 'Lunar' is a far better name than 'Fairy'. [As in, drawing power from the moon]

Especially since we'll probobly see 'Fairy-type' Clefairy. Which makes melaugh, actually, that they didn't choose to reveal Clefairy as a Fairy-type, and instead chose Jigglypuff.
I kinda like ''Lunar'' theme, that would maybe give Cresselia a new breeze of life.And she looks like a ''Fairy'', too, plus ''Moonlight'' is awfully close to ''Moonblast''. :S Anyway,I am happy that Gardevoir will have a chance to shine, too.I like the new type, we have something new now.Plus, does Xerneas use ice beam in the video?

"You're sure to meet many Pokémon in the Kalos region, with many different traits, skills, and appearances. Have a look at some of the Pokémon you can expect to encounter."

Copied straight from the Pokémon site. Mmm... Different "traits"? Never seen the word "traits" used that way in the Pokémon world. Maybe Pokémon will have personalities, besides natures? Or maybe natures will become more important? Maybe I'm just seeing things, hehe.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
So... Fairy type is real. And it's called Fairy.

I might have lost a bet or two. Anybody know any good recipes for hat stew?

At least, the Sound type rumour is debunked... for this generation. If Noivern isn't Sound type (confirmed by the official site to be Flying/Dragon in that order(!)), then nothing is.

EDIT 2: The official site states Gardevoir, Marill and Jigglypuff all retain their typing, with Fairy being their secondary typing.

"You're sure to meet many Pokémon in the Kalos region, with many different traits, skills, and appearances. Have a look at some of the Pokémon you can expect to encounter."

Copied straight from the Pokémon site. Mmm... Different "traits"? Never seen the word "traits" used that way in the Pokémon world. Maybe Pokémon will have personalities, besides natures? Or maybe natures will become more important? Maybe I'm just seeing things, hehe.
trait usually means abilities but maybe you're right

The Fairy-Type would have been exciting if it hadn't been speculated to death and back eight hundred times.

Still glad it got confirmed, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)