Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's other "rules" people think exist but they're not rules too. People for some reason think a Pokemon is only allowed to have three stages in its evolutionary line. We've never had one with more than three stages yet, but there's no reason why it can't happen.
Though for that one, Masuda apparently stated that he disliked the idea. I don't know the source though and I only heard it on 4chan's /vp/ board.

It happened in Gen II with Steel and Dark (when I was a kid myself), and people weren't really screaming out for more after that.

They changed the type chart over the years too. Bug used to be super-effective against Poison, and Ice used to be neutral against Fire, and so on.
Mind Smogon didn't exist when Gen II was released.

The absolute best part about this is how they revealed a new type strong agaisnt dragons
then they reveal a new dragon
then the only other pokemon revealed, a super happy pink butterfly

is Bug/Flying and not Bug/Fairy

okay well this is also the best but details

Quoting serebii:

Hey all

Just figured I'd let you know that there is far more to come tonight. They won't just be reiterating this stuff.
don't think they are going to update the main page right now with 2 new pokémon just to update it several hours later with new.

I guess that's all new information for this month

One would argue that the randomness is actually attributed to seed time. In order to be really random you would need to count the number of beta particles decaying off something radioactive...

or all intents and purposes though, Pokemon has randomness

You realize that stands for RANDOM number generation, right? There's plenty random in Pokemon
Really, this will probably just turn into a long argument about the meaning of the word random, so I'll just post this and leave it at that:
BW RNG Manipulation Guide said:
There are many seemingly random events in Pokemon: the IVs and natures of the Pokemon that you capture or breed, the number of steps an NPC walks before turning, or the odds that your newly hatched Oshawott is shiny. As it turns out, these events are all governed by the output of a class of mathematical formulas, which are known as pseudo random number generators. The word "pseudo", often used to paint things as "fraudulent" or "false," is very appropriate in this case. Even though the numbers output by these formulas may appear to be random, they are not.
Anyways, I'm guessing what whoever brought this up originally meant was that it would be calculated independently of IVs.

The absolute best part about this is how they revealed a new type strong agaisnt dragons
then they reveal a new dragon
then the only other pokemon revealed, a super happy pink butterfly

is Bug/Flying and not Bug/Fairy

okay well this is also the best but details
That's saved on my iPod.... Lol

It's the most amazing artwork yet <3

Its ridiculous to argue this. Obviously RNG has a formula, its always had a formula, but no matter what its not supposed to be exploited and hence it is truly random.

The 3ds version will be truly random as long as the ROMs aren't hacked and no AR/Gamesharks(I'm old) come out for it. Data Dumps will be impossible.

Edit: I called Fairies! I so CALLED FAIRIES

anyone notice that the text has changed a little bit?

like, instead of 'foe _______ used _______' it seems to be 'the opposing _____ used _______'

minor nitpick, but it's interesting.

don't think they are going to update the main page right now with 2 new pokémon just to update it several hours later with new.

I guess that's all new information for this month
I'm guessing the roundtable will talk about the changes and honestly it'd be weird to not show one other totally new Fairy type today.

We'll probably get new information on stuff revealed, is what I'm saying.

Just throwing this out there, I'm going to guess that Eevee evolves into Sylveon via this "Pokemon-Amie" thing.
ohhhh - yeah, that sounds like a good theory, actually!

but omg the english voiceover for that trailer is so annoying
he sounds like he's the guy who does teletubbies?

TIME FOR TUBBY BYE-BYE
TIME FOR TUBBY BYE-BYE

The rumored Dragon immunity and the Fairy-type weaknesses (Poison/Steel) could make things a bit awkward for most dragons. It'll be interesting to see how their movesets evolve. Maybe those with good secondary STABs will be able to muscle through the fairies without having to resort to SE coverage moves. Unlike Steels I don't think fairies will resist almost every elemental type.

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
For someone not paying close attention to the formulas, it seems as though it's random. I know is not truly, though.

To answer the original question, hidden power probably won't be randomized, but they'll have to involve a new formula, possibly using the personality value? Or they could just create a new one and keep anything transferred, if possible, to use the old one.

Its ridiculous to argue this. Obviously RNG has a formula, its always had a formula, but no matter what its not supposed to be exploited and hence it is truly random.

The 3ds version will be truly random as long as the ROMs aren't hacked and no AR/Gamesharks(I'm old) come out for it. Data Dumps will be impossible.
There's no evidence to support this claim.

The rumoreed Dragon immunity and the Fairy-type weaknesses (Poison/Steel) could make things a bit awkward for most dragons. It'll be interesting to see how their movesets evolve. Maybe those with good secondary STABs will be able to muscle through the fairies without having to resort to SE coverage moves. Unlike Steels I don't think fairies will resist almost every elemental type.
Ughh.... Imagine OU Poison Jab Garchomp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)