Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand why everyone is so obsessed with Hidden Power. I remember before how some people were against a new type, solely because they didn't want Hidden Power to be messed up.....

I think all that'll happen is that there won't be a Hidden Power Fairy. Even if something else happens, it's not really that big of a deal...it's just one move.

The games will contain StreetPass and SpotPass functionality. What if you can play with your friends' Pokemon through Pokemon Amie? (Should be PA for short).

Could we call it Lunar type? As a Dragon type trainer getting defeated by fairies doesn't sit too well with me. On the other hand, I'm all for a balanced metagame and new types are always good.

Poison must be SE against Fairy type or they might as well cancel it.

There's no evidence to support this claim.
Let me clarify; it will be effectively random. Unless I am wrong and someone has learned to crack the 3DS already there will be no way to RNG abuse without learning what inputs the RNG takes and what the effect is.

Its actually really interesting to get a Pokemon game that will not be data mined days before release. It will be even more interesting to see a wifi-versus domain that is not dominated by 'legitimate hacks'.

The more you play with your Pokémon, the friendlier they will become. Friendly Pokémon may perform better in battle, and maybe other good things will happen, too!
This quote from the site(specifically the last bit) just seals the deal for me that Eevee evolves using this.

Let me clarify; it will be effectively random. Unless I am wrong and someone has learned to crack the 3DS already there will be no way to RNG abuse without learning what inputs the RNG takes and what the effect is.

Its actually really interesting to get a Pokemon game that will not be data mined days before release. It will be even more interesting to see a wifi-versus domain that is not dominated by 'legitimate hacks'.
You do know that it's already possible to do RNG abuse on the 3DS? It'll probably take some time after XY are released but someone will figure out the basics.

Amen!

Reshiram89 will only be happy once there is uranium and a Geiger counter in every Pokemon cartridge to count the random emissions and obtain true randomness for his Pokemon.

You do know that it's already possible to do RNG abuse on the 3DS? It'll probably take some time after XY are released but someone will figure out the basics.
Not familiar. Which games would need RNG . . . and which games would their be such a dedicated fanbase for RNG (Pokemon is the only game I know of with such a fanbase and last I checked X&Y are not out yet)?

*Edit: Obviously RNGing B&W/2 on a 3ds is possible but that is because those ROMs were hacked and dumped. Ultimately they are DS games.

"Yay, now we can stop dragons more easily! Yay!"
What we forgot: Flygon will probably go RU, Druddigon falls to NU, and Altaria squeezes out of existence.

Poor Flygon. ):

Not familiar. Which games would need RNG . . . and which games would their be such a dedicated fanbase for RNG (Pokemon is the only game I know of with such a fanbase and last I checked X&Y are not out yet)?
I know of some people who manipulate the RNG for Fire Emblem, but its not as sophisticated or in depth as Pokemon, at least as far as I know.

Dark Fallen Angel

FIDDLESTICKS IS ALSO GOOD ON MID!
Could we call it Lunar type? As a Dragon type trainer getting defeated by fairies doesn't sit too well with me. On the other hand, I'm all for a balanced metagame and new types are always good.

Poison must be SE against Fairy type or they might as well cancel it.
Although Poison is a reasonable candidate to be super-effective against Fairy, I doubt that doing that will make them a better offensive type. On the way that things are going, those rumors that Fairy was going to be immune to Dragon, weak to Poison and Steel, and not very effective against Fire and Psychic, are going to be true. I just hope that Fairy gets at least one common weakness or it will be yet another dominant and overpowered type.

*Edit: Obviously RNGing B&W/2 on a 3ds is possible but that is because those ROMs were hacked and dumped.
That's why I said after they're released...

Tbh, Fariy sounds so bad. Why could it not be light or something. Competitively, I think having a new Dragon counter can help even out our metagame. Dragons were way overpowered and took over the current metagame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)