Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine what would happen if Marill/Jigglypuff conserves the Fairy type by evolving.

Azumarill would be a 150 Base Attack Dragon wrecking machine.:kongler:

Dark Fallen Angel

FIDDLESTICKS IS ALSO GOOD ON MID!
If Sylveon gets the 130 speed, it could definitely be a fearsome Dragon revenger. A new type is especially exciting and the rumored full typing of Fairy allows for some much need balance adjustments.
It does not even have to have that much speed, if it gets at least 103 speed (to outspeed Garchomp and every +1 Dragon-type) or even better, a priority Fairy-type attack.

Oh, and not all is lost for Dragon-types. Even if Fairies end up being immune or resistant to them, Dragon-type attacks still have excellent neutral coverage and the Pokémon that will outright die or take at least 75% - 90% from Dragon-type attacks are still there. Dragon-types will just need more support now. I hope that Fairies become weak to Dark, since that will mean a weakness to Pursuit, which will encourage people to use Dragon-types alongside Tyranitar. Although Fairies would probably use Ghost/Bug + Ground/Fighting coverage, which would be able to get past Tyranitar, or not even that if on the end, Fairy end up being super-effective against Dark.

If Sylveon gets the 130 speed, it could definitely be a fearsome Dragon revenger. A new type is especially exciting and the rumored full typing of Fairy allows for some much need balance adjustments.

Sylveon's stats would look like this: (based on Vaporeon)

HP - 95
ATT - 65
DEF - 65
Sp. ATT - 110
Sp. DEF - 60
SPEED - 130

In the new trailer, at around 0:28 when the player leaves his house, you can see a Rhyhorn lying on a blanket. And it has a beach ball. Holy shit this game is going to be great.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Everyone calm down and stop insulting each other. I'm already having to dole out infractions and I really don't like doing it.

It is an Eeveelution though, so it's offensive move selection might be quite limited.

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
Well, why not? I do not think that it sounds OP, as long as they make Fairy weak to other common types, like Dark (would encourage people that use Hydreigon to use Dark Pulse), Electric (would encourage people that use Dragons to use more Electric-type coverage, this time not only to cover bulky Water-types) or even better, Fire (most Dragon-types already use Fire-type attacks to achieve perfect coverage on everything but Heatran).

It would be a good thing to stop these "spam Outrage/Draco Meteor" things.
We already have enough ways to kill dragons. Most of them are paired with a dual type giving them a ridiculous ice weakness or a secondary type with easily exploitable weaknesses to common coverage types like rock/fighting/ground/steel etc and sometimes BOTH.

Dragon types flavour wise were always supposed to be glass cannons, Hitting extremely hard but falling to strong attacks themselves.I have no issues with them being Super Effective against dragons, we'll just gain 5-6 new pokemon to revenge kill dragons, but Fairy types being immune to dragon ruins that flavor completely. Not to mention it doesn't make any sense, unlike Steel

and apart from Kyurem-B that 'Spam outrage/DM' problem isn't really that omnipresent in standard play due to there being excellent steel types and uber bulky pokemon like Hippowdown.

Also, according to the rumor, Fairy will only have this immunity and will have no resistances. This means that simply overwhelming them with neutral STAB attacks should defeat them. However, I fear what will happen if a physical or special wall gets a Fairy type. What if Blissey becomes Fairy? It will once again be the best special wall and both her and Chansey will probably be capable of walling a huge portion of Pokémon.
The only confirmed thing is it's super effective to dragon and I doubt they want to make it a 'better normal type that hits 3 types for SE damage' that would completely ruin the niche of Normal type. So here's batting it has a normal range of weanesses and resistances with no stupid immunity business.

Sapientia

Wir knutschen
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Remember how they completely fucked up Psychic types in 2nd gen by adding Dark types?

Well, same thing.
Psychic was not even close as strong in gen 1 as dragon is in g5.
There are Alakazam, Jynx and Slowbro. Slowbro doesn't run Psychic all the time and Kazam is not that common. AND they also addet steel, which is an other Psychic resist.

Considering, that I managed to have a pretty good record using a Monodragon team, I am really happy with the new fairy type
And I like stall and a new definsive type could help covering the 1234234 new offensive threats XY will bring into the metagame.

Long time pokemon fan, I see a lot of people saying fairy type is the end all "Dragon Slayers", but really think about it...statistically dragon types have the highest base stats. If you look at potential fairy type pokemon...they have subpar base stats.

Just bringing one of these new fairy type to counter dragon pokemon in battle would be suicide, most dragon types are dual type and it would be easy to take this new type out.

I just don't see why they decided to add a new weakness for dragon with such a crappy typing. Granted steel pokemon aren't very offensive and there isn't any good poison moves but fairy pokemon's hp and speed base stat is low enough it doesn't matter. Compare Wigglytuff or Azumarill base stat with Salamence. You know Salamence will tear them to shreds.

What I am interested in seeing is a Fairy/Dragon type which will only have 3 weaknesses Ice/Steel/Poison.

There are Alakazam, Jynx and Slowbro. Slowbro doesn't run Psychic all the time and Kazam is not that common. AND they also addet steel, which is an other Psychic resist.

Considering, that I managed to have a pretty good record using a Monodragon team, I am really happy with the new fairy type
And I like stall and a new definsive type could help covering the 1234234 new offensive threats XY will bring into the metagame.
Starmie and Exeggutor?

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
Are you KIDDING me?

Psychic was weak ONLY to bug in Gen 1, yeah lets count all the viable bug types in the original 150. (Oh wait, there are none All of them without exception sucked)
Not to mention it was IMMUNE to ghosts and it was only resisted by an opposing Psychic.

A jaunt in the gen1 PS! ladder will tell you that Dragons come nowhere NEAR the brokenness of psychic in gen 1. (At least that is general opinion among the regulars) and stuff like Exeggutor and Alakazam wreak teams singlehandedly.

Long time pokemon fan, I see a lot of people saying fairy type is the end all "Dragon Slayers", but really think about it...statistically dragon types have the highest base stats. If you look at potential fairy type pokemon...they have subpar base stats.
Remember that there will be new pokemon.

Maybe some of them could have better stats and any fairy with decent speed could revenge kill a weakened dragon or put a major dent on one. Also depends on the new fairy type moves having good base power.

Sapientia

Wir knutschen
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Starmie and Exeggutor?
:oops: forgot them, my bad.

No one ever uses ghost moves in RBY, for that reason I did not even know, that it's immune to ghost.

Every overused Psychic besides Kazam is dual typed, so has it's weaknesses. Even though Kazam has practically no weakness it is not that common. And yes it is strong, especially with the Special drop that Psychic offers. But it does not easily shred everything (Not talking about Mewto)

I played enough RBY on NetBattle, I don't need to try it out on PS to tell how dominant Psychic is in this metagame.

The only confirmed thing is it's super effective to dragon and I doubt they want to make it a 'better normal type that hits 3 types for SE damage' that would completely ruin the niche of Normal type. So here's batting it has a normal range of weanesses and resistances with no stupid immunity business.
Quite frankly, it only doesn't sit well with you because you're a misogynist (evidenced by your rection to something girly having a possible iota of toughness, and your completely inappropriate use of the word (BAN ME PLEASE).). Believe it or not, fairies, as a whole, aren't just the standard disney tinkerbell stuff you see.

In many legends and origin, they're like a metaphysical spirit, like angels and the like (and before you start calling angels badass, the bible has some angels that engage in fist fights from night until dawn. They completely slaughter evil spirits and dragons, biblically, and are more like protectors). And, even though today we imagined little pure four year olds with blonde, possibly curly, hair, originally they were tall beings or wise trolls. Some, fairies, on the other hand, are described with a malicious nature. They also kidnap humans and lead them astray before torturing them with their mythical powers.

Keep in mind, fairies are also noted to be nymphs or tree spirits. In a Japan, where the religion Shinto is one of the more widely practiced religions (and a great source of inspiration for the franchise), such "fairies" or elemental spirits suddenly make sense, especially with their supereffectiveness against other mythical creatures. Dragons, in the franchise, are noted for their large, destructive attacks and nymphs and spirits are noted for their more protective qualities of their domain. If these types were called nymphs, spirits, protectors, angels, guardian type or whatever, you probably wouldn't be as incensed as you are now. But the god damn word "fairy" inspires some sort of asspained brutality because it implies something feminine can slay a dragon. Well, fairies aren't just mild mannered little girls with butterfly wings and, even if they are, the fact that you're so incomprehensibly angry over this just denotes the person you are - especially since you go on homophobic tirades to just to justify your point.

From a gaming perspective, and from a type perspective (especially as we learn what other strengths and weaknesses they have) it makes sense. Now take a seat because no one should be here for your chagrined womanhating ignorance.

CanadianWifier

Run Away With Me
I for one am SUPER stoked about the new types :D
I seriously don't understand all the hate about the name of the type. Fairy. I really really don't see a problem. At all. I highly doubt every pokemon released for this type will be all pink and girly, I mean all the other types have incredible variation within them, what would make fairy different?
I also have to draw your attention to the fact that there's a Fairy Egg group. WHAT IF, Nintendo retypes all/a majority of this group to fairy types? You'd have stuff like [hopefully] Fairy/Flying Togetic, or a Fairy/Electric Minum+Pluse+Pachi+ or a Fairy/Grass Cherrim. Hell, the lake trio [Uxie Mespirit Azelf] should be Psychic/Fairy imo.

Anyway, with the "brokenness" and mindless spamability of dragon moves these days, it would be REALLY refreshing to see TWO resists to the type instead of limiting you to only one. I honestly can't tell what I'm more excited for at this point - the ingame in Gen VI, or the COMPLETELY changed meta :]

Remember that there will be new pokemon.

Maybe some of them could have better stats and any fairy with decent speed could revenge kill a weakened dragon or put a major dent on one. Also depends on the new fairy type moves having good base power.
Unless Syleon gets 110/130 base speed I don't see any fairys outspeeding dragons. The only potential use for fairy would be fairy Arceus and fairy/normal Chansey and Blissey who will then be moved to Ubers and then dragons will run rampant in OU.

Just chiming in... Really bummed that Noivern isn't a Swoobat evo. Also, if Blissey becomes Fairy type, omg

Also to all of you guys going on the defensive for fairy type... GET OVER IT. Fairies have feminine connotations GTFO

Hey guys, another thing: (not sure many will care)
In the official trailer, at 1:47, we hear 3 cries back to back: Zoroark, Tyranitar and Snorlax
Now, Zoroark's and Snorlax's cries cound the same as before. But Tyranitar's sounds definitely different. Could it be...?

Sapientia

Wir knutschen
Unless Syleon gets 110/130 base speed I don't see any fairys outspeeding dragons. The only potential use for fairy would be fairy Arceus and fairy/normal Chansey and Blissey who will then be moved to Ubers and then dragons will run rampant in OU.
I am quite sure, there will be new Pokemon in generation 6

Starmie and Exeggutor?
Starmie's Water-type was responsible for most of its use. Anything that fast with amazing speed and access to Blizzard/bolt was going to be used. Most standard sets didn't bother with using Psychic.

Exeggutor definitely wasn't used solely for Psychic. It had great resistances afforded by the Grass-type and access to Sleep Powder. You have more of a case with this one, though.

Contrast that with stuff like Dragonite, Haxorus, Hydreigon, Kyurem, Lati@s, and Salamence, who are almost exclusively used due to their Dragon-type rather than their secondary types. I don't think it's fair to compare Gen I Psychic vs. Gen V Dragon due to the obviously massive changes in the mechanics. The fact that dragons dominate the way they do despite stuff like Ice Shard, Ice Beam, and other powerful moves to compete with is a testament to their BST more than anything imo. Meanwhile, psychic types were essentially relegated to sitting on the bench while Chansey was on the field in Gen I. It's hard to say which was more dominate. If anything you may have a case of the dominance of a single Pokemon: Chansey in Gen I was ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)